JPX 825 Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Hello,
i'm interested to buy a jpx 825 hybrid 25° regular and I have 2 questions:

- what is the difference betwen the shaft fujikura orochi blue and orochi red ?

- I saw in my local proshop ( france) a mizuno hybrid with a shaft orochi blue regular 70 grams , but according mizuno website the weight for a regular one is 65 grams....please i'm lost , some body can help me before i buy it :))).
Thank you to rour future answear.
Best regards

FedEx just dropped off my new Mizuno 825 Driver, 9.5 degree, Orochi Blue stiff shaft. Looks and feels awesome! Can't wait to get to the driving range after work today to try this bad boy out!!

Excellent. Enjoy the JPX stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

These are sweet looking, would be interested in getting some swings in with the fairsway and hybrids

Hit them all last Thursday at a local private Mizuno Demo Day. They had all the new stuff and were fitting for the new irons too. Here's my feedback: love the hybrids- great feel, good distance, forgiving, launch and all looked great. I was able to hit an 80g and a 65g shaft- liked the 80 better. I only hit four balls with the 5 fairway off the deck to get a difference between that and the hybrid, so other than that I cant speak to it- preferred the hybrid. As far as the new driver goes, I never felt that good feel one gets when a driver is hit on the screws. It had a harsh feel to it. I was hitting last Year's MP 650 driver against it and liked last year's model much better just because of the feel. I hit 4 or 5 in a row in the center of the 825 and no "forged", plush feeling to it. I didn't like it at all. I did try the H4 3 iron to look for a hybrid substitute. I actually liked it a lot! Very forgiving, great feel (not a pure forged buttery feel, but nice), and good distance. I would like to try it again on the course against the 825 hybrid. So, of all what I tried, I really like they hybrids and would look at the H4 again.

wow, I've never been a Mizuno guy, but those clubs look sweet!

Hit them all last Thursday at a local private Mizuno Demo Day. They had all the new stuff and were fitting for the new irons too. Here's my feedback: love the hybrids- great feel, good distance, forgiving, launch and all looked great. I was able to hit an 80g and a 65g shaft- liked the 80 better. I only hit four balls with the 5 fairway off the deck to get a difference between that and the hybrid, so other than that I cant speak to it- preferred the hybrid. As far as the new driver goes, I never felt that good feel one gets when a driver is hit on the screws. It had a harsh feel to it. I was hitting last Year's MP 650 driver against it and liked last year's model much better just because of the feel. I hit 4 or 5 in a row in the center of the 825 and no "forged", plush feeling to it. I didn't like it at all. I did try the H4 3 iron to look for a hybrid substitute. I actually liked it a lot! Very forgiving, great feel (not a pure forged buttery feel, but nice), and good distance. I would like to try it again on the course against the 825 hybrid. So, of all what I tried, I really like they hybrids and would look at the H4 again.
Oops! I forgot I did hit the 825 pro irons until I saw the pics again. Nice clubs. No more or less distance than my DPCs, but nowhere close on feel. I get that the pros are forged, but they don't have that buttery soft feel when flushed like the DPCs. Forgiving yet playable. Just not jaw-droppers.

Got my first range session in with the JPX 825 driver yesterday. I found it to be just as good, if not better, than the JPX 800 driver that it replaced.
Really like the Orochi Blue stiff shaft. Sound at impact was not an issue for me at all. Sounded good and felt good to me.
Was hitting them over the 250 yd. sign, so no complaints there either. Will need to get it on the course to get an accurate measure of distance with roll out.

I hit the JPX-825 irons yesterday and really liked them.

I hit the JPX-825 irons yesterday and really liked them.

I like them too Kelly. Like you, the i20's were a little better for me though. These are definitely in second place.

Chosing new irons...the JPX825 were for me a nice fit between the i20 and G20.

My skills are not yet there to use the i20 and with the JPX825 I have a little more classic look than the G20.

Chosing new irons...the JPX825 were for me a nice fit between the i20 and G20.

My skills are not yet there to use the i20 and with the JPX825 I have a little more classic look than the G20.

Interesting you say that because I found the i20 slightly more forgiving, especially horizontally across the face.

Yep I liked the i20 more. My fitter said I hit the Ping 7i as far as the Mizuno 6i but that was just a few swings.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Interesting you say that because I found the i20 slightly more forgiving, especially horizontally across the face.

Did you try the JPX825 or JPX825 pro?

Same here. The 825s were nice, but the i20s were just a little more forgiving for me. I actually hit the 825 6I for a while looking at shaft options until...

Yep I liked the i20 more. My fitter said I hit the Ping 7i as far as the Mizuno 6i but that was just a few swings.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

... this same thing happened at my fitting. I liked the 825s a lot, the i20s were a bit more consistent for me though.

Did you try the JPX825 or JPX825 pro?

I was referring to the pro. I haven't hit the 825 non-pro but I'd expect them to be more forgiving than the i20's. I did like the JPX 800 non-pros, but there weren't quite what I was looking for.

Edit: I see why you asked now, I guess assumed you were talking about to pro's but now I see you have the non-pro's. Sorry about the confusion!

I was referring to the pro. I haven't hit the 825 non-pro but I'd expect them to be more forgiving than the i20's. I did like the JPX 800 non-pros, but there weren't quite what I was looking for.

Edit: I see why you asked now, I guess assumed you were talking about to pro's but now I see you have the non-pro's. Sorry about the confusion!

Solved that one :) No problem.

I was already a bit surprised by your earleir answer.

Back