SCOR Wedge Review Thread - THP Forum Testing

Got ya. I think you did mention that you were hooking it but I must have forgot.

If I had to buy this minute, I would not get the 44 because I hook it more than my current R11 PW. When I strike the 44 and look up to see flight it is hooking more than I expected.

I should have stated in the first evaluation, all these clubs will be evaluated in relation to my current set of R11 PW, AW, TM Rac tp 52 and Titleist sm 60.

Here is maybe a better statement: And at this point, I will definitely replace the AW with the Scor 48 and 52. The 44 could not replace the R11 PW YET. I'm really liking the Scor 56. The Titleist or TM 60 have been my "goto" clubs forever so the Scor 60 is holding its own against stiff competition.

Makes sense. thanks lefty!

If I had to buy this minute, I would not get the 44 because I hook it more than my current R11 PW. When I strike the 44 and look up to see flight it is hooking more than I expected.

I should have stated in the first evaluation, all these clubs will be evaluated in relation to my current set of R11 PW, AW, TM Rac tp 52 and Titleist sm 60.

Here is maybe a better statement: And at this point, I will definitely replace the AW with the Scor 48 and 52. The 44 could not replace the R11 PW YET. I'm really liking the Scor 56. The Titleist or TM 60 have been my "goto" clubs forever so the Scor 60 is holding its own against stiff competition.

FWIW, I couldnt game my SCOR PW either. I did a pretty extensive head to head against the R11 PW and the R11 PW was just more consistent. The solid shots were all solid, but the misses were less penal than with my SCOR.

The higher lofted clubs are much different and are the best I have ever seen around the green.

FWIW, I couldnt game my SCOR PW either. I did a pretty extensive head to head against the R11 PW and the R11 PW was just more consistent. The solid shots were all solid, but the misses were less penal than with my SCOR.

The higher lofted clubs are much different and are the best I have ever seen around the green.

I don't find any of the Scor wedges easier to hit or more forgiving than any of my other various wedges. And, yes, maybe even a little less "forgiving."

I didn't hook the 44 yesterday before my round, actually hit it pretty straight but very high. It seems the hooks are related to trying to get a little more distance (hitting too hard.) The only thing of note yesterday during my round was high flights of all the wedges. Seems that with firm ground, I'm going to get high, very high shots. That will be interesting today with lots of wind.

When you guys are talking about forgiveness, are you talking about left-right? I'd give up a little straightness if I could hit them more solidly off different lies.

When you guys are talking about forgiveness, are you talking about left-right? I'd give up a little straightness if I could hit them more solidly off different lies.

Yes, for me, so far anyway, I'm never sure about left-right until the ball is in the air. It varies and I prefer some consistency. As for solidly off different lies, I'm not sure there is very much difference, some but not much. Hitting solid out of rough, from 44-56 are very similar to my other 56* wedges. I don't try to hit 60* wedges from rough very often. And for hitting solid off of fairway, I don't know, not many swings on anything but soft wet fairways.

I was able to get out for probably my most in depth range session with the wedges. I had about an hour and a half before sundown after work, so I worked with the wedges for most of the session and on the driver for a bit as well. I tried to put the wedges through all kinds of shots in order to judge how easy it is to manipulate the trajectory among other things.

Similar to Lefty, I am starting to fight a little bit of a draw-hook with the longer 2 wedges. However, I have also been fighting more of a draw ball flight with the majority of my clubs these past few months. I had always been a fade-type player, but only recently started developing the draw. With that said, I was able to work the 43 and 47 left to right pretty much at will. Whether it be lower punch-draws or higher draws, the ball was doing what I expected it to do. Working it right to left was a bit tougher for me as it seemed like I would almost go right under the ball or I would fan it out to the left a bit. It is unfortunate because I really like these longer clubs around the greens, but I seemed to hit my other 9-iron and PW much more consistently with the full swing, so I'm not sure if the short game trade off is worth it.

