JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those not watching this, you really should turn it on. Tied 10-10 in the 5th set and even non-tennis fans will enjoy seeing one of the best ever matches.

I am sitting here in my golf clothes getting ready to head out to the driving range as soon as it is over. Can't leave before, absolutely fantastic match. Go Roddick!

• Admin
Im conflicted on this one Soxy. I find myself rooting for Roddick but I just love Federer and everything he stands for in sports.

Federer is fantastic, but I just love the underdog. I have always been a Roddick fan, good to see him back in top form! Either way at this point, one of the greatest matches.

OMG is this a good match...

Morgan Pressel is a huge tennis fan, here is her latest tweet:
morganpressel Trying to get a delay on tee times so we can watch! Hahaha they're laughing at us
about 1 hour ago from UberTwitter

• Admin
Roger wins it and sets the record.

tough ending to a great match. Roddick loses his serve once, just happened to be at 15-14 in the 5th set. What great tennis.
:clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp:

tiger pulled his cell out on the driving range and the anouncers said "he is texting a congrats to Roger"

that is pretty cool, but even cooler....

the soon to be worlds first billionaire athlete has a Moto Razr phone! :laugh:

I really feel for Roddick, he played at a level I don't think I have ever seen him play at against the greatest player in the game. For a while there it seemed the match would go on for a long time. The only real mistake I saw Roddick make(other than getting his serve broken in the last set) was loosing the second set tie breaker when he was up 6-2. Great match and it was nice to see Sampras there to show his respect, class act!!!

Damn damn damn. Roddick deserved it more, really only lost the final set and it took 15-13 for it to happen.

We watched the whole thing. It's a shame Roddick's serve was only broken ONE TIME. Did anyone notice that Federer doesn't appear to sweat? Roddick was soaked!

We watched the whole thing. It's a shame Roddick's serve was only broken ONE TIME. Did anyone notice that Federer doesn't appear to sweat? Roddick was soaked!

Nike dri-fit tennis shirt vs. Lacoste tennis shirt....do the math! lol Not even sure if Lacoste makes dri-fit stuff or not :confused2:

I go to the US men's semis every year and Federer looks like a machine. In matches when he dominates, you almost wonder if he's as bored playing as I am watching. I think the headband helps with the sweating too.

I really wanted Roddick to win.

Nike dri-fit tennis shirt vs. Lacoste tennis shirt....do the math! lol Not even sure if Lacoste makes dri-fit stuff or not :confused2:

What about their faces? Roddick was dripping. Federer's face wsn't even shiny.

What about their faces? Roddick was dripping. Federer's face wsn't even shiny.

He's not human. I'm convinced he's a Stepford tennis player.

It was a shame that a number of unforced errors by Roddick in the last game had to decide it. Great match. Federer GOAT ?

Back