Clubs you want to love but can't

I don't know what it is. I haven't hit the 913 yet. Maybe that one will break the mold.

Add to the list the RBZ 3 wood. Off the tee I could hit it fine it would give me good low boring shots that ran forever. However off the turf it gave me lower boring shots that went nowhere.

I loved the RBZ off the tee. The fairway though I felt like I was trying to take driver off the deck. It just had no chance of being hit solid.

Cleveland Classic Driver. A lot of people love it but for some reason I could not hit it out of my shadow. I wanted to buy it on looks alone but when I demoed it the results were tragic.
I just can't seem to get over the sound of the Cleveland Classic. I know it's just me, but its sound annoys me.

Ping I20 3w - found a sweet deal on one, but the stock shaft just doesn't work for me.

had an adams a7 hybrid,stiff flex,was adamant i wanted a taylormade set with adams hybrid,the adams was like swinging lumber VERY HEAVY,just couldnt consistently keep it airborne,went with the burner 2.0 hybrid (which i love)

I have really tried to like the Nike irons and drivers. But for some reason, I never could get a good feel for them. They look great, others have great results with them. For me it just never worked out.

PING hybrids. I've only hit 2, but I had a bad experience with both of them. Ruined me on PING forever for no good reason.

Mashie F series FW metals. Think it had to do with the pronounced v on the leading edge but I struggled with these.

I'm probably going to be the lone person saying it in this thread, but I don't care: Seemore putters.

I also had a love/hate relationship with the Cleveland Classic driver: it was either really good and long, or my misses were off the planet. It just wasn't consistent, and while some of that was probably my swing, I blamed the club more. :alien:

me too dude, I tried and tried to hit the clevland classic, but I can't love it, can't hit it worth a damn, but the CG black was better. I have yet to try a seemore though

Ping I20 3w - found a sweet deal on one, but the stock shaft just doesn't work for me.

Did you try both shafts?

I would agree on SeeMore. Tried them three times now and none have worked out all that well.

THPing on Tapatalk

Hmm... There's a bunch for me...

Scotty Camerons. Closest one was the GoLo, but I just never got comfortable swinging it at the store. I'd like to try a squareback maybe to see, but they're just too much and I have plenty of putters.

G20 Driver. Was a distance dud for me. Shaft maybe?

R11/R11s. Another straight up distance dud. Weird, I know.

Last years 588 wedges. Worked with them at my fitters for a while too. Distance was just off. Sometimes it would be normal and sometimes it would be really short. Weird because I played CG wedges for years before the Bstones.

Every hybrid I tried before the J40. Hook city.

I swung the Cleveland Classic driver a few weeks ago and hit it very poorly. I am terrible with any driver, but I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Another was my first TM Corza Ghost putter. Thing was way too light and I just couldn't putt worth a darn with it (even though it was pretty)

I'll say a little THP blasphemy... I couldn't hit any Mashie. The old one, the new one, the fairway, all abysmal.

The list is long. Probably because i have to order all my clubs without testing them. The number one disappointment on the list is the Callaway FT-IQ from a few years back. I dropped some serious coin on the tour model. I played it for about two weeks and wanted to love it. I couldn't keep it on the planet. The FT-IQ 3w was a different story. I really liked it. I saved up for months to make the purchase. It was a terrible letdown. Golfsmith did let me return it but it spoiled my thoughts on Callaway. The second biggest disappointment was the Cameron Kombi belly putter. I bought into the belly putter craze and figured it could solve all the world's problems. I can't knock the putter but i learned after a solid 3 months with it, I'm not a belly putter. I also want to like the titleist line of irons. I've had a chance to hit a couple of them and they don't feel right to me.

RBZ Tour Spoon a monster off the tee but could not hit it off the deck to save my life
And the 913 D3 felt so mushy off the face no feed back

I was super disappointed with the results I got from the Titleist 910 D3 driver I swung last year. beautiful, solid club I just couldn't hit worth a darn

Last years anser driver.. I searched it out. Once I found it it was terrible.

Most clubs that I hit, sadly.

Not that I hate them all, just that I rarely get that "blown away" feeling where I feel like I NEED to purchase it. Last year it happened twice; once with my i20 irons, once with the 56° ATV wedge I tested (and then purchased a 50° after). I am PRAYING that it happens with a driver and 3 wood this year.

Ping i20 irons. After all the love on here, was disappointed how short and spinny they were for me.

Diablo edge tour driver. Tried a couple different flexes, but was just a random slice generator for me. Stiff Habenero (iirc) was like a metal bar to me.

Callaway FT-IZ. Hit it straight and too high. Hit it straight and too low. Hit it in the middle and hook it. Push it. Pull it. So excited when I got it.

4i and 5i on the RBZ irons, absolutely horrid

They're very length dependent. If they're too long for you, contact can be really sketchy. If they're measured to you (me for instance, they were about .75in? too long) then they become a little better.

Back