TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

They really are. The numbers I see with the 5 and 6 iron are somewhat astounding to me. Not internet long, but definitely Hawklong.

and consistent dispersion?

and consistent dispersion?

Certainly not bad, but I can miss without blinking an eye for sure. That's a me thing though. I think the biggest thing for me is just the ability to stand over a 5 iron and believe it's going to get airborne and go pretty far. Lets me put a much more confident swing on the ball.

I like the way they feel in hand and how they look for starters. Shallow reasoning, but I do. Also, I just seem to hit them well. Pay me no mind though lol. I'm like the guy that ran into his ex at the bar last night.

That's perfectly reasonable. Golf is 99% half mental, so if you feel more confident with a particular set of clubs, then there really needs to be no other reason to prefer them. I LOVED the looks of the 588 CBs when they first came out and was pretty confident they would be my next iron set. However, I had a rough introduction to them at the AC Van stop and my ponder slowly regressed. I would love to be able to hit them again some day, as they are absolutely beautiful clubs.

That's perfectly reasonable. Golf is 99% half mental, so if you feel more confident with a particular set of clubs, then there really needs to be no other reason to prefer them. I LOVED the looks of the 588 CBs when they first came out and was pretty confident they would be my next iron set. However, I had a rough introduction to them at the AC Van stop and my ponder slowly regressed. I would love to be able to hit them again some day, as they are absolutely beautiful clubs.

We'll see what ends up happening next year. I plan to start the season with the RocketBladez in the bag. The scores I shot with them indicate I should probably keep them there.

We'll see what ends up happening next year. I plan to start the season with the RocketBladez in the bag. The scores I shot with them indicate I should probably keep them there.

I can't wait to see what results I get when the weather warms up in another few months.

I always loved the smaller irons (which is why I gamed the r7 TPs for so long). However, like you just said, you cannot really argue with results. These are a tad bigger than I am used to, but the results are speaking for themselves.

That they are.

After two range sessions I am still in awe with how high it's possible to hit a 5 iron

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I'm like the guy that ran into his ex at the bar last night.

I had a similar experience with my J38's this weekend Hawk. I love the performance of the Rbladez thus far, but I felt so comfortable looking down at my J38's with their thinner top-line and less offset. I think it's good for the testing process, not losing sight of what worked for you before the new sticks.

I am still impresseed with How high these clubs get and how long they are. A 3 Hybrid is no longer need for me I hit my 4 iron about the same distance and the trajectory is a lot nicer

I don't have any profound opinions or numbers after this weekend, but I love these irons. I lack consistency, but when I hit these right, they go high and land soft. I go after pins rather than going for safe leaves, the confidence these irons have given me is incredible. A lot of times I don't do my part, and the penalty for misses that aren't just plain egregious is minor compared to my old clubs. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the 3i is because I'm afraid my 4i will get jealous and stop working so well.

I don't have any profound opinions or numbers after this weekend, but I love these irons. I lack consistency, but when I hit these right, they go high and land soft. I go after pins rather than going for safe leaves, the confidence these irons have given me is incredible. A lot of times I don't do my part, and the penalty for misses that aren't just plain egregious is minor compared to my old clubs. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the 3i is because I'm afraid my 4i will get jealous and stop working so well.

Did you notice a decrease in dispersion vs. your previous irons? What were your previous irons?

Lots of great stuff the past several days, great work everyone.

I played a ton over the weekend and yesterday and will have a full report shortly. But until then, here's my very happy mini update: I sprayed my driver around pretty well today and still bested my all time low score by five strokes. Iron play was really good. I love these clubs.

I played a ton over the weekend and yesterday and will have a full report shortly. But until then, here's my very happy mini update: I sprayed my driver around pretty well today and still bested my all time low score by five strokes. Iron play was really good. I love these clubs.

That's pretty awesome, tequila. Way to go on the personal best!

Holy Carp! that is a sweet round T4K. Nice work- glad you are still hitting them on the screws!