I also really felt like I could keep these a bit lower when needed with more of a punch shot. I really liked this shot with the majority of the SCOR clubs and they came out low and straight. It is definitely a shot that I could see myself going to more in windy conditions. I am really struggling in choking down and hitting a shorter shot with these, but I have never really choked down with any of my golf clubs, so that could just be something that I need a little more familiarity with. With a standard swing, these clubs do seem to fly a bit high, but I wouldn't consider it too high as I am not really losing any distance between these and my older clubs. I also really focused on the 1/2 and 3/4 shots with the 55* and the 59*. These shots seem to have a great mid-trajectory and hop and stop pretty consistently. As I have mentioned before, I have never really gamed anything over a 56*, but I am really enjoying having a higher lofted wedge in the bag.

I am also hitting a few more chunky shots with these than I am used to, but I am hoping to see those types of shots decrease in time. We have gotten some rain recently, but the range I was at today had a pretty firm hitting area, so I don't think that was a reason for hitting a few shots fat.

Hopefully this weekend I can take advantage of the great weather and get some more practice time in either on the course or around the practice greens (or both). I am really going to focus on the fuller shots with the 9-iron and PW in hopes that I can become a bit more comfortable with them in the long run. I may try to get them in a simulator to compare them to my AP2s, but I don't really know what that would accomplish as I would think that I can judge them against each other pretty well on the range.

I was able to get out for probably my most in depth range session with the wedges. I had about an hour and a half before sundown after work, so I worked with the wedges for most of the session and on the driver for a bit as well. I tried to put the wedges through all kinds of shots in order to judge how easy it is to manipulate the trajectory among other things.

Similar to Lefty, I am starting to fight a little bit of a draw-hook with the longer 2 wedges. However, I have also been fighting more of a draw ball flight with the majority of my clubs these past few months. I had always been a fade-type player, but only recently started developing the draw. With that said, I was able to work the 43 and 47 left to right pretty much at will. Whether it be lower punch-draws or higher draws, the ball was doing what I expected it to do. Working it right to left was a bit tougher for me as it seemed like I would almost go right under the ball or I would fan it out to the left a bit. It is unfortunate because I really like these longer clubs around the greens, but I seemed to hit my other 9-iron and PW much more consistently with the full swing, so I'm not sure if the short game trade off is worth it.

I also really felt like I could keep these a bit lower when needed with more of a punch shot. I really liked this shot with the majority of the SCOR clubs and they came out low and straight. It is definitely a shot that I could see myself going to more in windy conditions. I am really struggling in choking down and hitting a shorter shot with these, but I have never really choked down with any of my golf clubs, so that could just be something that I need a little more familiarity with. With a standard swing, these clubs do seem to fly a bit high, but I wouldn't consider it too high as I am not really losing any distance between these and my older clubs. I also really focused on the 1/2 and 3/4 shots with the 55* and the 59*. These shots seem to have a great mid-trajectory and hop and stop pretty consistently. As I have mentioned before, I have never really gamed anything over a 56*, but I am really enjoying having a higher lofted wedge in the bag.

I am also hitting a few more chunky shots with these than I am used to, but I am hoping to see those types of shots decrease in time. We have gotten some rain recently, but the range I was at today had a pretty firm hitting area, so I don't think that was a reason for hitting a few shots fat.

Hopefully this weekend I can take advantage of the great weather and get some more practice time in either on the course or around the practice greens (or both). I am really going to focus on the fuller shots with the 9-iron and PW in hopes that I can become a bit more comfortable with them in the long run. I may try to get them in a simulator to compare them to my AP2s, but I don't really know what that would accomplish as I would think that I can judge them against each other pretty well on the range.

Im not good at all with my SCOR's in wet lies. Chunk city! I haven't ran into a problem with hooks with my 44 yet. I have been pushing everything left. It's been going straight with little to no right to left, just a push. This may be caused by the sole grabbing a little more turf than I am used to and causing me the club to open up a little more than I'm used too.

Jank may be on to something, I will try hitting some knock down shots to keep the ball lower and see how that goes. It is usually the other way around for me, I normally hit wedges pretty low with some spin and have to try to hit it high when high is needed. With these Scor, high is "normal" and I will have to try to hit it low when I don't want high.

I think we're all noticing some common characteristics of our play with these wedges right now. I feel like there is somewhat of a learning curve with the Scor wedges, but I'm having difficulty describing EXACTLY what it is I'm learning. I will say that as I've been using them more and more, I'm feeling more and more confident with them. But for me, as I'm gaining an understanding of my play with the Scor wedges, it's been a little bit of "two steps forward and one step back." Just in that I'm thinking I'm getting the hang of these wedges, then I try something different, and then that seems to work better than what I was doing before.

