Official 2013 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day Details - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

So, I've started researching airfare for Kelly and I. Right now, the plan is to arrive early Thursday evening and leave late Monday afternoon. Delta looks to be the cheapest at the moment, at $518 round trip for the two of us, leaving out of St. Louis. We don't fly with enough consistency to know whether now is a good time to book, or if we should hold off a bit. Thoughts?

Pretty darn good JR.

Flights are booked. Didn't think I was going to get much better at that price and could possibly get a lot worse. Arriving in Orlando around 4:30 on Thursday afternoon and leaving out on Monday at 3:30, which should give me enough time to get an early morning round in on Monday for those still around.

I think you have a great price on the flight, Jeff.

I am about to pull the trigger on a flight as well, and the Delta flights from Atlanta are actually a little higher. You have to love the airlines. :angry:

So, I've started researching airfare for Kelly and I. Right now, the plan is to arrive early Thursday evening and leave late Monday afternoon. Delta looks to be the cheapest at the moment, at $518 round trip for the two of us, leaving out of St. Louis. We don't fly with enough consistency to know whether now is a good time to book, or if we should hold off a bit. Thoughts?

Good decision on booking that fare Jeff. With Delta, you have 24 hours from the moment you book to make a change/cancel free of charge if you need to.

Heck yeah. Just glad to have it booked and not have to worry about it. I was surprised Delta came in the cheapest for me. We're going to look into having my clubs shipped FedEx to Reunion, instead of flying with them. If we were a non-stop flight, I wouldn't worry about them, but the only airline to ever lose one of my bags, was Delta and I don't want that stress before I get down there.

There are roughly 120 days until demo day if I counted right. Loving seeing folks talking travel plans and arrival/departure days. I am getting excited.

There are roughly 120 days until demo day if I counted right. Loving seeing folks talking travel plans and arrival/departure days. I am getting excited.

Makes it a little easier for Morgan as well, knowing when everyone is coming and going, so she can do villa set ups accordingly.

Flights are booked. Didn't think I was going to get much better at that price and could possibly get a lot worse. Arriving in Orlando around 4:30 on Thursday afternoon and leaving out on Monday at 3:30, which should give me enough time to get an early morning round in on Monday for those still around.

That is a great price Jeff. Good move getting it booked IMO.

That is a great price Jeff. Good move getting it booked IMO.

Yeah dude, I told Kelly last night that I thought that was pretty good and we should go ahead and get it booked. Southwest was like $300 more. American Airlines was close, but still about $50 more. US Airways was just laughable. So, I pulled the trigger and now I don't have to worry about it.

Yeah dude, I told Kelly last night that I thought that was pretty good and we should go ahead and get it booked. Southwest was like $300 more. American Airlines was close, but still about $50 more. US Airways was just laughable. So, I pulled the trigger and now I don't have to worry about it.

I am actually driving for the outing and The Morgan Cup but I did just book tickets for a trip right before TMC. I know it is not until July, but when you see a good deal sometimes you just have to jump on it, so good move buddy and I look forward to hitting some balls with you in May.

Just a little info for people looking at flights. Look at the following website: airfarewatchdog.com

I am flying from Los Angeles to Orlando, arriving Wednesday and leaving on Monday, and I got flights for 358 ROUND TRIP!!!

And that's a cross country flight. Should be less for a shorter flight, so just a heads up for you guys to keep an eye on it.

Dan

Just a little info for people looking at flights. Look at the following website: airfarewatchdog.com

I am flying from Los Angeles to Orlando, arriving Wednesday and leaving on Monday, and I got flights for 358 ROUND TRIP!!!

And that's a cross country flight. Should be less for a shorter flight, so just a heads up for you guys to keep an eye on it.

Dan

Damn, dude, that is a Hell of a deal.

Yeah, I'll be watching that site for sure now. Thanks for the heads up!

Dan

FWIW, the flight distance affecting the price theory is pretty much gone these days. It sucks, but it all comes down to competition on the route. The airline industry has the price algorithms so tight now it is tough to reliably know what you should pay. If anyone sees a fare they are comfortable with, I say book it now and forget it. The +/- ratio is too hard to calculate these days.

Dan

That's an awesome deal bro.

FWIW, the flight distance affecting the price theory is pretty much gone these days. It sucks, but it all comes down to competition on the route. The airline industry has the price algorithms so tight now it is tough to reliably know what you should pay. If anyone sees a fare they are comfortable with, I say book it now and forget it. The +/- ratio is too hard to calculate these days.

Dan, stop trying to confise me with your big words. You know your jell-o shots killed the part of my brain that understands them. hehehe

Dan

Great find... Need this deal!

Anyone planning on staying in a double room as a single like I am? I figure this would be the best cost-wise for me, and am trying to figure out who could be a potential roommate of mine.

There's a 90% chance I'm getting deployed to Afghanistan in April and I have reserved a spot in the villas. Is there any one who might want my spot if I can't make it? Let me know!

There's a 90% chance I'm getting deployed to Afghanistan in April and I have reserved a spot in the villas. Is there any one who might want my spot if I can't make it? Let me know!

Oh no that stinks!!

Please contact GolferGal via PM and she can work on this for you.

Well it is what it is, it's really good money.

Back