Charlie Beljan doesn't like food

cj3ap2

Reaction score
Handicap
15ish
remember when he was nearly passing out en route to winning the disney? not having anything to eat in 20 hours may have had something to do with that:

KAPALUA, Maui -- In his press conference at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions on Thursday, Charlie Beljan said his dislike of food may have been partly to blame for his panic attacks as he won the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic in November.

Beljan told his caddie he felt like he was dying and was hospitalized Friday night while winning the Children's Miracle Network at Disney World, the last official PGA Tour event of 2012. But he confirmed Thursday a report from Golf Channel's Jason Sobel, that part of the problem may have been that he hadn't eaten in 20 hours. In fact, Beljan said, he dislikes food, and as a result he's eaten the same Subway sandwich for the past eight years.
"I don't like to eat," he said. "I don't like food. I wish I could swallow a few pills every morning and not have to chew on anything the rest of the day. Since I've been a kid, I'm not a food fan. I've eaten the same Subway sandwich five days a week for the last eight years and haven't changed it, and I'm not willing to try.

"We went to a luau last night," Beljan continued, "which was wonderful, and they had a five‑course meal and I didn't take a bite of any of it because I wasn't willing to try it."

Beljan, who was in danger of losing his Tour card before winning the Disney by two over Matt Every and Robert Garrigus, said he has at least become more conscious of his calorie intake as a result of his panic attacks, his tendency to fall asleep at the dinner table, and advice from concerned friends, family and medical professionals.

"Now I'm eating on the golf course, eating three meals a day," Beljan said. "They might be the same thing every day, but at least I'm putting some fuel in my body."

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/201...-to-anxiety-attack.html?sct=hp9#ixzz2H8ouz3Zh

I don't even really know what to say, there's just so much in that story. I understand not liking certain food, but not to not want eat? so much so that you can go upwards of 20 hours without eating anything? I'm trying to insult the guy when if what he says about himself is 100% accurate, there's some type of mental illness/serious phobia there.

Very Interesting. Beljan is one interesting person.

If he hates food he should go straight for the Taco Bell grillers instead of subway.

That is weird. Just odd.

I don't think I have ever heard that.. Wow.

That is indeed weird. But maybe now that it is out in the open there may be some way to help him.

The dudes not human. Who doesn't like food?!?!

There's gotta some kind of serious mental tick/phobia that causes this in him. People don't voluntarily go 20 hours without eating anything. At some point your body starts telling you "you have to eat, you need to eat right now"

I wish I had just a little bit of that affliction.

Well that's not good. I hope he one day will have the strength to seek professional or unprofessional help if that's true. The most interesting question is yet to be answered though...what kind of sub is it that he eats?

Dude could have been a great wrestler. I've never heard of anything like this from a seemingly healthy individual.

I don't think Beljian will ever be successful on Tour. He'a crazy. Kevin Na like.

I'm calling BS on this story, as something doesn't add up. His official stats list him as 6'4", 215 but I don't buy the last number. This guy doesn't look nearly as thin as that combo should indicate:

golf_g_beljan_mb_600.jpg

2019655711.jpg

images

Either he eats way more food than this story indicates or he's taking in a bunch of non 'food' products that have a lot of calories.

Also, apparent food issue on top of the anxiety issues he previously admitted to...I hope the guy gets whatever help he seems to need.

Unlike him I like food too much

Sounds like he has a medical condition. Some people lose their taste buds or sense of smell and as a result can't eat anymore as the smell or taste is revolting to them.

What a weirdo!

the same Subway sandwich everyday? I ate Subway probably 10 times in December when they had the $2 specials & I'm burnt out on it

Back