I'm making better contact and not hitting them fat much any more. I think that has to do with me being more at ease with them. At first, I was trying to step on the shot and hit it 95% to 100% and I feel I was crouching my legs to get more power. The good shots were really good, but the fat shots were REALLY Fat! When I concentrate on the front of the ball during my swing and stand tall during my swing, I make great contact and the precision of the club head just has me hitting nice consistent shots.

I am also flighting the ball lower by keeping the wrist cock well into the hit, and having my hands well forward of the ball at contact. My divots are shallow, so I'm not digging, and the lower ball flight has me feeling more confident, and the directional consistency is really good. Just nice straight shots towards my target.

So that learning curve I was referring to has me hitting 80% shots now and purposely flighting them lower witht he ball position back a bit and holding my release longer. I may use the 48 or 52 now where I was stepping on a 56 before (and coming up short quite a lot). The quality of my shots has increased, and I'm making better ball contact. I've mostly tried this approach on the range as my playing time has suffered with some job/work priorities. So it's time for me to take these out to the course and see how the shots react on the greens.

I also really felt like I could keep these a bit lower when needed with more of a punch shot. I really liked this shot with the majority of the SCOR clubs and they came out low and straight. It is definitely a shot that I could see myself going to more in windy conditions.

Jank may be on to something, I will try hitting some knock down shots to keep the ball lower and see how that goes. It is usually the other way around for me, I normally hit wedges pretty low with some spin and have to try to hit it high when high is needed. With these Scor, high is "normal" and I will have to try to hit it low when I don't want high.

We had decent conditions today for the first time in a while. It was cold and windy at the start but turned pretty nice by the back nine and the ground is fairly well drained but still a little spongy. What I have done the last few days when it is so cold is carry the 44, 52, and 60. My thinking is that the gaps are so small since the ball is not carrying that 8 degrees would still pretty small gaps. I too am still working through a learning curve and each day hitting a few more better shots.

I have started using a different shot around greens because of wet conditions. I've started using the 44 to bump and run short shots and made a couple of very difficult up and downs today. I think the design of the sole makes this type shot a bit easier than with the R11 PW as far as controlling the rollout. (just keeping the ball back in the stance and holding the wrist firm with a putter-like stroke.)

High light shot today was the 60 from 83 yards off a slope with ball above my feet. Instead of playing it way left because lies like that normally cause me to yank and hook, I played it just a bit left, maybe 4 yards, and was amazed at how straight the ball flew, only a tiny, tiny draw. It sat down and left me a one foot putt. Boom, a little more confidence gained!

Nice lefty! Glad you got out and hit some nice shots with these beauties. Keep up the great review work everyone! I have to live vicariously while the snow is on the ground here...

Well for the past few weeks I have been hitting wedges almost exclusively to try and develop a new swing. So the 57* has gotten a real workout. I really do enjoy these wedges. First off I love the grips. The 2 dots is a nice feature to help you in figuring out choke down points for in between shots. I almost feel like all grips should come standard with this.

The wedge frames the ball very nicely. I have a ton of confidence with the 57* especially on full shots. Usually with a LW, I can struggle with fats on full shots from the fairway. The sole on these matches up well with my swing apparently as I just don't seem to fat shots with these unless it is very wet out.

Given a tip from Freddie when we played, I have learned to utilize the variable bounce. Open the face up and aim left. I have been practicing with this especially on chips and pitches. It really has added a new dimension to my short game. I can throw the ball up a little higher with ease now. One thing I do want is a little bit more weight to these. I'm sure you can order them that way though. I like to have a very heavy wedge especially in the delicate chips and pitches. I am just more aware of where the head is when it's heavy.

Well, I was looking to try something different wedge wise and after reading some of these threads I got 50&55* score wedges. They were waiting for me when I got home yesterday. I took them out for some short game practice and range time today to try to get a feel for them.
So far I'm liking them. The reviews here gave me a good starting place and for the most part have been right on with what I did today. I like the weight and feel of the clubs as the blend nicely with my i20s that are about 1 swing weight heavier than stock.
The ball does fly higher off these clubs, and I do seem to be generating more spin.
The only thing I noticed that I wasn't expecting is the divots I was taking. Any one else getting some bigger than normal divots? Range was still a little wet, so that may have something to do with it, maybe the bounce of the club or the heavier weight but I was taking some PGA tour sized divots. Anyway, thanks for the info from the testers. Hopefully I'll make it to the course tomorrow.

