Official 2013 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day Details - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THP is pleased to announce that the 4th Annual THP Golf Outing & Demo Day is now official. We have partnered with one of the finest golf resorts in the world, Reunion Resort in Orlando, FL to host this great event. Before making this decision, THP talked with several golf resorts and in the end we felt that Reunion has the most to offer for our members. Not only will you be experiencing world renowned golf but you will also be just minutes away from the happiest place on earth, Disney World! This will be the perfect trip for not only the die hard golfers, but families as well.

863786920_TQCSb-M.jpg

While the venue for 2013 may have changed the amount of excitement and enthusiasm that we have for outings has not, in fact we are more excited then ever. For a recap of what the past two outing were like take a look at these threads.

THP 2011 Outing Concludes
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20564-2011-THP-Outing-Recap-Thread

THP 2011 Picture Thread
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...f-Outing-Picture-Thread&highlight=2011+outing

THP 2012 Outing Recap Thread
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?32174-2012-Ultimate-Golf-Weekend-Recap-Thread

THP 2012 Outing Picture Thread
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?32186-2012-Outing-Picture-Thread

REGolf8-1-L.jpg

Where & When
Reunion Resort, Orlando, FL
May 17th-19th 2013

Itinerary
Thursday
For those who arrive early we will be doing a meet and greet at the roof top bar at Reunion Resort. Everyone is welcome! This will officially begin at 8:00pm, however, if you are here earlier feel free to show up earlier, JB and I will probably be there around 7, possibly even earlier because we plan to eat dinner there first.

Friday

Full Demo Day 9am-5pm
This is going to be a unique demo day unlike any other you have ever experienced to date. THP is hosting the 1st ever live webcast streaming demo day coverage where you will be able to review clubs live as you hit them. Find something you like, head over to the camera and tell the world. Communication will be both ways as viewers will be able to ask questions directly to the demo day participants.

1015768449_CPrc2-S.jpg

Evening - THP Dinner 8:00pm
THP is hosting a banquet style dinner for everybody, on us (non golfing members will have a fee *details below*), where all of the participants can relax and unwind and have food and drinks with fellow THP'ers. Reunion Resort has been gracious in assisting us in putting together a menu that we think everybody will enjoy. This is the chance for us to get dressed up a little, and enjoy the food and company as well as the wonderful surroundings. Of course it wouldn't be a THP event without a contest as well!

Saturday
Morning - Round of Golf
The group will be playing The Palmer Course and tee times will begin at 8:00AM. After the round of golf, you will be able to enjoy the rest of the amenities that Reunion Resort has to offer, or spend some time with Mickey or tee it up again on one of their fine golf courses. There is an unlimited golf option so a 2nd round might be just what you are looking for.

Evening - THP Villa Crawl
Each villa will be in charge of creating a theme and preparing a drink to match that theme as well as food items. Then attendees can go from villa to villa and sample all of the creations.

Sunday
Morning - Round of Golf
The group will be playing the Watson Course and tee times will begin at 8:00AM. After the round of golf, you will be able to enjoy the rest of the amenities that Reunion Resort has to offer, or spend some time with Mickey or tee it up again on one of their fine golf courses. There is an unlimited golf option for those who want to play as many golf holes as possible.

Evening
Dinner Sunday for those that are still around is up to each participant. You can eat at any of the fine establishments at Reunion Resort, or make a meal right in your room or leave the grounds and eat elsewhere. Being so close to Disney the food choices are endless.

REGolf8-L.jpg

What's It Cost
All pricing is based on a three bedroom villa and pricing reflects the entire weekend 5/17-5/19:

Single Golfer in Single Bedroom - $461.14 Per Person
Single Golfer in Double Bed Bedroom: $411.53 - Per Person
Golfing Couple in Single Bedroom - $748.65 per couple ($374.33 per person)

These are 3 bedroom/3 bathroom Villas with a fully equipped kitchen and living room. Each villa consists of a room with a King Bed, a room with a Queen Bed, and a room with 2 double beds. So pricing above that says 'Single Bedroom' refers to a King or Queen bed.

If you want a private villa, please contact us for details and separate pricing.

The above pricing includes:
* Nightly accommodations
* Unlimited Golf Saturday and Sunday ONLY
* Use of practice range for demo day
* Box lunches on Friday (5/17)
* Banquet Dinner on Friday night (5/17)
* Breakfast Saturday and Sunday (5/18 & 5/19) in the Forte Room
* Nightly Club storage and service
* Applicable club service fee and tax

Package Additions:
* Non-Golfer Food Package (Dinner on Friday and Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday) - $91.38 per person total
* Additional nights in 1 Bedroom Villa - $207.63 per villa per night
* Additional nights in 2 Bedroom Villa - $251.76 per villa per night
* Additional nights in 3 Bedroom Villa - $297.64 per villa per night
* Additional Golf - $90.95 Unlimited Play or $53.50 after 1:00PM

**Note: Additional night rates are based per villa not per room, so if you have three people in the 2 bedroom villa that $251.76 rate would be divided by 3 or $83.92/night per person.**

All prices include taxes and service fees.

