2013 Abu Dhabi Championship Thread (Spoilers)

So Rory gone back to the Scotty for today's round. In the presser he should have said "I am allowed a grace period for the putter as it's a personal thing but I will have the Method in the bag in the long run" instead of being adamant that the Method was fantastic.

TW with back to back birdies to move to +1 and into the top 50. How many advance to the weekend on the Euro tour?

Tiger is so clutch. That's three in a row to get two inside the cut line

Edit: spoke to soon..

+3 to even like that. Nice work.

This is nice to see.

This is nice to see.
Is it ever! Rounds like this show more gusto to me. Being behind the 8 ball so early, then clawing back and turning in a decent score hopefully. To me it shows how good he really is, to be able to rally like this after such a poor start.

If he wasnt +4 thru 5, this round couldve been something truly great.
+3 to even like that. Nice work.

This is nice to see.

Well, at least he will be around for the weekend so we don't have to listen to how BOTH top Nike staffers missed the cut.

I am gonna grow tired quickly of the equipment blame.....definitely not making any more putts with the Scotty in the bag. Must be because of the Covert. :dohanim:

Kaymer still gaming a SuperFast?

HE'S BACK!!! Cue the Elin rumors rejuvenating his comeback

Yikes....TW 80 yards left and Rory looks like he would have been OB based on his reaction and he is in the FW. LOL

I am gonna grow tired quickly of the equipment blame.....definitely not making any more putts with the Scotty in the bag. Must be because of the Covert. :dohanim:

It happens every time a great player switches and they miss any cut. Its always the equipments fault. Was it the gear's fault when he missed a few cuts last year? Of course not. Its just an easy excuse.

Well, at least he will be around for the weekend so we don't have to listen to how BOTH top Nike staffers missed the cut.

One thing is for sure, those beautiful Lunar Controls are not to blame.

Its an RBZ but its the version that was made to be super deep.

Cool, thanks. From just the quick glance at the sole and no adjustability I was a bit thrown off.

One thing is for sure, those beautiful Lunar Controls are not to blame.

I don't know man. Shoe stability is the base of the golf swing. Hahaha

It happens every time a great player switches and they miss any cut. Its always the equipments fault. Was it the gear's fault when he missed a few cuts last year? Of course not. Its just an easy excuse.

I'm waiting for the reverse to happen. For someone to say Overton got off to a good start because he made his equipment change.

Tiger just got handed a 2 shot penalty for moving an embedded ball on the 5th. Now misses the cut

Tiger just got handed a 2 shot penalty for moving an embedded ball on the 5th. Now misses the cut

Just hearing this now on our coverage as well. WOW

ETA: Martin Kaymer and TW both thought it was embedded but the official ruled otherwise later on.

Rory gone, Tiger gone as well now it seems..

There goes probably 10 ish million in appearance fee's down the drain after neither made the cut =(

Just hearing this now on our coverage as well. WOW

He called over Kaymer for a ruling, MK said yeah it's plugged you get relief. Not relief from embedded lie in sand or waste bunkers

Back