The Coeur d'Alene Golf Resort Review, Part I

Holy cow what a beautiful course. There's a chance ill be living in Seattle next year so I def need to see this place in person

Excellent course review. I played this course a few years ago and had an amazing time. The caddy that accompanied our group was very helpful and made the experience that much better. My overall impression of the course is that the floating green gets all of the attention, but the rest of the course far exceeds that one hole.

I must play here one day!!!!! I've seen pictures of this course before somewhere on THP but what a great review you did Philly Golf Guy!!!!

Great review Philly Golf Guy! That was a great read!

Can't believe I missed this. Stunning course and review!

This was nice....every time this thread comes back and can't help but thumb through the pictures again. Just a great looking course.

wow. simply wow.
great review, fantastic pictures. definitely deserving of a THP prize pack for this.
this definitely looks like a "course to play before you die" kind of course.

great job PGG.

Awesome write up! I have played the course a few times myself and it always seems to be in that kind of condition...very beautiful. If you are ever back in the area and want to play a more difficult course. There are a few that will blow you away. Circling Raven Golf Course (about 30 min south of Coeur d' Alene) is an excellent test of golf. And if you're willing to drive a couple hours, there is a course called Wine Valley in Walla Walla Washington that is AWESOME. I have worked at several high end courses and Wine Valley is my all-time favorite.

Great review !
This is one of my favorite courses in the area and only 20 minutes from my house.
It's a little spendy compared to most of the other courses in the area, but worth playing a couple of times a year.
The condition of this course is always immaculate, the personel are top notch and friendly.
I always make it a point to play in their Cinco de Mayo special weekend, where they have a taco bar at the driving range and several tequila tasting stations on the course.
The tacos and tequila are free. They also have a couple of massage chairs on the driving range where you can get "loosened up" after you warm up....or before.

Thanks, guys! Can't believe I missed the tacos and tequila special. A reason to get back there asap!

Nice review for sure!

I've been hearing about this course for a while now, but this is the first really in depth review, and wow! I'd really like to get up there sometime, both for this course and because Schweitzer Mtn. is right nearby. May be relocating to Kent, WA next year and would only be a 5 hr drive away!

Quick question. Will be playing this course in a couple weeks as part of a guys trip. I've never had a forecaddie before and was wondering what the proper amount to tip them at the end of the round? Does $20-25 per person sound about right?
Thanks

Last edited:
Quick question. Will be playing this course in a couple weeks as part of a guys trip. I've never had a forecaddie before and was wondering what the proper amount to tip them at the end of the round? Does $20-25 per person sound about right?
Thanks

The one time we had one we tipped $100 for the foursome.

THPing on Tapatalk

Thanks

I tipped $30 for myself and she seemed really grateful. The guys I played with tipped $25 each. Hopefully that helps. Have fun!

Taps away

I tipped $30 for myself and she seemed really grateful. The guys I played with tipped $25 each. Hopefully that helps. Have fun!

Taps away

It does. Thanks a lot. Can't wait to get there!

My cousin just got relocated here, I can't wait to go visit as a great excuse to play this truly scenic course!

I gotta add this one to the list of must plays as well. Never heard of that floating green before but that is definetly unique. Beautiful course.

My cousin's husband now lives and works here, I so need to make it out to play!!!

Great Review! I've heard about the floating green from a friend. I'd like to get out there some day.

Back