First, congratulations on the new wedges! I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Your experiences with the Scor wedges are very similar to mine. I was taking some large divots at first, especially in wet conditions. That calmed down for me at about my third time out with them.

I am really enjoying my Scor wedges from just off the greens as the directional accuracy is really good. Today I hit my 48 degree wedge from 4 feet off the putting surfact to a pin 25 feet away - little bounce and about six feet of roll - right in the cup. Sort of a putting style swing straight back and thru, with a little wrist break. Works perfect. That was the only one that went in, but I had about four others that rolled by the pin within 12 inches or so. Most were about 3-5 feet past, so still need to work on my distances.

Well, I was looking to try something different wedge wise and after reading some of these threads I got 50&55* score wedges. They were waiting for me when I got home yesterday. I took them out for some short game practice and range time today to try to get a feel for them.
So far I'm liking them. The reviews here gave me a good starting place and for the most part have been right on with what I did today. I like the weight and feel of the clubs as the blend nicely with my i20s that are about 1 swing weight heavier than stock.
The ball does fly higher off these clubs, and I do seem to be generating more spin.
The only thing I noticed that I wasn't expecting is the divots I was taking. Any one else getting some bigger than normal divots? Range was still a little wet, so that may have something to do with it, maybe the bounce of the club or the heavier weight but I was taking some PGA tour sized divots. Anyway, thanks for the info from the testers. Hopefully I'll make it to the course tomorrow.

Last edited:
SCOR Wedge Testing- 18 Holes

SCOR Wedge Testing- 18 Holes

I was able to get out for 18 holes yesterday with my SCOR wedges in the bag. I had a very good day out there and a lot of that was due to the SCORs performance. I hit the full range of shots with them during my round with every club except for the 61* and I saw a lot of the same things that I had seen previously as well as some new information about the wedges. I used the Bridgestone e5 for my whole round and saw some wet conditions as well as some dry.

The first thing I would like to comment on is the full swing aspect of these clubs. Since some sets go all the way down to a 9 iron replacement, full swing performance is a very big factor in these wedges. I have a PW replacement as well as a 49* for my gap wedge and those are what I hit the majority of my full swings with. The feel of these clubs when struck well is second to none that I have tried. They play as blades and really give a great feel when struck. On top of that, the versatility of these wedges is very useful on full shots as well. I am able to flight these down or even up when needed (which is something I have never been able to do before) and that is really great for me. Whenever I am in the 95-125 yard range, I have confidence that I will step up and put it close with these clubs.

While I haven’t hit a ton of bad shots with these, from what I have gathered the forgiveness is not too good. Hitting it off the toe shows significant distance loss, though not too far off line. That is my prominent miss, so I’ll keep closer tabs on this as the testing progresses. One thing I do really like about these in the forgiveness department is the thin sole. It allows them to cut through the turf and really eliminates a lot of distance loss on fat shots as well as reduces impact on the wrists. Obviously they are not fat-proof, but they are as close as anything I have ever hit on full swings.

My round yesterday also allowed me to have some more time to figure out ball position on pitch shots. I am really learning how to groove these wedges for the shot I want, and with that, I am starting to see some more spin out of these. When you hit a crisp pitch with these, they will spin as much as anything out there IMO. It really adds to the performance of these because it allows me to hit different types of shots and it helps me manipulate distance control. The same thing applies for short chip shots. When you can hit them clean and figure out the right ball position for the shot you want to play, the combination of feel and spin is allowing me to chip them very close.

I was able to test out the V-Sole technology on multiple occasions yesterday with different shots requiring different bounces. For the most part, this comes into play on my 57* wedge as it is what I hit most of my pitches from 25 yards and in with. I am having absolutely no problem getting the leading edge under the ball and having the club slide underneath for a lob shot or a flop shot in dry conditions. I did, however, have a bit of a problem yesterday with a wet lie. I had to lob the ball up a bit, and when I swung the club just dug into the turf and stayed there. The higher bounce part of the V-Sole did not appear to do anything when faced with that shot, and that is something that I loved about my old 56* Vokey. I used to not have to worry much about thick shots in the wetness because the bounce would repel it, but that does not seem to be the case with the SCORs. On the other hand, the high bounce part of the sole works great in fluffy lies in the bunker. I have had no issues with fluffing one out of soft sand in the bunker with these wedges thus far. I’m not too sure of why the V-Sole seems to work in some situations but not others, though I will make sure to watch it closely in the coming weeks.

