Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
probably been talked about 1000 times but has anybody compared the two head to head? Walmart has TP3s for 27 a dozen right now.

I picked up a sleeve a month ago. They were a good ball but just never felt right to me. Coming from the prov1 to the 3 piece I felt like I got better distance(just a few yards to seemed) but lost that spin around the greens and with wedges that I wanted. It's a great ball but just not for me and my game

TP3 are a decent ball. They're just not as good as the ProV 1. I get more distance with ProV1 and have better feel.

I picked up a sleeve a month ago. They were a good ball but just never felt right to me. Coming from the prov1 to the 3 piece I felt like I got better distance(just a few yards to seemed) but lost that spin around the greens and with wedges that I wanted. It's a great ball but just not for me and my game

Hmmm. Are you sure about that info?

I like the tp3 better in most areas, caveat being greenside play. For the money, I think its a win-win. I have a few boxes of Tp3's and cannot wait till they drop in price some more.

Hmmm. Are you sure about that info?

Am I way off on that? I'm considering the tp3 as a three piece.

Am I way off on that? I'm considering the tp3 as a three piece.

They are both 3 piece balls. They also both have a urethane cover.

But I assumed the tp3 was designed for distance/cost rather then an overall "tour ball"

What I mean is that they marketed the tp3 as a cheaper tour ball but in my experience with the tp3 it never measured up to the prov1 in the aspects I expected(spin mainly)

I personally would take the TP3 every day of the week. Better spin around the greens and more forgiving off the tee, for me at least.

But I assumed the tp3 was designed for distance/cost rather then an overall "tour ball"

What I mean is that they marketed the tp3 as a cheaper tour ball but in my experience with the tp3 it never measured up to the prov1 in the aspects I expected(spin mainly)

You assumed incorrectly. Its not your fault, just a perception that we as golfers tend to have. Meaning we see something cost less, so we assume its inferior. If you listen to the THP Radio Show from last year on these, you will see it was TM's goal to make a 3 piece urethane ball for less money. Callaway did the same thing with the Chrome. The Chrome, TP3 and Pro V1 all are 3 piece balls with a urethane cover and similar compression. In fact I would go as far as saying that I bet if you checked out the specs of all 3 of them on a launch monitor, you would see similar numbers out of all of them for your game in all facets including distance, spin, etc...

It happens all the time. We assume something is less expensive, so is not premium.

I was just about to say....they are both 3 piece balls with urethane covers

The TP3 is a very good ball. Just as long as anything else off the tee for me, feels great on a variety of shots, and has ample spin. Can't ask for much more than that, plus it is a steal at that price.

I've compared them head-to-head and for my game, the TP3 wins in every category.

I think that dollar for dollar, the TP3 is a better ball.

I was told the ProV1s are going up in price again is another reason I am looking. I like my TM stuff and I am curious about the ball and the new one that is coming out. If all else fails guess I will play the hex chrome.

Back