Osprey Point the Hawk 9

Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Here's the final 9 of the facility I like to play the most, this 9 is called the Hawk because of a couple Redtail Hawk families that live on the 9.
This 9 is very balanced, it has forgiveness, length, hazards, and difficulty.

Hole 1 377 yd par 4 from the Gold tees. Its a straight away par 4 with two well placed bunkers straight out for the long hitter willing to take the chance, the rest of the mortals lay up to the right side of the picture and it will leave a shot of about 140 to 160 depending on how well you hit it.

HawkandRaven001.jpg

HawkandRaven002.jpg

Hole 2 565 yd par 5 from the Gold tees. This long par 5 is built to test the straight ball hitter, there's a generous landing area off the tee but as you move towards the green the hole begins to narrow with Coquina all along the left side and heavy brush on the right. Agter your drive it's a long iron lay up to set yourself up a nice wedge approach to this beautiful but protected green.

HawkandRaven003.jpg

HawkandRaven004.jpg

Hole 3 160 yd par 3 from the Gold tees. This is a mid length par 3 with a large green that slopes toward you in the front and away from you in the back, one of the few birdie holes on the Hawk.

HawkandRaven005.jpg

HawkandRaven007.jpg

The sun was still rising hence the darker pictures on some of the holes.

TheHawk2008.jpg

HawkandRaven027.jpg

Hole 4 380 yd par 4 from the Gold tees. Hole 4 is an interesting par 4, long and left you're in the junk, miss it right and you're in the water. The best play is a 3 wood off the tee to a narrow landing area which leaves a mid to long iron approach to a slightly uphill green. Par is a nice score here, I've seen many die a slow miserable death on this hole.

HawkandRaven008.jpg

The sun really killed the pic
HawkandRaven009.jpg

Hole 5 166 yd par 3 from the Gold tees. Water right, water long, and water short. This one can have a blind shot sometimes depending on where the pin is, they had said ther were going to move the brush in front of the tee to give a better visual but it hasn't happened yet.

HawkandRaven010.jpg

HawkandRaven011.jpg

Hole 6 508 yd par 5 from the Gold tees. Even though it's only 508 it plays long into a prevailing wind that just kills a high ball, there's water both left and right off the tee and a well placed bunker on the right for the long cut player. It's a little uphill to a well protected green.

HawkandRaven012.jpg

HawkandRaven013.jpg

Hole 7 290 yd par 4 from the Gold tees. This hole is sneaky and I've seen some 7's and 8's on this shorty. The best play is a low mid iron to a nice landing area which will leave an 8 or 9 iron in to a green with a nice false front for the unknowing. The longer hitter can challenge the left side and go for the green with a driver or 3 wood. Plenty of trouble awaits the greedy or the fabulous internet golfer lol. I had about a 20 mile an hour wind behind me and hit 3 wood. I happened to be blessed that day lol.
HawkandRaven016.jpg

HawkandRaven014.jpg

HawkandRaven015.jpg

Hole 8 185 yd par 3 from the Gold tees. This baby takes all you have! The wind is usually in your face or coming from the right which kills a ball and most come up short. The swim with the fishes. It's a little downhill but treaterous.

HawkandRaven017.jpg

HawkandRaven018.jpg

And finally Hole 9 540 yd par 5 from the Gold tees. This long dogleg right is a fantastic finishing hole, water for the slicers and thick brush for the hookers lol. The challenger will hit driver to to a small landing area on the right which will leave about 240 to a slightly uphill green, the problem is most of it is carry unless he has about a 260yd cut in his bag. The mortals will go to the left side which leaves a mid iron lay up to stay short of sand and water and then a nice 9 iron or wedge to a big green.

TheHawk2013.jpg

TheHawk2011.jpg

TheHawk2012.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope to see you at Osprey Point in Boca Raton Florida one day.

TheHawk2010.jpg

TheHawk2007.jpg

TheHawk2001.jpg

Wow what a beautiful course!

Trout, you take some amazing pics man. That course looks just as good as the other and right up my alley with the fairways :D

I've heard good things about this course. Great pics Trout. Might need a sick day soon and check this out!

Another great review Trout, when I make it down there I am definitely going to check out this place. It looks phenomenal, especially considering the prices you posted. How many holes are there total?

great writeup trout, such a beautiful course. and I love the pictures with the fog in it!

Thanks for the photos, I played there a long time ago and had forgotten how good it was.

Thanks for taking a look guys, it's a great track. Wake there are 27 holes at the facility with a great practice area.

Great pictures, thanks for posting. Looks like a fun course, wish I was there!

UPDATE

Wanted to give an update on course conditions. We went from having the best greens in the area to having some of the poorest, they got a disease this fall and have not been able to recover. The super and head pro are working as hard as they can to get them back in top form. So if you're in the Boca area you may want to look for another alternative for a while.

Iphone013.jpg

Iphone014.jpg

Boo! I was planning on venturing over there this week.

Back