Deposits and Final Bill:
* A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $150 per person is due at signup. The deposit will be placed with the resort NOT THP.
* Final payment of charges minus deposits MUST be received by Friday May 3, 2013 (14 Days Prior to Arrival).

Accommodations-DeluxeKitchen-L.jpg

Things to Know
Contests
THP will be holding contests throughout the event for many items. Based on play and other fun ideas we have including bringing the THP Prize Wheel back and some other really incredible contests. More prizes this year than ever before.

Skill Levels
All THP Golf Outings are for golfers of all skill levels. Nobody will ever be discriminated based on the way they play the game. It is about fun, meeting incredible people, and trying new equipment all at one of the world's best settings for golf.

Stay & Play
This is a Stay & Play Event and is only available for those that choose to sign up for the outing and are staying on property.

THP Members Only
The 4th Annual THP Golf Outing & Demo Day is available for THP members only and family of THP members. If a member would like to invite a friend we ask that they please sign up for the forum first. This outing is not open to the general public and will once again have no sales reps allowed. It is something that our members loved about the previous outings and we are keeping it this way again. The Demo Day portion of the outing is mandatory this year.

The 4th Annual THP Golf Outing & Demo Day is only available to a maximum of 60 golfers (as of right now). We are limiting it for a reason, so if you are planning on going, you must sign up by contacting Golfer Gal via email so that we can add you to the list. golfergal@thehackersparadise.com. Sign up will begin SOMETIME in October 2012. The official date will be announced soon.

Once you sign up, you will receive instructions on booking your room through the resort.

Misc.
Anybody under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
THP Outings are available for golfers of all skill levels and men and women alike.

Orlando is home to 'The Happiest Place on Earth' Disney World! There is also amazing shopping and restaurants so there is truly something for everyone.

To check out this fabulous resort go to their website at http://www.reunionresort.com/

Last edited:
This got me pretty excited! Cant wait for the signups to be announced!

Oh so excited for this!!!

Nice to see a non refundable deposit. Wish I could make this one. Have fun everybody!

Is it May yet? Can't wait to play Reunion!!!

That's an awesome deal. Can't wait for signups to start!

This is awesome! Wish I didnt have to go to a stupid wedding as I would try to make this work. This is going to be unreal.

WOW! Gonna take some finagling since school doesn't end now until the 20th...but I'm gonna make it happen!

Now that is a detailed post! Thanks a ton GG, I think you answered any possible questions.

I hope everyone reads this in its entirety. As you will see the prices are slightly better than last year. If you have any questions, I am here to answer them.

I'm wondering how many people skim the first post and email GG today to reserve a spot. Don't laugh, I almost did it!

GG, first dumb question of this thread: I assume that the cost only covers lodging for Friday night and Saturday night, or would it also include Thursday night since Demo Day is on Friday morning?

The prices seem pretty good.

Looking forward to signups. Pricing seems rather fair.

I hope everyone reads this in its entirety. As you will see the prices are slightly better than last year. If you have any questions, I am here to answer them.
The prices are flat-out INCREDIBLE for what we're getting IMO.

I'm wondering how many people skim the first post and email GG today to reserve a spot. Don't laugh, I almost did it!

GG, first dumb question of this thread: I assume that the cost only covers lodging for Friday night and Saturday night, or would it also include Thursday night since Demo Day is on Friday morning?

The price includes Lodging for Friday night and Saturday night, however, if you look below where it says 'Package Additions' it shows what the additional costs would be if you were to arrive early or stay late.

And LOL I am wondering how many emails I will get as well.

The prices seem pretty good.

Looking forward to signups. Pricing seems rather fair.

Going into last year, the Ultimate Weekend of Golf prices had gone up a fair amount with the additions of certain things. We wanted to get them down for everybody and think this year's prices are very fair for what everybody will be getting.

Don't forget that's US money, Breezy haha

Prices are definitely mroe than fair
The fact that they are in US money makes it even better.
Going into last year, the Ultimate Weekend of Golf prices had gone up a fair amount with the additions of certain things. We wanted to get them down for everybody and think this year's prices are very fair for what everybody will be getting.
I think for a couple especially the prices are great.

I can't wait till I graduate so I can actually make it to one of these. Already looking forward to the videos :)

Those bunkers. So many of them. lol

The resort looks amazing, I wish it would work into the schedule this year, but I already have that week booked out.

Hopefully I can make it work next year and bring the wife along as a tag along. For those non golfing spouses attending, do you just all go out shopping or get pampered at the resort while your significant other is out golfing and testing the most amazing equipment?

The resort looks amazing, I wish it would work into the schedule this year, but I already have that week booked out.

Hopefully I can make it work next year and bring the wife along as a tag along. For those non golfing spouses attending, do you just all go out shopping or get pampered at the resort while your significant other is out golfing and testing the most amazing equipment?

There is so much to do in the area and SO MUCH to do at the resort, nobody would be bored, that is for sure.

Back