UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

Decent fights last night.
Hendricks left hand is a freaking knock out hammer. Holy smokes. Seems like a super cool dude.
GSP definitely was rusty but he got the job done.
I want to see a GSP/Silva fight BAD.

I have read a few articles lately that sound like its happening for sure now next spring

It would be like watching a version of Super Sonnen vs.Silva. GSP is better on the ground and feet than Sonnen so I feel like it would be similar to Sonnen's first fight without the triangle choke.

Decent fights last night.
Hendricks left hand is a freaking knock out hammer. Holy smokes. Seems like a super cool dude.
GSP definitely was rusty but he got the job done.
I want to see a GSP/Silva fight BAD.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

I think when GSP steps into the ring with Anderson, you're all going to be amazed at just how impressive Georges St. Pierre ISN'T.

I think when GSP steps into the ring with Anderson, you're all going to be amazed at just how impressive Georges St. Pierre ISN'T.

Silva fights around 220. GSP is what, 190'ish? He would need to bulk up.

I think it'd be better than you think.

Silva fights around 220. GSP is what, 190'ish? He would need to bulk up.

I think it'd be better than you think.

Silva fights at middleweight (185) and does go up to light heavyweight (205), but doesn't ever really weight in at 220. GSP also cuts a bunch of weight for welterweight at 175.

Silva fights at middleweight (185) and does go up to light heavyweight (205), but doesn't ever really weight in at 220. GSP also cuts a bunch of weight for welterweight at 175.

Maybe his 220 weight is during off season or when he's just in fat mode. I might have just misread 202 for 220 or something.

I think Silva would handle GSP rather easily as well, no one else has handled opponents as easily as Silva. GSP has looked impressive in some fights, but not nearly as impressive as Silva.

I don't think alot of you understand just how good Jon Jones and Anderson Silva really are.

They are very similar in there styles and body types (lanky strikers)

Anderson walks around at 220. Pre cuts to 200-210 area. Cuts 185. Fight time weight of around 200lbs.

Just consider, that kick that landed last night, if it was thrown by Anderson would have been GAME OVER. Any of those strikes that Condit landed clean Anderson hits harder and more precise, they would have finished GSP. Poor GSP I really feel for him, and I hate this out of class fighting. Yes its exciting but it ruins fighters reputations.

I don't think alot of you understand just how good Jon Jones and Anderson Silva really are.

They are very similar in there styles and body types (lanky strikers)

Anderson walks around at 220. Pre cuts to 200-210 area. Cuts 185. Fight time weight of around 200lbs.

Just consider, that kick that landed last night, if it was thrown by Anderson would have been GAME OVER. Any of those strikes that Condit landed clean Anderson hits harder and more precise, they would have finished GSP. Poor GSP I really feel for him, and I hate this out of class fighting. Yes its exciting but it ruins fighters reputations.

Don't forget though that GSP had over 18 months between fights. There was some rust there. I don't think he had his hands up at all when that kick came coming, they were around waist height

How do you figure? His wrestling is elite...that is Silva's Achilles heel. He also knows what he is doing on the ground so he won't stick his head into a triangle. I don't think it would be an exciting fight but Pierre has the best chance (other than Jones) to beat Silva.

How do you figure? His wrestling is elite...that is Silva's Achilles heel. He also knows what he is doing on the ground so he won't stick his head into a triangle. I don't think it would be an exciting fight but Pierre has the best chance (other than Jones) to beat Silva.

You'll also notice that Anderson simply doesn't get taken down often. With the exception of Sonnen (who tested + for performance enhancers afterward, anyhow) Silva dictates exactly where every fight goes.

You'll also notice that Anderson simply doesn't get taken down often. With the exception of Sonnen (who tested + for performance enhancers afterward, anyhow) Silva dictates exactly where every fight goes.

Silva looks bored in most his fights. At least a GSP fight would maybe keep him interested.

Wouldn't happen in my opinion. GSP may be the best MMA wrestler on the planet...he could take down Silva and I am fairly confident he could hold him there. This fight would HAVE to go more than 1.
Until he KO's him in round 1.

Don't forget though that GSP had over 18 months between fights. There was some rust there. I don't think he had his hands up at all when that kick came coming, they were around waist height

There were other strikes and openings that he got hit with.

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Lettuce be real here guys, the only chance GSP has against Silva is if he finds a way to lay on him for 5 rounds. I actually like GSP and dislike Silva, but most of GSP's fights put me to sleep.

Wouldn't happen in my opinion. GSP may be the best MMA wrestler on the planet...he could take down Silva and I am fairly confident he could hold him there. This fight would HAVE to go more than 1.

There's absolutely no way GSP beats Anderson Silva. I loathe the fact that he's even mentioned in the same conversation, actually. GSP does nothing that impresses me.

There's absolutely no way GSP beats Anderson Silva. I loathe the fact that he's even mentioned in the same conversation, actually. GSP does nothing that impresses me.
You must be tough to impress. How many times has he defended his title and got it back last night after how many months off? Agree to disagree I suppose but that is impressive to me.
With that said, if GSP and Silva fought 10 times, I would wager that Silva wins 8 of them....

You must be tough to impress. How many times has he defended his title and got it back last night after how many months off? Agree to disagree I suppose but that is impressive to me.
With that said, if GSP and Silva fought 10 times, I would wager that Silva wins 8 of them....
GSP doesn't even fight anymore. As I'dHitThat said above this, he literally lays on opponents for 5 rounds. Which of his last few defenses has been a stoppage? Not too many. I'd put money on Silva taking 10/10. St Pierre couldn't even begin to strike with him.

Some great fights last night. Condit didn't have a chance, except for the big left kick, which I think no one expected. Johny knocking Campmann out in like 46 seconds was CRAZY. Awesome fights.

GSP and Silva fight details should be interesting ..GSP always says that he doesn't want to bulk too much because it's simply not healthy, and Anderson is a big 185 who fights easily at 205. So you really can't expect Silva to come in below 180-185, and getting GSP to come in around that should be a chore for Dana.

Either way they need a limit on how much Anderson can come in at for the fight, once he rehyrdates he'll be huge compared to GSP if they do not limit his weight.

Back