Don't be afraid... I have one and I love it because it follows suit with the rest of the irons--not that I would expect anything different--but it's strange to see a 3i get up so high and still cover 230+ and then stop within 1-2 bounces.

In my round this past Saturday I was about 225 out on a par-5 with water guarding a tight green. Normally I might have laid up to leave a simple wedge in, but I pulled my 3i knew I could make the shot. I had a bunker to the right of the green, so that was my safe bailout...and ironically enough that is exactly where it ended up and converted the sandy. Sure I wasn't on the green putting for eagle, but I didn't miss by much and I can confidently carry 230 and get it to stop...unlike a hybrid where trying to make this same shot would have most likely come up short or been less contollable.

The other scary part is that the weather has been cold and damp, so once it warms up I can only imagine that 240+ will be within reach. I did hit one 3i about 260-270 a few weeks back, but I'll just call that an anomoly because I haven't hit one that long since.

Congrats T4K on your best round! I have been kicking around the idea of the 3i as well as I'm in the market for a hybrid to fill a slot at the top of my bag, but I only have a hybrid because I couldn't hit my last 2 3i's... Certainly worth pondering given what I have accomplished with the long irons in the Rocketbladez and the few folks confirming that the 3i continues where the 4i leaves off.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Well I am in the process of trying to get hold of a RocketBladez 4 iron with the KBS Tour90 shaft installed in it - waiting on a phone call back with some prices.

Having hit my 5 iron so well since I got the RBladez and finding that a.) The ball travels quite some distance even in the cold wet weather we are having here in the UK and b.) The accuracy this 5 iron delivers is superb - I am hugely keen to get hold of one.

It's the ball flight in the longer clubs that's mainly driving my decision here. My 5 and 6 iron just seem to explode off the face of the club and the ball flight just seems to get up really quickly, cut through the wind with no hassle at all and then drop down with a couple of hops.

Well I am in the process of trying to get hold of a RocketBladez 4 iron with the KBS Tour90 shaft installed in it - waiting on a phone call back with some prices.

Having hit my 5 iron so well since I got the RBladez and finding that a.) The ball travels quite some distance even in the cold wet weather we are having here in the UK and b.) The accuracy this 5 iron delivers is superb - I am hugely keen to get hold of one.

It's the ball flight in the longer clubs that's mainly driving my decision here. My 5 and 6 iron just seem to explode off the face of the club and the ball flight just seems to get up really quickly, cut through the wind with no hassle at all and then drop down with a couple of hops.

One of these days I'll figure out how to hit a 4 iron consistently. For the time being, I'm just glad that I can hit a 5 iron so well. It's a nice club to have in the bag if you can make good use of it.

I went to the range yesterday (loving the heated range) and saw more of the same. When I put a good swing on these irons they are amazing. The KBS shafts work well with my swing, and the ball is launching higher with the long irons than I ever thought possible. It is really going to help me to hold greens come Summer time I think

That shaft works really nice with the heads, doesn't it? I'm happy with the combo.

One of these days I'll figure out how to hit a 4 iron consistently. For the time being, I'm just glad that I can hit a 5 iron so well. It's a nice club to have in the bag if you can make good use of it.

You've got a point there Hawk.

The 4 iron I had in the previous set of Nike Irons which I borrowed from brother for 2 or 3 months was relativly easy to hit. I have to confess it wasn't as sucsessful at the 5 iron but generally speaking I was able to get the ball away and get reasonable distance.

Ultimatley I guess I would probably be better off finding somewhere that has one I could try, even if it had the Rocketfuelz shaft in it. I've got a couple of ranges nearby that demo clubs so I might try them and see if I get lucky.

Might as well give it a shot. I'm just so used to hybrids at this point that it's a hard transition for me to make.

That shaft works really nice with the heads, doesn't it? I'm happy with the combo.

It really does. After a few shots I was worried I was hitting them too high, but I don't think I knew what too high really was

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Back