The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaches are beautiful.

beach01_big.jpg

Alright. Got it.

They certainly are.

Sooo....

You are a photog, what do you find is the best way to photograph water to eliminate a lot of reflection like in the above photo?

GasMan! Where have you been!?

Hi! Im not sure where I have been. I cut out surfing the internet at work and I am actually getting things done now, who knew? I got that golf bug back, so I will be around a bit more.

You are a photog, what do you find is the best way to photograph water to eliminate a lot of reflection like in the above photo?
It helps to be on the #1 beach in the Country...Siesta Key.

photo shop.

thank you!

Best way is to either shoot when the sun is slightly behind a cloud, or to shoot with the sun behind you and not in frame.

Okay, yeah, Siesta Key is kinda pretty, if you like that paradise kind of thing.

sarasota-siesta-key.jpg

Hi! Im not sure where I have been. I cut out surfing the internet at work and I am actually getting things done now, who knew? I got that golf bug back, so I will be around a bit more.
Things tend to get done when the surf's down!

It's good to see you again!

Okay, yeah, Siesta Key is kinda pretty, if you like that paradise kind of thing.

sarasota-siesta-key.jpg

That tree is too crooked for my taste. :bashful:

Im not handy enough.

Wouldnt sun behind shadow the lens? Could a filter work by chance?
it was a joke, it was my way of saying thank you for changing the topic instead of people piling on.

sun behind will not shadow the lens. your last photo is a perfect example of that. the sun is above or behind. But I am sure it has also been photo shopped.

I prefer to call it Home.

SiestaKeyAerialView.jpg

Wouldnt sun behind shadow the lens? Could a filter work by chance?

A filter on the lens could work. But it's all in the angles. Like in the photo you posted:

sarasota-siesta-key.jpg

the light source is above and slightly behind the photographer. Looks like he could have been under cover of some palm trees, which would also help with shadowing the lens. It's all about finding the right angle and framing.

That tree is too crooked for my taste. :bashful:

I would hate having that tree in my yard too. It would make you duck underneath the damn thing for like 9 stripes with the lawn mower. I hate doing that. You know its only a matter of time before you lift up too fast and hit your back.

Speaking of Photography. I need a good camera. Need to start my camera ponder.

Thanks dude. I will try it out. I always found that the trees ended up looking black rather than green and reflections were high on the water. I will do some testing next time I am near a body of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back