The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate having that tree in my yard too. It would make you duck underneath the damn thing for like 9 stripes with the lawn mower. I hate doing that. You know its only a matter of time before you lift up too fast and hit your back.

That tree wouldn't last 3 mowing sessions if it was in my yard. Game over.

So I've never posted in this thread before but I am pretty irritated... As some on here know, I am working two jobs and going to school part time. My dream is to be a flight nurse one day. Right now I am a paramedic working in an ER with a level one trauma center. I love it. I THOUGHT I was done with my prereqs for nursing school after this semester and would be able to start the paramedic to RN bridge this summer. Well after meeting with my advisor today I was told I am missing a math class! I was confused because I definitely have math done. Well she told me they raised the math standards and I need another math and the one I have is not acceptable. So I was like "ok, when can I take the one I need". They offer an accelerated math class that I need but the problem is that it will not be done until March 3 and my application is due by February 1! And after 2 extra hours at the school no one would make an exception. So, that means more school and not being able to start the program this year and waiting another year for this stupid program to come around. So frustrated. The main reason is because my dreams of being able to provide better for my family are being postponed but also no signing up for testing or other amazing things on this forum because of more school. Plus another 6-8 months of not playing and practicing as much because of school! Sorry... just had to rant.

Man that sucks rvick. We need to get you to a golf course stat.

So I've never posted in this thread before but I am pretty irritated... As some on here know, I am working two jobs and going to school part time. My dream is to be a flight nurse one day. Right now I am a paramedic working in an ER with a level one trauma center. I love it. I THOUGHT I was done with my prereqs for nursing school after this semester and would be able to start the paramedic to RN bridge this summer. Well after meeting with my advisor today I was told I am missing a math class! I was confused because I definitely have math done. Well she told me they raised the math standards and I need another math and the one I have is not acceptable. So I was like "ok, when can I take the one I need". They offer an accelerated math class that I need but the problem is that it will not be done until March 3 and my application is due by February 1! And after 2 extra hours at the school no one would make an exception. So, that means more school and not being able to start the program this year and waiting another year for this stupid program to come around. So frustrated. The main reason is because my dreams of being able to provide better for my family are being postponed but also no signing up for testing or other amazing things on this forum because of more school. Plus another 6-8 months of not playing and practicing as much because of school! Sorry... just had to rant.
well, I understand that rant. but, it sounds like you have a great job and ione day you will be on the golf course as much as you want.

Speaking of Photography. I need a good camera. Need to start my camera ponder.
Digital SLR or a point and shoot. I bought my wife the D7000, she absolutely loves it.

RVick that stinks man! Schools will pull a fast one on you if you are not careful. Is there some sort of CLEP test or an equivalent you could study for and take before the application deadline?

Man, I hate hearing this.

If there is anything I can help you out with, hit me with a PM. I am, as well as my family, well connected throughout North Florida in the Health Care system, specifically with Nursing programs and facilities.

Bought my first lottery ticket ever tonight. Had to ask the lady how to play the powerball. Hahahaha her face was priceless. :laughing:

Bought my first lottery ticket ever tonight. Had to ask the lady how to play the powerball. Hahahaha her face was priceless. :laughing:
thats hilarious!

That tree wouldn't last 3 mowing sessions if it was in my yard. Game over.

Repped for sure JJM. Those trees in the way of the mower suck. I am with you on that one.

Man that sucks rvick. We need to get you to a golf course stat.

Yeah, it does suck. But you bet I am going to play some golf on my Christmas break! I just hate being so busy and not having lots of time for the things I love.

RVick that stinks man! Schools will pull a fast one on you if you are not careful. Is there some sort of CLEP test or an equivalent you could study for and take before the application deadline?

This is true. It pisses me off to no end when schools take your hard earned money for a class and then dig deeper into your pockets by "upping the criteria" to meet a program's standards. The school could grandfather you in. It's their program and their choice. But instead they dash your dreams to make another sleezy buck off of you instead. Lord have mercy I hate "higher education". Bunch of friggin' TURDS!!!

Sorry I went a little overboard there. I just have a couple of instances where I can relate here so the original rant by rvick just flipped my switch.

Speaking of Photography. I need a good camera. Need to start my camera ponder.

The Nikon D3100 that Trout was talking about is a great camera. That's on my ponder list big time

More Gooder, yes that's what I was thinking of and yes that's gross

Have you guys looking at cameras tried some of the mirrorless options?

Have you guys looking at cameras tried some of the mirrorless options?

Expand on that? I haven't heard of the mirror less option

This is true. It pisses me off to no end when schools take your hard earned money for a class and then dig deeper into your pockets by "upping the criteria" to meet a program's standards. The school could grandfather you in. It's their program and their choice. But instead they dash your dreams to make another sleezy buck off of you instead. Lord have mercy I hate "higher education". Bunch of friggin' TURDS!!!

Sorry I went a little overboard there. I just have a couple of instances where I can relate here so the original rant by rvick just flipped my switch.

Yeah luckily our curriculum was set up so you had to follow the catalog as it was set up for you your degree but you had the option to use a newer catalog if it changed and suited you better.

Expand on that? I haven't heard of the mirror less option

There is a thread on that somewhere here I started. Most of the major companies have come out with them. Most known would be the Nikon 1 that we switched to.

The Nikon D3100 that Trout was talking about is a great camera. That's on my ponder list big time

My wife has a Cannon EOS Rebel T3. It is awesome. She is getting a second lens for it for Christmas. I will be using it for my MC pictures. It is a pretty solid camera if you are willing to dish out a little green.

There is a thread on that somewhere here I started. Most of the major companies have come out with them. Most known would be the Nikon 1 that we switched to.

Lets dig that thread up, I am thinking DSLR for Christmas. We need something better to capture our daughter growing up.

The EOS Rebel 3 was another that looked really nice. Nikon and Canon make some nice cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back