Nike+ FuelBand for golf

I would be 2. Lol. I hear they are coming out with a slimmer fuel band. I develop software so I am typing all day. This thing doesn't look comfortable to type with all day. Guess I could wear it just wile playing, but that defeats the purpose right?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

I do my fair share of typing too, and this thing doesn't bother me one bit.

I do my fair share of typing too, and this thing doesn't bother me one bit.

doesn't bother me either. I had been wearing it with the larger link in it, but last night I switched to the smaller link before heading to the sim league. Didn't bother me once while hitting shots with it. In fact I forgot it was even there.

doesn't bother me either. I had been wearing it with the larger link in it, but last night I switched to the smaller link before heading to the sim league. Didn't bother me once while hitting shots with it. In fact I forgot it was even there.

yeah I had the link in mine, and with the droppage in weight the past 2 weeks I removed it and its nice and snug now

I got to try on a bunch of Fuelbands this weekend and couldn't find one that fit snug enough for me to want to own.

Was pretty disappointed by it, as I usually don't have issues wearing bracelets (Trion-Z) or watches..

Is he still with trion:z ?

I got to try on a bunch of Fuelbands this weekend and couldn't find one that fit snug enough for me to want to own.

Was pretty disappointed by it, as I usually don't have issues wearing bracelets (Trion-Z) or watches..
Did you try the small on?

Did you try the small on?

Yeah, the guy pulled out the medium and the small, all of which has three on the ring (no link, small link, large link) and none fit well.

Some designs are built for my boney-ish arms and some just aren't. I couldn't find one to fit snug enough to see myself golfing in.

that's kind of surprising dan-o. My wrists aren't very big and I use the M/L with the small link. If I want snugger I can remove the link. Have you tried the sizing tool on the website too?

A close friend has been using the Fuelband since Xmas and neither of us can figure out what it's tracking. If he waves his arm "hello," it actually gives him points. We once had a conversation with him sitting in my office...I think he earned 90 points. Lol. Anyway, the Jawbone UP interface/iPhone app is 10000 times more impressive and feature-filled that the Fuelband's interface/iPhone app. Both are comfortable, but at least with the UP, you get more feedback and features. I'm seriously contemplating the UP.

A close friend has been using the Fuelband since Xmas and neither of us can figure out what it's tracking. If he waves his arm "hello," it actually gives him points. We once had a conversation with him sitting in my office...I think he earned 90 points. Lol. Anyway, the Jawbone UP interface/iPhone app is 10000 times more impressive and feature-filled that the Fuelband's interface/iPhone app. Both are comfortable, but at least with the UP, you get more feedback and features. I'm seriously contemplating the UP.

I agree with the tracking part of it. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I have no clue what Fuel points are. I do know that when I hit my goal for the day I feel better about what I did that day. So while I don't think the numbers and features are anywhere near perfect, I like the motivation it gives me.

I dont pay much attention to the "fuel" earned, im using it more for the calories aspect

that's kind of surprising dan-o. My wrists aren't very big and I use the M/L with the small link. If I want snugger I can remove the link. Have you tried the sizing tool on the website too?

I'll have to give it another chance the next time I'm out. The guy had me try on two sizes that were supposed to be in succession, and one was too loose, while the other wouldn't shut on my wrist.

And with the UP, it will crap out on you in less than a month, and then you have to wait for a replacement for it from Jawbone.

Wife and I had the UP when it first came out. I sent it back 3 different times, as did she. When the 4th replacement crapped out, we decided to ditch them all together and got the $100 gift cards from Jawbone. They recently released a new one, and it is still plagued by the same problems.

If I switch to anything, it will be the fitbit flex when it is released.

I agree with the tracking part of it. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I have no clue what Fuel points are. I do know that when I hit my goal for the day I feel better about what I did that day. So while I don't think the numbers and features are anywhere near perfect, I like the motivation it gives me.
That's how I use it Dean. I set my "fuel points" relatively high, and it makes me be a bit more active to try and achieve that goal. I use it as a motivator, more than anything.

Paul Casey :love: fuelband

BAvyd8eCAAAee6y.jpg:large

picture from Nike's twitter page

Paul Casey makes me want one of these even more!!

If/When they connect these to Nike Golf 360 app I'll be in for sure.

I am still loving my Fuelband. I would love it if they added some kind of golf functionality to it but I still love it as is. Makes me want to get up and earn points which is a great thing. Plus it is a freaking cool watch!

I am still loving my Fuelband. I would love it if they added some kind of golf functionality to it but I still love it as is. Makes me want to get up and earn points which is a great thing. Plus it is a freaking cool watch!

agreed, I feel weird not having it on, grown so used to it

agreed, I feel weird not having it on, grown so used to it

I plugged mine in on Saturday to charge it up. I then got dressed and left the house to go do a bunch of things including hitting some golf clubs. As I'm driving I noticed I forgot the dang fuelband. I was so pissed I missed those points!! It's even better when you have a buddy that has one. A little competition is awesome for inspiration

I wear mine 24/7, minus when I swim or take a shower. I play a lot of tennis, no issues, however, I do not wear it when I play softball anymore. I threw a ball in from the outfield and the clasp snapped. Nike took care of it for me. I have used it for basketball as well and have not had any issues there although the possibility for issues could arise playing basketball due to the amount of contact. Regardless, I love my fuelband. I have a medium and with the extensions it fits just fine.

Love it as a watch!
I plugged mine in on Saturday to charge it up. I then got dressed and left the house to go do a bunch of things including hitting some golf clubs. As I'm driving I noticed I forgot the dang fuelband. I was so pissed I missed those points!! It's even better when you have a buddy that has one. A little competition is awesome for inspiration
I think we need to start some fuelpoint contests. I'm currently at 1,647 for today.

Love it as a watch!

I think we need to start some fuelpoint contests. I'm currently at 1,647 for today.

good lord! I'm only at 525. It's going to be a slow desk day for me as I have tons of work piled up and helpline duty this afternoon.

I have been wearing it to my sim league and it has not bothered me at all while swinging. I am liking it a little more I think it's a nice motivator. There are days where I know I do not reach my goals, but there is satisfaction when you see it lights up and says goal.

Wish they made an Android app for this. I would be tempted to get one as a motivator but as an Apple only version that's no good to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back