Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly why I've turned down every opportunity to go west for work.

F grizzly bears.

You gotta wrassle 'em. Sidestep 'em when they charge. Get 'em in a headlock and twist and squeeze until they kneel and accept your dominance.

Kevin

Interesting info guys!
I stumbled upon a local hunting forum today and I see it's a common practice to just kill animals for their skull/antlers or even just their antlers. This is disgusting to me. When I first thought of getting my license to hunt, the only thought that crossed my mind was for meat. I don't get that mentality! Such a waste.

Interesting info guys!
I stumbled upon a local hunting forum today and I see it's a common practice to just kill animals for their skull/antlers or even just their antlers. This is disgusting to me. When I first thought of getting my license to hunt, the only thought that crossed my mind was for meat. I don't get that mentality! Such a waste.

I wouldn't spend much time on a forum that promotes hunting for trophy only. I'm pretty sure that is the minority of hunters but that small amount of people give hunters a bad name.

I wouldn't spend much time on a forum that promotes hunting for trophy only. I'm pretty sure that is the minority of hunters but that small amount of people give hunters a bad name.

That's why I prefer warasslin' animals. When it's over, you shake their paw or hoof, and go your separate ways.

Kevin

You gotta wrassle 'em. Sidestep 'em when they charge. Get 'em in a headlock and twist and squeeze until they kneel and accept your dominance.

Kevin

One of these days you must write a book. Perhaps once Jr. Lancer is off beating the skorts off those Korean girls on the lpga you'll have time.

Put a recipe or two in there as well, you know, just for good measure.

Interesting info guys!

Hate those types. So disrespectful. Sadly that happens here a lot. I've never seen a four point hanging the wall until moving down here lol.

used to bow hunt almost every day of season. when i would tag out here i would go to quota bow hunts on gov land. if i ran out of that and couldnt go anywhere else i would just take my chances lol. i even had custom arrows with the buck stops here on them lol. i should not have read this now im going to look and see what matthews new options are.

That's why I prefer warasslin' animals. When it's over, you shake their paw or hoof, and go your separate ways.

Kevin

I like this approach. Its like 'Catch and Release' for four legged animals.

One of these days you must write a book. Perhaps once Jr. Lancer is off beating the skorts off those Korean girls on the lpga you'll have time.

Put a recipe or two in there as well, you know, just for good measure

Hate those types. So disrespectful. Sadly that happens here a lot. I've never seen a four point hanging the wall until moving down here lol.
i hunt for meat the rack is a bonus tho. i never shoot young deer either. does or bucks dosnt matter they deserve a chance to grow up.

I am not gonna bow hunt around home this year but I will make my annual trip to WV to camp and rifle hunt them ridges!

Firearm deer season starts in MO on Monday morning. Heading out Friday to do a few things and check the cams one more time so I am ready for Sat morning. It is supposed to be 68 degrees on Saturday. That is just weird for mid November in Missouri and it was the same way last year.

My buddy was out hunting on Saturday but only came across some female mulies so didn't get anything.
My other friend's dad took out a moose on their farm so he is quite happy!

My brother-in-law and I were working on screening in my new homes back porch yesterday. During breaks we talked about the days of championship coon hunting. I did not realize how much a prize coon hound goes for. Fricking unreal amount of money. My bro use to judge the coon hounds during competition. It is a serious sport to those in the know.

My brother-in-law and I were working on screening in my new homes back porch yesterday. During breaks we talked about the days of championship coon hunting. I did not realize how much a prize coon hound goes for. Fricking unreal amount of money. My bro use to judge the coon hounds during competition. It is a serious sport to those in the know.

I haven't been out on a night hunt in years, Ole Gray, but I certainly know about the costs involved in good dogs. When I was younger I would go out with a close family friend of ours on hunts. He raised Black & Tans and Redbones. It was a lot of fun waiting for the dogs to tree and then tracking them down. He was big into the competitions as well and did really well in the sport for many years. A couple places he had to hunt, he had permission on approx 3,000 continuous acres so you could hunt all night and the dogs wouldn't make it over the entire area.

I haven't been out on a night hunt in years, Ole Gray, but I certainly know about the costs involved in good dogs. When I was younger I would go out with a close family friend of ours on hunts. He raised Black & Tans and Redbones. It was a lot of fun waiting for the dogs to tree and then tracking them down. He was big into the competitions as well and did really well in the sport for many years. A couple places he had to hunt, he had permission on approx 3,000 continuous acres so you could hunt all night and the dogs wouldn't make it over the entire area.

It was really interesting about how the dogs picked up the scent, went on the trail, and the cold nose dogs could cover a trail better than any. He had one particular dog that was better than any he ever hunted or judged. The dog was a genius at his sport and his howl could be heard way back in the woods!

It was really interesting about how the dogs picked up the scent, went on the trail, and the cold nose dogs could cover a trail better than any. He had one particular dog that was better than any he ever hunted or judged. The dog was a genius at his sport and his howl could be heard way back in the woods!

I can relate to that, Gray. Our friend had a dog, Pepper, that would be on a coon before any other dog 8 times out of 10. I mean it seemed like as soon as he came off the leash he knew exactly the quickest route to a coon. He had a really deep bark so there was no mistaking when it was Pepper. Looking back, that was probably some of the best exercise I ever got. Walking the woods in heavy clothes and likely carrying coons half the time is not an easy task! Coon hunting has really decreased in popularity around our area but there are still plenty of coons in the area.

Look. At. This.
Still getting the details but just got this pic sent to me. This was a bow kill approximately 30 miles south of the farm. I wouldn't call it pretty, but it is a monster.

bow2012sedalia.jpg

Damn lefty, that is insane!!

I am going pheasant hunting finally this weekend. Didn't get out at all last year so it will be a nice change of pace.

Look. At. This.
Still getting the details but just got this pic sent to me. This was a bow kill approximately 30 miles south of the farm. I wouldn't call it pretty, but it is a monster.

bow2012sedalia.jpg

That is huge, can't wait to hear how it scored. Amazing genetics in Missouri.

Damn lefty, that is insane!!

I am going pheasant hunting finally this weekend. Didn't get out at all last year so it will be a nice change of pace.

It's a monster for sure.

That is huge, can't wait to hear how it scored. Amazing genetics in Missouri.

Due, I am glad you checked this thread-this is right in your old stompin' ground. Still waiting on details but this was taken South of Sedalia, somewhere around Cole Camp.

makes me miss the good old days growing up in SC was very lucky to live on Lake Murray, and have friends with hunt clubs down in Santee cooper river basin. Think Santee is a hunters paradise, duck, dove, turkey, BIG whitetail, and Hogs, then summer fish for every form of fresh water fish you can think of it's there. Dad has caught a few 70 lbs+ channel catfish, and a few big blues

u5ubahu3.jpg

Just got this guy back yesterday. Shot him with the bow on the last weekend of the TX season. My biggest with the bow so far.

That's a great buck, Capt.dru! That's the first time this thread has surfaced in a while. Guess I need to get a picture of my deer on here sometime today.

Thanks! Forgot to add that he was taken in the 09-10 season. The TX season starts in Oct and ends in Jan. With MLD permits it is extended till the end of Feb.

PB170022.jpg

my 2012 buck shot off my farm in west central wisconsin, scored 163 3/8s has 9" brow tines.

Its nice to see some hunters in here! I love to archery hunt, hang up the clubs in October and turn my attention to deer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back