Restaurant Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Eat at a new place? Try something new off a menu? Tell other THPers about it here.

Restaraunt review Brogues Irish Pub

Restaraunt review Brogues Irish Pub

My wife and I wanted to try a new to us Restaurant in Lake Worth we've seen when passing through the quaint little downtown area. It's called Brogues Irish pub. We've both been craving some good ole Fish and Chips and the ride over to the other side of the State just wasn't really a desire today, especially just for food. So we ventured out for a late lunch and desert.

We started with an order of wings, they were cooked perfectly with just a little bit of crunch when you bite into them, the Hot wasn't quite as hot as we like them, but they were Tangy with just a touch of spice and the aroma rising up to the nostrils when eating them was Glorious! They were good sized and juicy juicy juicy! Highly reccomed them if you're in the area.

Saturdayeats002.jpg

Then we got to the main course, the Fish and Chips. It was an Atlantic cod dipped in a Harps Lager batter and it was to die for! The fish itself was perfect, juicy, flakey, and very tasty.Sometime the fish can be a bit gamey if it's not fresh and I can assure you that this was fresh, Tasted like it just came out of the ocean. The batter was fried to a golden crispy delight.not overcooked and not under cooked, it was darn near perfect as welike it. Sometimes if it's overcooked it can be a pain to eat, it won't cut with a fork and can be messy. This batch was done well and as soon as you put your fork into it it seperated in to a tasty mouthful of bliss lol. The fries were steak style fries with alittle seasoning on them and were a perfect compliment to the meal we had. Our only want was for fresh cut fries, but we did not leave disappointed.

Saturdayeats004.jpg

If you're in the area of Lake Worth Florida, stop in at Brogues and tell them Trout sent ya, they'll treat you well. We have a new spot for wings and good food. The ambiance was cool, we sat outside with some sidewalk entertainment and the weather was perfect.

Saturdayeats006.jpg

Inside
Saturdayeats009.jpg

Next we went for a piece of cake and coffee at the Cheesecake Factory in City place West Palm Beach, my wife had the 30th anniversary cheesecake and I had the Lindas fudgecake. A review on how good this was is piontless, perfect is the only word that comes to mind.

Saturdayeats014.jpg

Saturdayeats012.jpg

So long from south Florida til next time.

Saturdayeats010.jpg

We just returned from a week in Vegas. We try to hit a new restaurant each trip. This time, thanks to my wife loving the Hell's Kitchen tv show, it was Gordon Ramsay's Steak at the Paris hotel. We had the kurobuta pork belly and chorizo stuff Maine lobster tail appetizers then shared a bone in ribeye and caramelized brussel sprouts. The sommelier pointed us to a nice bottle of red (sorry, don't remember which one).

Reviewing restaurants like this can be tough. If you live in a city without substantial choices this would no doubt be a special meal. We're kind of in the other boat and also have gone to many nicer / name restaurants in Vegas so the bar is set high. The food was properly prepared, service was good, the sommelier was great... but against that higher bar I'd say Steak was solidly good but fell short of being special, at least to me.

I just ate at a regional restaurant called OCharley's tonight, it was very good food, excellent drinks and we had really good service. Very nice.

Cocina 214
Winter Park, Florida

ygudezav.jpg

Orlando Magazine ranked this quiet little Mexican spot #3 places to dine. The interior is simple yet elegant and the atmosphere is very welcoming and homey.

a5a5yry3.jpg

They are known for their fresh everyday ingredients, great service and deep flavors. Each table is given homemade chips and salsa. There are other options that are a bit spicer, like the Pineapple Habinero (pictured below chips) a nice blend of sweet and SPICY.

ahejupad.jpg

a4ary6er.jpg

The menu is simple with a flare to boot. Nothing over the top, just fresh flavorful Mexican food. Their drink menu rivals their food in many ways. Known for their Margaritas, you can also get a flavored Mojito, numerous wines and other spirits.

