Shipping Clubs Fedex/UPS

You don't need to spend that much on a good travel bag.

Maybe not, but I'd be afraid if I didn't. Too many snapped driver stories (multiple family members) when not using one.

THPing on Tapatalk

I shipped via fedex this summer 2 times. Both times price was aprox 50 bucks ground. Air was real expensive. Both times my travel bag was beat up bad. The fedex guys at my last delivery point joked and called it fedex pound. My clubs were definitely pounded.

FedEx is usually pretty good, but boy they are being super inefficient on this one.

I ordered a new 3W from GlobalGolf.com. They said (confirmed) that it shipped on Wed, 2/13 from Salt Lake City, UT. It left on 2/13/13 and on 2/15/13 FedEx.com said it in Troutdale, OR. Troutdale, OR is about 15 minutes from my location in Portland, OR. Should have been on the truck for delivery on 2/15/13. NO, from there it went to Kent, WA (164 miles away) and now says it isn't scheduled for delivery till 2/21/13. Wow... that's NOT very efficient!!!

Worst thing, I could've used that 3W yesterday, had 2 par 5's where is was about 230 yds out for my second shot, just out of hybrid range and I didn't have a 3W!

shipping clubs - what do you use?

shipping clubs - what do you use?

For those that sell clubs either here on on ebay or other places, what do you use for shipping? Do you just get custom boxes from the local shipping agent? (aka UPS Store or Fedex Kinkos, etc)

Thanks for the post merge. I see my answers are right in this thread.

For those that sell clubs either here on on ebay or other places, what do you use for shipping? Do you just get custom boxes from the local shipping agent? (aka UPS Store or Fedex Kinkos, etc)

UPS or USPS and I usually keep a stockpile of boxes but you can go to the local golf store and get them if you need them.

UPS or USPS and I usually keep a stockpile of boxes but you can go to the local golf store and get them if you need them.

Yeah that's what I was thinking is that it would be simple to just hit the local golf shop to get something.

Looking into possibly doing this for my move in two weeks, since I won't get my clubs for 11 or so days if I send them with the movers. I checked the rate for FedEx from my current ZIP to the new one and it said $33 - does that include the packing and such, or is that what it is if you put it in your own hard case? We are driving to our new address, but there isn't enough room in the car for my clubs since we have to bring enough stuff to survive for like a week in an empty apartment, and we also have the cat coming with us as well.

Thoughts anyone? Normally I wouldn't mind waiting the 11 days for the movers, but I'm leaving on a business trip 13 days after our pack date that I plan on golfing on, and if my stuff arrives late I will be SOL.

I always use USPS Priority Mail, they get the package in 2-3 working days in the States. You can insure the package and get shipping confirmation for around $15. I save boxes that I receive clubs in and use those.

I've used FedEx to ship my clubs and they just picked up the travel bag - no other packaging. I made sure to pack the travel case securely with lots of towels etc
Looking into possibly doing this for my move in two weeks, since I won't get my clubs for 11 or so days if I send them with the movers. I checked the rate for FedEx from my current ZIP to the new one and it said $33 - does that include the packing and such, or is that what it is if you put it in your own hard case? We are driving to our new address, but there isn't enough room in the car for my clubs since we have to bring enough stuff to survive for like a week in an empty apartment, and we also have the cat coming with us as well.

Thoughts anyone? Normally I wouldn't mind waiting the 11 days for the movers, but I'm leaving on a business trip 13 days after our pack date that I plan on golfing on, and if my stuff arrives late I will be SOL.

Using Ship Sticks for the first time and clubs have been dropped off at the UPS store. 3 day shipping $50 each way delivered to the golf club. Site was pretty easy to use and print off the labels. So for $30 more I don't have to carry with us and transport, clubs get delivered directly to the club and then then they come pick up the next day and send back. I'm liking the theory. Let's see how it goes.

Little summer fun bump. Received a 50% off Ship Sticks in a Golf Channel email and taking full advantage on this for my trip to CO next week. Driving up but room in the car will be tight and this was a no brainer.

Happy summer of shipping boys!

Back