Swingbyte 2 Preview

pattont

Reaction score
Handicap
I saw a couple of pictures posted on Twitter and from the 2013 PGA Show coverage.

http://www.swingbyte.com/sb2

Looks pretty awesome. I can't wait to see reviews of this unit. Discuss!

Looks like some sweet features being added. These devices are just going to get more accurate with more data.

I agree. The price on this one is better for me. The others that are $250 are just 2 high. I think for $150, I am going to be getting one of these.

I wonder what the pricepoint would be. Might have an early candidate for a birthday present for myself in June

Definitely looks interesting. I remember at the last PGA Show when we learned about the first SwingByte. I can't wait to hear more about this.

Seems like they made some great improvements. Will definitely be pondering this when spring rolls around.

I wonder what the pricepoint would be. Might have an early candidate for a birthday present for myself in June

The last model was $150. I am assuming that they will bring it back in at that to stay competitive.

Didn't Gen1 just come out in September or something like that?

Hummm, wonder how this will work with the 1st generation. I know some of the features won't be possible but will there be a software upgrade to get some of the same features the 2 has?

That's the first gen one though.
I know but I figured, "kolosy" would be checking that thread first. Hopefully this thread will act as a good place for the 2nd generation information.

1st gen unit came out last April/May. The updated app, with the video and comparison features plus intelligent targeting will all be fully compatible with the 1st gen unit. The new hardware seems to mainly address the stability issue. It looks very solid and streamlined in the latest closeups...I just hope they haven't sacrificed much on weight to get the stability.

1st gen unit came out last April/May. The updated app, with the video and comparison features plus intelligent targeting will all be fully compatible with the 1st gen unit. The new hardware seems to mainly address the stability issue. It looks very solid and streamlined in the latest closeups...I just hope they haven't sacrificed much on weight to get the stability.

this :)

new app will work fully with sb1, sb2 focuses on stability, ease of attachment and alignment. no weight sacrificed :)

THP will have quite a bit on this in the coming days including a great video on THP TV.

THP will have quite a bit on this in the coming days including a great video on THP TV.

Can't wait. My birthday is coming up. I hear they are up for pre-order starting Feb. 14th according to their Twitter account.

The new features look pretty cool

OK, let me take advantage of Kolosy's helpfulness here with a question.

Will the intelligent targeting using the video function allow me to address the ball with my usual open-to-the-target clubface without worrying about that distorting the numbers? If so, that would be unbelievable. I believe all these on-the-club swing analysis devices currently depend on precise aiming of the clubface at the target during address...any aiming error affects their numbers.

OK, let me take advantage of Kolosy's helpfulness here with a question.

Will the intelligent targeting using the video function allow me to address the ball with my usual open-to-the-target clubface without worrying about that distorting the numbers? If so, that would be unbelievable. I believe all these on-the-club swing analysis devices currently depend on precise aiming of the clubface at the target during address...any aiming error affects their numbers.

that's exactly right! the only thing that will matter now is the target line set in the video, not how you address the ball. the new app adds a new data point - "face at address", which is the orientation of the club face at address relative to the target line...

Thanks Kolosy. I don't suppose the new targeting will also correct for the unit not being attached at exactly the 3:00 position? If it doesn't, is there any practical way of doing that? I feel like I can eyeball it within a degree, so personally I'm not too concerned (and it sounds like the SB2 hardware will make precise alignment on the shaft easier, which I'll probably buy), but I've read others' concern about this with the 1st gen unit.

Thanks Kolosy. I don't suppose the new targeting will also correct for the unit not being attached at exactly the 3:00 position? If it doesn't, is there any practical way of doing that? I feel like I can eyeball it within a degree, so personally I'm not too concerned (and it sounds like the SB2 hardware will make precise alignment on the shaft easier, which I'll probably buy), but I've read others' concern about this with the 1st gen unit.

unfortunately, no. that's one of the reasons the sb2 unit goes in the 12 o'clock position - it is​ easier to align.

Got my swingbyte 2 yesterday. Must say this is a nice device. Extremely easy to attach and align. Only got to try putting indoors with it and it recorded all strokes flawlessly. Will try full swings with other clubs this weekend.

Have one on the way also. Want it mainly for my driver, having an issue feeling how much inside or outside I am bringing it back and figured this may help me.

What is the wait time to receive one if I order now?

Not sure, I pre-ordered awhile agoo. I did receive a shipment notification from DHL with tracking number, it shipped on 05/28 and is still sitting in China undergoing inspections, etc. I imagine it will be here by the end of June.

Back