Cleveland Classic XL - Sneek Peek

My hope is that the adjustable version continues what the Z-Star driver started. The weight adjustments with that thing were easy to understand, easy to perform, and they worked.

Although the black is cool looking, the classic with that cinnamon and gold color is just too awesome!

Although the black is cool looking, the classic with that cinnamon and gold color is just too awesome!
I couldnt agree more. although...some of the talk in this thread has me thinking about my custom driver.

I couldnt agree more. although...some of the talk in this thread has me thinking about my custom driver.

No doubt....custom having 4 shaft offerings and probably being adjustable definitely has me intrigued.

Yes for the XL.

No problem buddy. I want one of each.

Serious Skim Alert, but I'm going to assume the XL means Extra Large Face right?

Yes, I think they include both hosel and weight adjustability. I wonder if the fairway woods will have adjustability too.

I wonder what the upcharge will be for the XL Custom... so the XL will have the B. Asha not the JDL? Interesting... I'm assuming the custom will have B. Asha, JDL, and two other OEM shafts?

I wonder what the upcharge will be for the XL Custom... so the XL will have the B. Asha not the JDL? Interesting... I'm assuming the custom will have B. Asha, JDL, and two other OEM shafts?

I think the XL will have the B Asha and the XL Custom will have the JDL plus 3 other OEM shafts available.

I need to read the B. Asha vs JDL shafts. I was under the ignorant impression the B. Asha was > than the JDL but I'm sure they are just different shafts.

I think the XL will have the B Asha and the XL Custom will have the JDL plus 3 other OEM shafts available.

Close - It's two JDL and two others.

I need to read the B. Asha vs JDL shafts. I was under the ignorant impression the B. Asha was > than the JDL but I'm sure they are just different shafts.

I think it will come down to fitting, which is the easy answer. JDL is designed for adjustable heads, so that might be a little clue as to why and and where it's going.

Was having an adult beverage with a buddy who is the assistant pro at our local track last night. He's also a HUGE Titleist homer. Cleveland is the 'other' OEM they sell at the pro shop though. He was truly excited about the '13 Classic. Doubt that he'll bag one or anything, but I've never heard him gush about anything that doesn't have a cursive T on it. :D Just makes me all the more excited to try these out...

Was having an adult beverage with a buddy who is the assistant pro at our local track last night. He's also a HUGE Titleist homer. Cleveland is the 'other' OEM they sell at the pro shop though. He was truly excited about the '13 Classic. Doubt that he'll bag one or anything, but I've never heard him gush about anything that doesn't have a cursive T on it. :D Just makes me all the more excited to try these out...

Did he share any info on a possible FW line to match the driver?

Classic FW could be really sweet. I never got along with the Mashie FW so this could excite me.

Classic FW could be really sweet. I never got along with the Mashie FW so this could excite me.

Nope. I always viewed the Classic and Mashies as part of the same line sort of since they're both throwbacks. I love my mashie FWs. Don't know how they could improve them, but I'm excited to hear what they have planned, if anything. If they do update them, I'll likely snag a 3W just because. :D

Nope. I always viewed the Classic and Mashies as part of the same line sort of since they're both throwbacks. I love my mashie FWs. Don't know how they could improve them, but I'm excited to hear what they have planned, if anything. If they do update them, I'll likely snag a 3W just because. :D

I love my Mashie FWs, but would prefer a black head on them.

I love my Mashie FWs, but would prefer a black head on them.

I'd have to see it. I'm a fan of the current finish. Hard to mess up. I like the utilitarian looks too.

Hard to improve on the 2012 Classic, I hope I have the strength to stick with that one . On a side note I have noticed numerous brand new 2012 Classics selling on Ebay with winning bids $79 -$88 range. Seller was budget golfer, not familiar with that seller .

Hard to improve on the 2012 Classic, I hope I have the strength to stick with that one . On a side note I have noticed numerous brand new 2012 Classics selling on Ebay with winning bids $79 -$88 range. Seller was budget golfer, not familiar with that seller .

They are going for dirt cheap right now... Such a great bargain.

Budget golf is legit. They also have a website where some deals can be found.

I have been pondering a Cleveland Classic and been looking one but just can't make it happen right now. If anyone can get my wife to read this, I would appreciate it!

Back