Shaft Decision Close but Need HELP

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
I dont know tons about shafts but I know a little. I have narrowed down to the NV or the V2. Take a look at these specs and tell me what yall think would be best for 100 mph swing speed. I know a fitting would be best but we dont have anywhere close I could put these shafts in my head and try them.

Aldila NV Proforce V2
ClubGramsTorqueClubGramsTorque
D673.5D663.0
3w782.83w762.2
3H842.83H863.2

Forgot to mention I demoed a Ripd NV and liked it just not 200 bucks worth.

What's your launch angle now? Spin Rates? Ball Speed? Smash Factor? What is your current shaft? What are you trying to fix? There is a lot more to consider than just swing speed.

What kind of launch are you looking for?

V2 is supposed to be a mid launch and NV a low-mid. According the Cleveland catalog at least. My knowledge here is pretty limited.

What's your launch angle now? Spin Rates? Ball Speed? Smash Factor? What is your current shaft? What are you trying to fix? There is a lot more to consider than just swing speed.
My launch was right at 20
Spin rates were ok but not great.

I have the stock R11 blur.

What I am trying to fix is a little lower launch and a little more control in all 3.

What kind of launch are you looking for?

V2 is supposed to be a mid launch and NV a low-mid. According the Cleveland catalog at least. My knowledge here is pretty limited.

I hit most things high so low launch I think would help. I want a little more control with a heavier shaft.

I hit most things high so low launch I think would help. I want a little more control with a heavier shaft.

I hate to say it, but you're pretty much looking at a crapshoot here, Franklin.

I hate to say it, but you're pretty much looking at a crapshoot here, Franklin.

Thats pretty much how I feel. Since we dont have many places to try different shafts its almost like buy and try. The local club builder who would be shafting these told me to go with the V2 if I wanted something to be more consitant. May go that route.

For ME, the NV had more "feel" to it, the V2 is one of the "boardiest" shafts I've ever used to this day. Just me though, YMMV.

Have you lowered the loft of your R11?

If that's the only advice you've got so far, I'd go with that.

For ME, the NV had more "feel" to it, the V2 is one of the "boardiest" shafts I've ever used to this day. Just me though, YMMV.

See that is what has me thinking. I dont want to feel like I am swinging a 2x4

Have you lowered the loft of your R11?

yea its normally a 10.5 cause when I got fitted at GG they said oh thats it. I tell you these people around here except for a few are college kids who really dont know much and everything you pick up they want to sell you.

yea its normally a 10.5 cause when I got fitted at GG they said oh thats it. I tell you these people around here except for a few are college kids who really dont know much and everything you pick up they want to sell you.

If your swing speed is 100, and they let you leave the store with a 20* launch angle, they should have to hold your tee in their mouths on every tee box.

See that is what has me thinking. I dont want to feel like I am swinging a 2x4

Funny you say 2x4, that i s exactly how I've always described the V2 myself.

Interesting. Because I really like the V2. It feels powerful to me.

I loved the V2 in hybrids, but haven't tried it in a driver.

If your swing speed is 100, and they let you leave the store with a 20* launch angle, they should have to hold your tee in their mouths on every tee box.
Tried to get a friend of mine to try it after seeing Daly do it. He chickened out.

Franklin, why those two shafts? There are so many out there, what about these two makes you want them?

What shaft do you have now. try to get the specs. for it then you may have a better idea of which one you want.

Franklin, why those two shafts? There are so many out there, what about these two makes you want them?

Just the two I keep being told are the best bang for the buck. I dont really want to shell out over 200 for a shaft. Plus not being about to demo lots of shafts in my head I want something that if I wind up not liking it I wont cry over the money spent.

What shaft do you have now. try to get the specs. for it then you may have a better idea of which one you want.

here are the stock blur specs:
Weight: 59
Torgue: 3.5
Launch: Mid/High

I own a V2 and absolutely love it! I with go with it cheaper and lower torque.

just my 0.02

I've never swung either shaft in a driver. I can tell you I like the v2 over the NVS in the hybrids. I'm a novice when it comes to shafts. It's all feel for me. I had a friend that had a fubuki in a hybrid I liked best. It was 95-100 grams though. I got a real low trajectory and felt like I had a lot of control.

Back