Regripping-How Often?

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Just noticed that my VDRs are fairly slick after only one season and it got me to thinking. How often to do most of you regrip? I am going to clean on mine to try and bring them back to life but was just curious.

I regrip when my grips don't dull up when I clean them.

My ex BIL 9Dan The Man) just buys a new set of clubs when it's time to regrip.

I do it every year around the start of March unless I try something new and don't like it.

I regrip about every 2 years. I use corded grips so they seem to last longer than non-corded.

I was surprised how fast the VDR's got slick.

I was surprised how fast the VDR's got slick.

Me too. Mine where new in april and probably got 20 rounds on them. I am thinking of somethingelse. Hawk did yours get slick quick?

Yea, they just have a different texture and I thought they'd stay tacky for longer. Cleaning them helped, but it's still not as good as some other grips I have.

Yea, they just have a different texture and I thought they'd stay tacky for longer. Cleaning them helped, but it's still not as good as some other grips I have.
Ok favorite grip then cause I am thinking of going back to the Tour Velvet

usually once a year unless i wanna try out some different kinds of grips.

Ok favorite grip then cause I am thinking of going back to the Tour Velvet

TV's are good. I'm using lamkin performance plus at the moment. Theyve been very good on my wedges for most of the year so I put them on my irons.@

Posted via tapatalk.

Yea I am really leaning back to the TVs. I am going to check out the Lamkins though.

I'm going to start getting new grips every year. I hit balls year round and I'm seeing some wear on my Lamkins after 6 months.

I have even thought of trying the New Decades.

100 rounds if i can make them last that log, unless I see some wear as tear. Stock grips usually dont last much more than 40 rounds, but i play Lamkins and they last forever.

That's about 9 months for me.

I've changed clubs too frequently, and haven't had to regrip, but I suppose my MP-57's would need some new grips, played almost 100 rounds last season with them.

100 rounds if i can make them last that log, unless I see some wear as tear. Stock grips usually dont last much more than 40 rounds, but i play Lamkins and they last forever.

That's about 9 months for me.

Which Lamkins?

I know you aren't asking me, but I throw in my thoughts on the Lamkins.

I haven't had the R.E.L.'s on anything long enough to gauge durability. However, I've had the Performance Plus on my wedges for 9 months now and they are still very grippy. They are white and getting a little dingy, but they clean up well and the grip comes back to life very easily.

every season for irons and wedges, every season and a half or so for everything else. Putter gets changed whenever I feel like a change in feel is needed

Just noticed that my VDRs are fairly slick after only one season and it got me to thinking. How often to do most of you regrip? I am going to clean on mine to try and bring them back to life but was just curious.

I have had my irons for about 4 years now with this past season and probably played 60 rounds. I am in dire need to re-gripping my irons especially. I want to do it on the cheap thinking about checking some out then buying online and having a local golf shop install them, keep the business local.

I did have a question all the irons will be gripped the same but what about the other clubs, specifically wedges, hybrids, FWs and driver do you grip those differently?

I have had my irons for about 4 years now with this past season and probably played 60 rounds. I am in dire need to re-gripping my irons especially. I want to do it on the cheap thinking about checking some out then buying online and having a local golf shop install them, keep the business local.

I did have a question all the irons will be gripped the same but what about the other clubs, specifically wedges, hybrids, FWs and driver do you grip those differently?

All my woods have different grips, but I have the same on my irons and wedges at the moment. I've never really cared that much to be honest. As long as they work, not matching hasn't been an issue for me.

I re-grip when they get slick. Sometimes, it'll be 2+ yrs if I don't play much. I'm planning on playing more so I think maybe every year now.

All my woods have different grips, but I have the same on my irons and wedges at the moment. I've never really cared that much to be honest. As long as they work, not matching hasn't been an issue for me.

Thanks thats kinda my feeling as well. I didnt know if there are certain grips that are better suited for a wedge as opposed to a Hybrid or other club. For me it will be cost how can I get the most bang for my buck and not spending a fortune, I need to save my money to actually play golf haha

I appreciate the advice.

No problem. You could always do the install yourself too. It's a lot easier than it seems and I'm sure there are plenty of people here that could give you advice.

As for wedge grips - Lamkin makes one called the Performance Plus Wedge grip. It's about an inch longer and has little guide marks that are designed to give a point of reference for choking down.

No problem. You could always do the install yourself too. It's a lot easier than it seems and I'm sure there are plenty of people here that could give you advice.

As for wedge grips - Lamkin makes one called the Performance Plus Wedge grip. It's about an inch longer and has little guide marks that are designed to give a point of reference for choking down.

Hmm good call. I will have to look into that it would be a cool thing to know how to do. Perfect for the winter when we cant play as much.

I use an air gun on an air compressor, but if you don't have that you really just need solvent and some grip tape. A vise makes things a lot easier.

Back