Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone can lick it off? Is that a cougar technique?

Oh, please--Rhoda Morgenstern. The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Chinese was yummy, but my mouse still won't talk to my computer.:pissed-off:

This must be some strange male fantasy.

Okay, yes I do. In a bubble bath.

I so expected this to come from Harry (I am rather disappointed):

"I KNEW IT!"

Wouldn't the bath wash the chocolate off?

And even if it didn't, wouldn't the bubbles get in the way?

And taste kind of soapy, as well. Heck, it's your fantasy. You tell it. Or not, which is probably preferable.

I so expected this to come from Harry (I am rather disappointed):

"I KNEW IT!"

He's grasping at straws because I didn't play the game he expected me to.

I have been dying for a chocolate milkshake for days now. It would be a very bad idea, and I'm not going to do it. But for some reason, I thought if I wrote it down it would help. It hasn't.

I have been dying for a chocolate milkshake for days now. It would be a very bad idea, and I'm not going to do it. But for some reason, I thought if I wrote it down it would help. It hasn't.

I tell myself that Dannon fat free vanilla yogurt (made with aspartame) with unsweetened cocoa powder stirred in works as an all purpose substitute for bad dairy cravings. That doesn't always work, but sometimes... (comes in strawberry as well).

I can't play golf anymore!!!! I can't chip, do bunker shots, drive, or approach. I don't know whats going on, but I'm playing like an idiot!!!

I can't play golf anymore!!!! I can't chip, do bunker shots, drive, or approach. I don't know whats going on, but I'm playing like an idiot!!!

Hang in there Dent, youll snap out of it.

Sounds like me on a good day! :D

Hang in there Dent, youll snap out of it.

I don't know when this is going to end. This has been happening round in and round out. I was trying to keep my composure on the course but I couldn't handle it. Why does this happen?

Those Geico Caveman commercials. They've really gone on long enough. I don't even understand them anymore.

But for my BIGGEST rant...parking lots that look like they connect, but then have thin strips of curbs and grass in the middle. So you're driving around a lot trying to get out and you can't escape!

That is why I have a 4WD truck! If they don't have a connection, I can give them one!

I'm not sure if this is common at other municipal courses, so please let me know if it is.

Went to the city muni today, just had time to get in 9 holes. It was about 9:30am. Talked to the guy in the clubhouse, he said they had a small scramble going but I should be able to get in easily after that. When I said that's fine and wanted to play 9 holes, he said that's not allowed before 3:30pm. I gave him my best "WTF" look. Then just got some range balls.

I'm getting less and less likely to continue using this course at all. They tie up their best Saturday tee times for a scramble every week, and won't let you walk until after noon. It's summer in Florida people, I don't want to start a round at 11am. The county-run muni courses will let you walk, and play 9 or 18.

You can play 9 here, but you have to pay for 18. The only time I see 9 hole specials is early in the morning.

Depends on which muni, here. Rock Creek, you pay for 18, play as few as you want. Haynes Point, you can pay for 9.

It's the same here - the munis have a weekend rate for 18 holes only unless you start on the back 9 before the first crossover.

Well, that's definitely going to turn black and fall off.

Well, that's definitely going to turn black and fall off.

Thats just one of the myths parents tell you to keep you from touching it. Dont worry Harry, it will never fall off.

Thats just one of the myths parents tell you to keep you from touching it. Dont worry Harry, it will never fall off.

I'm not sure about that, I have had to start wearing glasses. I am afraid I will eventually go blind!!:bulgy-eyes:

I went to dinner last night with my wife and a close friend of ours. We chose Landry's Seafood House a nice white linens establishment on Kemah boardwalk near our home. We were enjoying a great conversation and a wonderful meal when a family was seated near us with 4 young children who had clearly never been taught how to act in public!! Next thing you know kids are screaming and running around the restaurant!! I understand that they had the right to dine there just as we did, however if you have children that can't behave they don't belong in such an establishment. I don’t know how the parents could just sit there and not try to correct the behavior at all.

The second part of my rant is..... If you take children to a seafood house would you encourage them to try shrimp, crab, and fish whatever it may be or just limit them to the kids menu of corndogs, pizza, and chicken nuggets?? Growing up my mom encouraged me to eat whatever I wanted as long as I ate it. The family was so loud that you could hear them strike down the children’s request to share fried shrimp and to get a pizza or something off the kids menu. I was completely annoyed by the time that our dessert course arrived it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as it could have been because it felt as if we were in Chuck E Cheese rather than a nice restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back