Tried the Reverse K set up last night at the range

That is one the benefits of the reverse k, it keeps the bottom of the arc behind the ball and providing you maintain your spine tilt and good posture throughtout the swing it is nigh impossible to go under the ball and sky your driver or FW! Combine it with good hip bend at address and make sure you have the weight of your back leg on the inside part of your back foot will put you in great shape to hit some decent shots!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the reverse K setup was only for Driver and woods to promote hitting the ball on the "upswing"? It seems to me that setting up this way with irons and hybrids (clubs that should be hit with a descending strike) would promote a lot of thin shots...

I believe the reverse k is good for all clubs - even wedges. The amount of spine tilt with the short irons will be very slight and more pronounced with the longer irons and woods. For me when hitting wedges I use a slight reverse k with more weight on my front foot to ensure I am hitting down on the ball. Longer irons more neutral weight and a little more reverse k at setup etc.

I am sure if I am talking rubbish someone here will speak up! ;)

I believe the reverse k is good for all clubs - even wedges. The amount of spine tilt with the short irons will be very slight and more pronounced with the longer irons and woods. For me when hitting wedges I use a slight reverse k with more weight on my front foot to ensure I am hitting down on the ball. Longer irons more neutral weight and a little more reverse k at setup etc.

I am sure if I am talking rubbish someone here will speak up! ;)

Nope, you pretty much nailed it. Good throughout the bag.

Some instructors do teach a reverse tilt for driver only, but that isn't what Geoff or Dan do.

This is what I've been working on with my instructor at GolfTEC. The Reverse K works well for me, plus we added in the 9-3 drill on top of that and I finally have forward shaft lean at impact. I struggled at first with just the Reverse K setup as I was chunking everything, but once we worked on the takeaway I started hitting much better shots.

Books can't help you feel what's right and tell you when you're out of sorts. You've gotta at least feel the right position. Online is gonna be the second best way though

I know I know. I just like some good reading material

I know I know. I just like some good reading material

This made me laugh because all I remember is you walking around THP HQ with your binder of the slicefixer printouts

This made me laugh because all I remember is you walking around THP HQ with your binder of the slicefixer printouts

Haha still have it. I read it everyday

Is he referring to Encyclopedia Texarkana or do you have something else? If something else, pray tell good sir, pray tell.................

All of us Geoff fans are starved for reference materials.

Is he referring to Encyclopedia Texarkana or do you have something else? If something else, pray tell good sir, pray tell.................

I hear that Geoff's book is in the editing stage right now, so release should happen in the near future.

No I just have the ET

I hear that Geoff's book is in the editing stage right now, so release should happen in the near future.

I hope so, but that exact rumor has been going around since he made his name on another forum 7 years ago and it has tortured me. I hope you are right and the eagle is finally landing! I'd buy it instantly.

A DVD would be even better than that.

Online lessons even better than that.

Associate instructors even better than that.

I agree with "All4's". I love Geoff's entire swing philosophy and like "Chunkylover77", I read the E.T. regularly. However, I'll believe the Books out when I see it.

In addition, I would gladly pay for a DVD series. Until then, thank you so much for my computer printed Encyclopedia Texarkana!!!

Tried the reverse k again today when I went to the range. I was hitting some of the best shots Ive hit lately, was hitting my driver very well (no popups) and was even able to hit my 3-wood off the deck with some good height on it.
Looks like from now on I will be doing the reverse k!

Tried the reverse k again today when I went to the range. I was hitting some of the best shots Ive hit lately, was hitting my driver very well (no popups) and was even able to hit my 3-wood off the deck with some good height on it.
Looks like from now on I will be doing the reverse k!

Congratulations! Reverse K Rocks!

Been working pretty hard on the setup for my slicefixer swing. He uses the reverse K. I hit about 50 balls today and each one was an absolute shank. Very frustrating

Been working pretty hard on the setup for my slicefixer swing. He uses the reverse K. I hit about 50 balls today and each one was an absolute shank. Very frustrating

Usually shanks happen for me when I stop turning the hips

I am having a very hard time with the rotational swing. My arms just want to go!!

I am having a very hard time with the rotational swing. My arms just want to go!!

If they get stuck behind you or disconnected, they have almost no choice. Making sure they stop as soon as the shoulders stop turning is crucial to getting it right

If they get stuck behind you or disconnected, they have almost no choice. Making sure they stop as soon as the shoulders stop turning is crucial to getting it right

I gotta get some video but I think I have the backswing OK. It's the transition that I am struggling with

I gotta get some video but I think I have the backswing OK. It's the transition that I am struggling with

Join the club haha. I'm hoping Geoff can fix that fast come March. I have a feeling he'll be able to.

I have a new name for the shanks, I call them "mikeys".

Hehe, j/K bro

Back