Overall, it was a good round of golf with the SCORs and they really performed well for me for the most part. There are certainly some things that I will keep my eye on with these wedges, but I like what I am seeing. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will get back to you as quickly and as thoroughly as possible.

Really good info Dam. Do you think the forgiveness has more to do with it being such a small club head?

I agree 100% with your thoughts on the distance loss on the toe mishits & how they help with fat misses. However, they arent bad enough to make me consider replacing them in my bag.

Really good info Dam. Do you think the forgiveness has more to do with it being such a small club head?

Yes I would think so. Like I said, it plays as a blade so to expect something big in the forgiveness department would be silly IMO. It clearly was not built to be a forgiving club IMO.

Great thoughts Charlie. I always have issues when the ground is wet and chunking the ball a little. But the sole on this club is very easy to change the trajectory on shots

I was able to get out for 18 holes yesterday with my SCOR wedges in the bag. I had a very good day out there and a lot of that was due to the SCORs performance. I hit the full range of shots with them during my round with every club except for the 61* and I saw a lot of the same things that I had seen previously as well as some new information about the wedges. I used the Bridgestone e5 for my whole round and saw some wet conditions as well as some dry.

The first thing I would like to comment on is the full swing aspect of these clubs. Since some sets go all the way down to a 9 iron replacement, full swing performance is a very big factor in these wedges. I have a PW replacement as well as a 49* for my gap wedge and those are what I hit the majority of my full swings with. The feel of these clubs when struck well is second to none that I have tried. They play as blades and really give a great feel when struck. On top of that, the versatility of these wedges is very useful on full shots as well. I am able to flight these down or even up when needed (which is something I have never been able to do before) and that is really great for me. Whenever I am in the 95-125 yard range, I have confidence that I will step up and put it close with these clubs.

While I haven’t hit a ton of bad shots with these, from what I have gathered the forgiveness is not too good. Hitting it off the toe shows significant distance loss, though not too far off line. That is my prominent miss, so I’ll keep closer tabs on this as the testing progresses. One thing I do really like about these in the forgiveness department is the thin sole. It allows them to cut through the turf and really eliminates a lot of distance loss on fat shots as well as reduces impact on the wrists. Obviously they are not fat-proof, but they are as close as anything I have ever hit on full swings.

My round yesterday also allowed me to have some more time to figure out ball position on pitch shots. I am really learning how to groove these wedges for the shot I want, and with that, I am starting to see some more spin out of these. When you hit a crisp pitch with these, they will spin as much as anything out there IMO. It really adds to the performance of these because it allows me to hit different types of shots and it helps me manipulate distance control. The same thing applies for short chip shots. When you can hit them clean and figure out the right ball position for the shot you want to play, the combination of feel and spin is allowing me to chip them very close.

I was able to test out the V-Sole technology on multiple occasions yesterday with different shots requiring different bounces. For the most part, this comes into play on my 57* wedge as it is what I hit most of my pitches from 25 yards and in with. I am having absolutely no problem getting the leading edge under the ball and having the club slide underneath for a lob shot or a flop shot in dry conditions. I did, however, have a bit of a problem yesterday with a wet lie. I had to lob the ball up a bit, and when I swung the club just dug into the turf and stayed there. The higher bounce part of the V-Sole did not appear to do anything when faced with that shot, and that is something that I loved about my old 56* Vokey. I used to not have to worry much about thick shots in the wetness because the bounce would repel it, but that does not seem to be the case with the SCORs. On the other hand, the high bounce part of the sole works great in fluffy lies in the bunker. I have had no issues with fluffing one out of soft sand in the bunker with these wedges thus far. I’m not too sure of why the V-Sole seems to work in some situations but not others, though I will make sure to watch it closely in the coming weeks.

