Pro V1 Best Ball for ALL Golfers?!!?

Perplexing indeed :beat-up:

Haha I don't know why I play well with the ball. I do like Titleist though so maybe it's a comfort factor or something. My XF's should crush this ball. Looking forward to playing it though.

Haha I don't know why I play well with the ball. I do like Titleist though so maybe it's a comfort factor or something. My XF's should crush this ball. Looking forward to playing it though.

Hey now stop trying to bring things back on topic !!!!! While i'm not a fan of the Pro-V1 unless they are free, i used to play the NXT tour and was always impressed with them

Its weird. I really want to like the 330rx especially being able to get them in yellow but I don't find them to perform any better for me than the e-series balls or even some of the lower cost than that.

As for the pro v1x's I'm not sure what it is since they feel the same as any other ball to me but for some reason I seem to have my best rounds with them including my round today. I was just hitting everything dead straight with them (other than one slice with the driver which happened on the only hole that was ok to do that)

I just wish it wasn't the case because they're so expensive.

The funny thing is that I don't have a particularly fast swing. I'm around 95 mph and use a regular flex shaft

It wasnt for me. Dad plays them and during around I swapped out the Penta I was playing for one and drives really suffered in both distance and disperation.

Its likely all just marketing. Titleist got sold last year to Fila. The only reason I can figure as to why would be that market share is dropping and with modern solid balls competition has caught up with them and likely cut into their market share, significantly.
If your brand is spending a ton of money advertising, and is still losing market share then to increase profits you need to either cut profits or convince the people you are marketing to they should buy your highest profit item or reduce marketing costs.
Their advertising which shows an impressive looking part of the manufacturing process where they burn the dust off the core before covering it and try to convince you there is high tech wizardry at work when there really isn't.

All golf balls that conform to USGA rules have to be warmed to a certain temperature, hit by a machine and fly/roll a certain distance to be certified. It's a funny thing but in advertising they say longer a lot, but they never say longer than what....

Has anyone jumped ship from recently from ProV1? If so where did you go, looking to try something new, Bridgestone, HX Tour, srixon, no idea just kicking it around at the moment

Has anyone jumped ship from recently from ProV1? If so where did you go, looking to try something new, Bridgestone, HX Tour, srixon, no idea just kicking it around at the moment

I really like this years PRo V1x but I just get better results with the Nike One Tour D. I really liked the Hex Black as well but I just spin them way too much around the greens.

To me it is brand preference and a mental quirk. I just do not play PV1's well. I wish I did because I love the design of the logo (yes, all visual)...

I play the Pro V1 for only one reason. I want the ball to stick when I hit a decent shot. Most any ball will stick if you hit a good shot.. I don't mind giving up 10 yards off the tee because my swing speed is only in the low 90s. As far as too much spin,,,, if that is the case it's my fault not the balls. I'll work on my swing.

jmho:drinks:

She's trying to tell Titleist golf balls....there is no one ball that is best for ALL golfers.

ProV1's= bush magnets

If the idea is to get the ball in the bushes in as few strokes as possible then go ProV1!

Tapping from another Galaxy.

Pro v1 $53.99
Rocketballz RU (msrp) $29.99
Wilson Staff fg tour $25.00

All are a three piece urathane ball. Does anyone else feel this is wrong? Also I'm getting to the point where the more layers a ball has the higher price I can expect and this does not line up for me.

Is the Titliest that far advanced from the other two?

Pro v1 $53.99
Rocketballz RU (msrp) $29.99
Wilson Staff fg tour $25.00

All are a three piece urathane ball. Does anyone else feel this is wrong? Also I'm getting to the point where the more layers a ball has the higher price I can expect and this does not line up for me.

Is the Titliest that far advanced from the other two?

You're missing something very important. There are a lot of people who don't question that.

You're missing something very important. There are a lot of people who don't question that.

And if they dropped the price to match their competitors, people wouldn't feel there was anything special or magic about the ProV1 line anymore.

And if they dropped the price to match their competitors, people wouldn't feel there was anything special or magic about the ProV1 line anymore.

Is there anything special about it?

Yup.

Sadly, or not, if the Prov1 was at that price point, I would pay it more attention.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I was in mesquite switching between Nike 20xi-s and the prov1-x's and I was more pleased with the all around performance of the prov. I had 20 yards longer off the tee, more predictable around the green and just all around a better ball. IMO

On Tuesday and Wednesday I was in mesquite switching between Nike 20xi-s and the prov1-x's and I was more pleased with the all around performance of the prov. I had 20 yards longer off the tee, more predictable around the green and just all around a better ball. IMO

20 yards from a ball change that is huge. Was that on carry distance or rollout distance?

My dad plays these and any time I borrow one off him I end up with horrifying reresults

Ill stick with my Z-star XV's

20 yards from a ball change that is huge. Was that on carry distance or rollout distance?
It was a little of both. To be fair it was the 20xi-s and not the x so a lower compression ball the the prov1-x

i recently was able to be a product tester for the next years of prov1x and I shot my year low with it. It was a great ball IMO

It was a little of both. To be fair it was the 20xi-s and not the x so a lower compression ball the the prov1-x

i recently was able to be a product tester for the next years of prov1x and I shot my year low with it. It was a great ball IMO

Glad you found something that works for you. Sounds like a real game changer.

I was wanting someone to be able to coment on some of the things I said in my post (239) that revived this thread. Is the Pro v1 so far advanced from the competiors 3 piece urathane ball?

Glad you found something that works for you. Sounds like a real game changer.

I was wanting someone to be able to coment on some of the things I said in my post (239) that revived this thread. Is the Pro v1 so far advanced from the competiors 3 piece urathane ball?
In my thinking is the competitors have a ball at the same price point as the prov and cheaper balls too, to compare a $50 dozen ball to a $30 dozen ball isn't the same, will the rocket ball urethane play as good as the penta? If so why make the penta? Is a prov for everyone I doubt it. I don't play the prov all the time, if I am having a bad round and losing balls I don't want to throw away $3 ever lost ball. But for me when I'm doing okay the prov does what I expect it will provided I hit it right. Just my opinion though

Back