What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a nice 9 Prov. Way to swing!

84 today at Fox Lake, 41 front & 43 back. driving was good & hit 9 fairways. Had a couple drives in the 235-242 range so that felt good. Apporach shots were decent & once again my wedges were on fire, didn't miss a single green from 130 yds in. Putting really suffered though as I 3 putted 3 times. Greens were very slow & I just couldn't get a feel for them.

Hit 8 GIR's too but then this course better suits my game at 6,000 yds compared to the last couple 6,800 yd beasts I have played.

I shot a 42 on front 9, with an 8 on #2 lol, then the long iorns snuck in and devistated me. Only excuse I can come up with is Budwiser ..... I know, it's a push but those large horses had to have something to do with it

Gee, I feel almost embarrassed posting that I shot a 51 on the front and a 45 on the back for a 96 with 35 putts on Wednesday 7/24 LOL oh it's only the 4th time I broke 100 this year with still what...? 3 more months to go at least.

*Sigh* another 83, still pretty dissapointed with that. included 4 doubles, 7 Pars, 1 bird, rest bogeys. Missed a short 10 foot eagle putt today.

Then played an extra 9 and shot 39 (+3)

Shot an 87 today (Par 67). 46 on the front and 41 on the back. Played pretty good, and the work last weekend with the Teach 'n Towel definitely paid off with my iron and wedges.

My driver was erratic again, but not in the usual way. I've always been a slicer off the tee, but for some reason today I was putting everything left. Even hit a couple of nasty snap hooks off the tee. Thankfully this course has a lot of fairways that run parallel separated by palmetto patches so I just played the wrong fairway a few times. :D

Hit a 73 yesterday,putted well,other aspects need improving though.

Mr. Inconsistent – 48 on the front, 41 on the back….

short game was on - the rest...... no so!:bulgy-eyes:

41 on my home course, didn't shoot all that well for the first 3 holes then it came around. I only lost 5 balls, took 6 mulligans & played with 17 clubs in my bag, that's ok though right?:D

Shot a 40 (+4) on my home course, should have easily been around +1 or so despite I took a really stupid double on 7, and 3 putted a GIR on 2.

Played all 27 holes at Tubac today. Went 42/44/43. Consistency...consistently poor! I have got to figure out my irons. I was all over the map with them. I hit almost every fairway, but only a handful of greens. It is really taking me some time to get these new irons working for me. Soon...I can feel it coming.

Played 18 today and it was the tale of two nines. Front nine my short game was simply awful. Hit all but one fairway and iron play was better than it has been. The issue came to be around the green. The niblick was just off and my putting was terrible. I left every putt short whether it was 20 feet for 4 feet. Shot a 43 on the front.

Back nine had the same results with the driver and iron play but the Niblick caught fire. Chipped in one to save par and everything else was right there. My putting picked up and shot 37 on the back.

80 after that troubling start and not one birdie made me thrilled.

Tee shots were horrible (still having issues hooking my driver and topping my hybrid now) The only things I can look back on and say that were good were my putting (28 putts) and a 25' putt to save par on a 168yd par 3.

Chula Vista. Saturday. 18 holes.
baby-crying.jpg

'nuff said

We walked 18 today. We were the first ones off the tee, before sun up. A nice 86*at the start. Shot an 81, while falling apart on the last 3 holes. With no one in front of us, we were done in under three hours, which time wise was a good thing. However, in retrospect we may have played too fast, since we all played our last few holes in not so fine fashion most likely due to fatigue. Had some nice drives, and some very nice putts. :comp:

way to swing prov! I have trouble with fatigue on the back 9. Gonna start walking to get in shape.

We walked 18 today. We were the first ones off the tee, before sun up. A nice 86*at the start. Shot an 81, while falling apart on the last 3 holes. With no one in front of us, we were done in under three hours, which time wise was a good thing. However, in retrospect we may have played too fast, since we all played our last few holes in not so fine fashion most likely due to fatigue. Had some nice drives, and some very nice putts. :comp:

I would die for a 3hr round. Areound here it's at least 4 and my round yesterday was 5. Waited a lot on the back 9 (3 hours total)

First 9 holes I have played since Summer school started 8 weeks ago. Now that it is out, I can play again. Shot a 51(Par 36) at River Oaks in Grandview. 4 putted once 3 putted once and lost 4 balls:banghead: I'd like to think that I am just really rusty. If the short game was better that 51 would not have been on my scorecard. I ain't mad though. I am going back tomorrow. Hopefully the forecast is wrong and it does not rain here.

93 yesterday at a course called The Quarry- ouch. Amazing course, too bad I hacked it up. I cold shanked an iron shot that actually hit the sheer side of a cliff and went down a ravine on the other side of a fairway. The course was unique to say the least, and it kicked me all over the place.

93 yesterday at a course called The Quarry- ouch. Amazing course, too bad I hacked it up. I cold shanked an iron shot that actually hit the sheer side of a cliff and went down a ravine on the other side of a fairway. The course was unique to say the least, and it kicked me all over the place.

Man I would like to see that course. Next time you play it let us see some pics. If you would...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back