Overall, it was a good round of golf with the SCORs and they really performed well for me for the most part. There are certainly some things that I will keep my eye on with these wedges, but I like what I am seeing. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will get back to you as quickly and as thoroughly as possible.

Seems like we are all having a bit of trouble with wet lies.

With new irons, wedges and frozen weather; I brought my SCOR 49 and Mizuno PW (45 deg) to the PGA SS in NJ to check the gap between them on the launch monitor.
The Mizuno PW was delivering nice tight dispersion, but the SCOR was a laser! Dead straight literally every shot, with a few landing in the target.
I still have to get to know how these things behave when I'm not hitting off a mat, but so far I am very happy.

I actually got to play some golf today! We have been plagued with terrible weather here lately. But anyway, I took the SCOR wedges and my other wedges out and did a side by side test with some surprising results. By surprised I mean not what I was expecting. I actually did what had been done before with DDXU and Shawn from SCOR golf did at the outing last year. I played nine holes today, and from 150 in I used both my old wedges and my SCOR wedges and played two balls. I would hit from an identical lie and distance each time. All shots were using a Bridgestone B6 ball. Here are the results...

HOLE #1. Clubs used- 60 degree scor and Vokey 58/08. My drive left me with about 67 yards short right of the green. I had a slightly downhill lie in some wet, thicker grass. We had a bad ice storm last week here so it was wet and soft everywhere from the recent thaw. The green is also surrounded by bunkers in the front and a very steep drop off to the back. I have to admit with my recent battle with the chunk I was a bit worried about this. I really wanted to hit a little bump and run but the bunkers wouldn't allow it. First up was the SCOR. I did fat it a little. Not too awful bad though. The ball went where I was aiming, just about 10 yds short because of the fatness. Next was the Vokey. I did adjust my swing a little to try to keep my wrists quiet, and the result was a much better shot. I landed about 5 paces on the green with about a six inch rollout towards the cup. Chalk one up to the Vokey.

Hole 2. Clubs used 44 scor and rbz pw 45*. A poor drive and second shot left me about 140 ish out. I feel really comfortable with this distance and with either club in my hand. I had a really tough third shot ahead of me. It's a 140 carry to the green from here with a large ravine/gully between me and the green. I had a lie that was pretty sketchy that was in the low part of a mound. Picture a mound and someone has scooped the middle out of it. I have to brag on the v sole design here. It really performed here. I hit the Rbz first and I could feel the ground attacking the sole as i hit the ball. The result was I landed about 25 yards short of the green and the ball plugged in the hillside. Next was the SCOR. Same lie, different results! As stated earlier I could feel the ground interact with the club, but the SCOR seemed to cut thru it better. I ended up with a nice high ball flight and a decent shot that landed on the green about 15 feet left of my target. I would be happy with this shot everyday. I could really tell the difference here. I felt the ground grab the RBZ as opposed to the smoother feel of the SCOR. To the victor go the SCOR's...lame I know.

Hole 3. Clubs used 44 SCOR and RBZ 9 iron. Nice little 150 yard par three over a mountain where u can't see the green. The groundskeeper actually has a mirror placed in the tree behind the tee box so you can see if the green is clear. Totally blind tee shot. 150 yds is a bit much for me with a wedge here, but I decided to give the SCOR a shot anyway. I hit the SCOR first. If I overswing I have a tendency to hook the ball. I knew this was a stretch distance wise, and I needed to pure it to get it that far. I did aim left of the green and depended on my hook to show itself. It did. Nice high ball flight and I got the distance I needed out of it, but was about 5 ft. off the green to the right. Once again, not ideal, but I'll take it. I hit the RBZ 9 pretty crappy. I missed out on the toe and ended up 50 yds short of the green on the left. I played my SCOR ball out but couldn't find my ball I hit with the RBZ. I hit a nice little bump and run to about ten feet with my 48 SCOR. I did however miss the par save. Oh well.

hole 4. Clubs used 52 SCOR and 52/08 Vokey. Drive left me with about 105 to the front edge, with the pin just behind it. Nice level lie in some wet fairway grass. First the Vokey. Hit a good shot, put a little too much on it, landed in the middle of the green with about 3-4 feet of rollout. Next up was the SCOR. Chunked it about 5 ft in front of me. Calmed down and used the same club again. This one didnt fade left on me and was right in line with my target. It landed about 10 feet past the hole with no rollout. It stayed in its own ball mark on the green. Indian and not the arrow I'd say.

