Where should JB and GG live?

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
JB and I are planning a move in the pretty near future. Originally we were going to stay in the same area we are in now, but maybe in a bigger place, and something with a yard for Ellie. But we started thinking, both our jobs are mobile so technically we could move anywhere (within reason of course). This should be of no surprise but our one major requirement is that we are either on a golf course or no more than a couple miles away.

Odds are we will stay here, because in actuality we love Westchase and FL.

Any thoughts on where we should go??? Sell us on your area.

Watch all the seasons change! Gentle weather that really doesnt change real fast, always steady! Golf courses are at a prime here and are never more than 15 miles away from one another. Be within courses 2 hours of the likes of Brown Deer(US bank Championship), Whistling Straits(2004,2010 pga championship-2020 Ryder Cup), The Bull at Pinehurst farms, Miller Park(brewers), Bradley Center(bucks), and minutes from Lambeau Field(packers), Green Bay CC, and Brown County(top 100 public course in US)! Come to beautiful Green Bay wisconsin.........and bring your coat :haha:

Anywhere you like. Just give me the townhome (?) for free.

Spoiler
I'll even take GG's sister off your hands every now and again. That's gotta be worth somethin', right?

I think you should move to the Napa/Bay Area/Carmel areas in California, since odds are semi decent that we may be moving there in a year or so (if this bed and breakfast thing comes through!).

Only problem with that would be that your voting would mean pretty much squat! (One of the main issues I have with going there, actually!)

I agree with Julie -- Austin, TX!!

Last edited:
Head over to the Space Coast! Where else can you combine golf, beaches, annual turtle nesting season, manatees, and the world's biggest fireworks display (rocket/shuttle launches) throughout the year in one location? Plus you're within an hour of Orlando, the biggest tourist trap there is!

I used to live in Las Vegas. I got transferred to the south in 1984 and after my 5 years in the Army was over, I decided I liked it so much that I would like to live here.

Changing Seasons
Nice "down south" atmosphere
Cheaper cost of living
Economically protected during this last downturn
7 Robert Trent Jones Trails courses within 1 hour
And oh...btw...Kiplingers saw it as the #1 city in 2009..

I am talking none other than Huntsville, AL..take a look

Huntsville, AL a.k.a. Rocket City

If I were going to pick up and relocate, it would probably be to western North Carolina. We've traveled 48 of the 50 states pretty extensively for business over the past 15 years- most places many, many times. Asheville is a beautiful area with four mild seasons, some beautiful golf courses and spectacular scenery. If you've never been there, plan a getaway weekend to explore.

One place to NOT move to is here in Pennsylvania. No more seasons, high taxes, gas prices suck, schools are iffy. Hope that helps narrow your choices down to 49 states now... :alien2:

200! ok that's cheating :angel:

Myrtle Beach, SC or just over the border into North Carolina. More great golf courses than you can shake a stick at, less heat in the summer, and not to far away to see snow.

You get the beach and piles and piles of golfers to advertise your forum to as it is the number 1 destination for golf trips in the US.(according to what I have read)

We like Myrtle Beach, but it may be too touristy for us.

You would be surprised(depending upon actual locations around Myrtle) how many full time residents there are here. Yeah on the actual beaches it is touristy.

Also check out Wilmington, NC which is just about 30 minutes north of me as it is a great city as well.

I have two good friends down in Myrtle and then myself up here.

We went to Folly Beach in Charleston just a couple of months ago and it is very nice.

I will also pipe in for the Austin area. Having lived in the Clearwater area and now in Austin I would never move back there. I go back most years at Christmas because my parents are snowbirds and go to Dunedin. The only thing I miss there are the beaches. And Texas, like Florida has no state income tax.

yeah, Dunedin would not be my first choice either. I grew up in Clearwater, but it is an "older city" where as Tampa is a much younger crowd.

Yeah, golf 12 months a year is pretty important to me and we like to be within 5-10 miles of multiple courses.

Only problem with that would be that your voting would mean pretty much squat! (One of the main issues I have with going there, actually!)

Its not as bad as you think Smalls.

Back