I ordered a half warm pear salad and two of the six tacos offered on the menu. Chicken street tacos and Carnitas tacos.
ysa8ehu9.jpg

zasy2a7y.jpg

y5y9a5an.jpg

The service is exceptional. The chips never run out, your water glass is always full and the wait staff is polite, helpful and genuine. If you are ever in the Winter Park area stop in and have a bite.

• Admin
That looks good FK. Reminds me of a place here.

I just ate at a regional restaurant called OCharley's tonight, it was very good food, excellent drinks and we had really good service. Very nice.

I love O Charley's rolls, always been one of my favorite restaurants in the chain quick food type place.

Just had an awesome meal at the Columbia in ybor city. Wish I would have snapped some photos because it was delicious. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Tampa that would like a quality authentic meal.

Just had an awesome meal at the Columbia in ybor city. Wish I would have snapped some photos because it was delicious. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Tampa that would like a quality authentic meal.

I used to eat there pretty frequently. The bread there is phenomenal.

Best salad ever created at the Columbia. The 1905 salad.

Great review Freddie, you have my mouth watering over the Carnita tacos. It's at the top of our list when we go back up in a couple weeks, thanks.

Rocco's Tacos

Rocco's Tacos

I meant to write this on friday but forgot.

Rocco's Tacos in Boca Raton Florida. My wife and I set out to find the best mexican food we can find when we travel or move. A local establishment in Boca called Rocco's Tacos was the victim today.

Iphone119.jpg

The service and Ambiance are incredible, the vibe is rustic with a twist of modern. I didn't catch pics because it was packed and didn't want to seem like a spying eye.

The meal itself was really good, the salsa is made fresh every day and has a nice homegrown tomato taste, and the red onion adds just the right amount of flair.

I had a Gingerale and it tasted like a Gingerale, my wife loves the Margaritas.

I had the Spicy beef tacos, they come on a soft shell with a generous helping of spicy beef, add some lettuce, Pico, and a little mexican cheese and you have a pretty tasty dish. It came with red rice and your choice of refried or black beans, and I chose the refried. The meal is presented in a nice package and is quickly becoming one of our favorite eats in South Florida. Is it authentic? probably not, but it's darn good and you'd be hard pressed to find a cooler atmosphere to eat a nice Mexican style lunch.

Iphone117.jpg

Iphone118.jpg

Rocco's has a few locations throughout Florida and is growing. Make sure if you're in Florida you see if there's a location near you and if there is, give it a try, it's worth it.

Wow! Trout thats a good amount of food. Looks like an awesome Mex place. Thx. for the review.

Mojos in Greenville. Home of the best burger in the area (so they say). I tend to agree based on our experience there. Some serious choices too, plus you can create your own if you choose.

ygu8e5ug.jpg

6eqytasa.jpg

This is the Cheesy Haystack and it was delicious. Fries (both cajun and regular) are wonderful as well.

5emezutu.jpg

Man that looks good!

My mouth is watering, that looks darn good. I want to try that pulled pork, slaw burgers 'the Dixie'

We had dinner last night with four friends to celebrate my wife's birthday at Pok Pok. It was great. I think we had 8 or 9 dishes and everything was fabulous. Our favorites were the wings (of course) and a curry chicken noodle soup. Others seemed to like the fried fish dish....it was mostly gone by the time it reached me.

The chef/owner is a Andy Ricker, who has become a bit of a star among foodies. He has opened a 2nd instance of the restaurant in NYC. If you are in Portland or NYC and want some top notch authentic Asian food (mostly Vietnamese, I think), Pok Pok is a must do.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pok-Pok/196974325095?ref=ts&fref=ts
http://www.pokpokpdx.com/

I ate at Kobe yesterday. Mmmmmmm so awesome.

THPing on Tapatalk

Arnaud's in the French Quarter. Fantastic. Started with souffle potatoes, then speckled trout menuier(sp), and then table side banana foster. Wow what an experience.

Back