Hole 5 used 56 SCOR and 55 RBZ. Drive left me about 90-95 yards out. Slight uphill lie with the ball above my feet. I hit the SCOR first. I didn't chunk this one. Nice little shot here about 15 feet right of the pin. Nice high ball flight and good results...bird! Next was the RBZ. I felt the toe hit the ground first and the club turned in my hand. About 8 yards short left of the green. I used the 56 SCOR and the 55 RBZ to chip with here. Both were uphill lies again and both ended up about five 5 from the pin.

Hole 6 used 44 SCOR and RBZ pw 45*. Drive left me 140 out. Had to hit over another gully/ravine to a skinny yet long green that sits perpendicular to your approach. It's only about 5 yds deep, but every bit of 30 yds long. I have wasted more good tee shots on this hole than any other. I hit the SCOR first with a nice little draw that landed on the green and had a pretty decent rollout of about 6-8 feet. i was left with an 8 footer for eagle which i missed but the bird still chirped. i tried to recreate this with the RBZ but didn't get any draw. The result was a straight shot that missed the green left and ended up being a little long. It plugged in the mud above the green. I thought it was close enough to the green to chutt but it wasn't. I unplugged it and chutted it anyway. Thanks Mike Dean!

hole 7 used 52 SCOR and 52 Vokey. 120 yd par three that's extremely downhill. Plays about like 110. Got green-o's with both. SCOR was hit a little left of target, but so was the Vokey. Both two putts, both pars.

hole 8 used 44 SCOR and RBZ pw. If u ever want me to spend an eternity in purgatory, cremate me and spread my ashes on this hole. It's a very simple 140yd wedge to a nice flat level green, but it's an island green sitting on top of a mountain. If you don't hit the green everything funnels downhill about 80 below the hole. I hate it. I may hit the green 3/10 times. I hit the SCOR first. Again I hit a draw which I hadn't been seeing much until today. Nice ball flight, nice distance, landed right of the green and rolled down the hill about 10-15 feet. I was pretty pumped the grass was long enough to hold this one. Next was the RBZ wedge. Pretty decent shot, landed just short of the green and plugged on me. Easy uphill chip from there. Since they were both off the green I took my 48 degree SCOR to hit both. I hit the ball that was plugged first. I unplugged it first (winter rules) and hit a nice flop shot to about 6 feet to save par. Next was the SCOR. This ball came to rest about 15 feet right of the green with an extreme uphill lie in some pretty decent length rough. The wedge performed nicely here and the ball came out a bit hotter than I expected. I flew over the pin 10 feet but still had a marketable par putt. I missed though.

Hole 9. Used the 48 SCOR and 50 RBZ wedge. Tee shot left me 125 out with the ball below my feet with an uphill shot to the green. I decided to use the RBZ wedge first. I didn't make very good contact at all. Ball went sailing way left and landed about 40 yards right of the green next to the parking lot. I did hit the SCOR much better here. It still went left, just not as bad. I was next to the green just left of a bunker with about 50 ft to the hole. I wanted to hit a flop shot here over the bunker so I used the 52 SCOR wedge, opened it up and played it towards the front of my stance. I was pleased with how this turned out. I find the scor wedges really easy to open up and control. I hit this one really nice. It landed 3 feet above the hole and just sat there. Shot of the day for me! Now on to the ball next to the parking lot. I had about 40 yds left. I took my SCOR 60 and gripped down and tried to swing about 70% I guess. I ended up just short of the green. I chipped again with the 60 to about 8 feet.

I had a pretty good day and just enjoyed golf. I was surprised I didn't chunk that many today because of how wet the course was. I really enjoy the SCOR wedges but I didn't see the improvement I was expecting. I do however believe the V-sole performs really well in most conditions. I'm still not sold on it when the ground is wet.

Fantastic comprehensive review, biglee. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Scor wedges are still on my pondering list of new wedges to purchase this year.
Very surprised to hear your results of the TM vs. the Scors in the those conditions.

Just catching up. Lots of good stuff guys.

Interesting about the wet lies. One of my least favorite things now.

Sounds like you have gotten more comfortable opening the face on these?

Back