Covering up these sexy legs is a crime, so shorts any time it's over 60°.
See I have got some major cankles. The best lookin Cankles out there, but still cankles lol

If it is warm enough I am wearing shorts every time! If it's cold then I am wearing khakis or golf pants. Golf pants look way better than jeans and you are a lot less restricted in movement.

I always play in pants.. I got bitten by a tick an got Lyme disease.. I don't take any chances anymore

All depends on the weather for me. I don't know how people play in jeans.

I personally prefer pants over shorts. I've got quite a few pair of pants. The only time I wear shorts is during the summers down here when it's way too hot to wear shorts. Even then, if I'm just going out for a quick nine after work, I'll just wear the pants I wore to work.

I love wearing a nice pair of golf pants on the course. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of time during the year that I do because I would rather not roast in the NC heat and humidity.

There are many good reasons to wear long pants including warmth, protection from plants and bugs, sun protection and shielding other players from ugly legs. That said, if you stay in the fairway the bugs and plants are not such an issue, I can wear sun screen and here in FL it is rarely so cool as to need the warmth. And the heck with the fact that I have skinny legs.

However I never wear denim. I don't think it keeps you warm or cool and only looks good on certain bodies.

I know there are some who argue that they pay hundreds for denim and are not allowed to wear them on the course. Hey, if you can pay hundreds for jeans you can pay $30 or so for slacks that conform. That's a different topic.

Pants are nice for those cooler days with a little wind blowing. I typically wear shorts but when the weather calls for it I will wear pants and they are just as comfortable and my shorts and don't restrict movement at all.

Pants. I played a little over 100 rounds last year, hot, humid rainy, Florida heat, Finnish heat. 1 round in Florida and 1 round in Finland with shorts. I like the look, the feel and in my opinion, they keep me cool. You just have to have the right kind of pants.

Depends on the course for me and who I'm playing with. If I'm at a public course with my girlfriend's father for a fun round, it's all shorts. The majority of my golf is at private course where either I work or a friend works, so have to look my best at all times and for those times, it's pants.

Pants. I played a little over 100 rounds last year, hot, humid rainy, Florida heat, Finnish heat. 1 round in Florida and 1 round in Finland with shorts. I like the look, the feel and in my opinion, they keep me cool. You just have to have the right kind of pants.
What kind do you wear? If you don't mind me asking? Nike? If so, what style?

I played one round in shorts last year. Every other round was in pants. Indiana, Florida, Ohio, heat all in pants, all day. Played 45 holes in May, in Florida, in pants. Was called crazy at least once. I wouldn't worry about what you look like, as long as you comfortable with what you have on I wouldn't worry about it.

There are some great pieces of advice in this thread. First, who cares what you look like on the course as long as YOU like it? It shouldn't be that big of a deal to your playing partners. I typically wear shorts in the warmer months/climates, just more comfortable in the warm weather. I like pants when it is a little cooler, and think they look great on the course. I say wear whatever you like and whatever is most comfortable in the weather.

Shorts for me as they are the most comfortable. Go with what you feel comfortable in, who cares what other people think. Unless you go to Bill Belichek comfy, then you may have problems.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Pants. Pants. Pants BUT make sure you do what you feel is right (and meets course dress code).

I wear nice shorts. Hardly ever play in long pants but when I do, I try to wear something nice.

I usually always wear shorts, unless it's too cold then I'd wear jeans. Only because I hadn't had golf slacks till just now. My gf got me 2 pair of Puma pants for my birthday. "Parking Lot Pro" is perfectly fine with me if people look at me that, because I know I look damn good out there! Lol but seriously I like the way I look and if you feel good about it, it'll transfer into your game.

I am looking forward to golfing in shorts soon. However, recently, I realized loose clothing can get in the way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I like pants for most rounds and reserve shorts for only when it's really warm

I typically wear pants as I golf early in the a.m. and the bugs were terrible last year in MN. Shorts only if it's hot.

I mostly play in shorts but for me it is completely dependent on the weather. I don't have any problem putting together a good looking outfit with either, you learn to be flexible in Minnesota weather. In the fall it isn't unusual to see wind pants on the course just because they are the warmest.

I like golf clothes in many different looks. Frankly I would not worry too much about what others think about you wanting to look good. If you like the look of pants, have at it as long as the weather is favorable for that.
+1 on this ^^^^^^ get down with what ever makes you happy. Pants don't make you look like a parking lot pro. They make you look like a golfer. Plus the weather in NV is a ficKled sort and pants may be needed.

I wear Nike Tour performance pants year round as they are very expensive at 130 a pair, they can be had on sale and end of year close outscombined with sales as well and picked up for 55-75 bucks but they have unbeatable material IMO and they play great in the heat even in black and they also feel cool with the technology in the material in the summer! All around awesome pants! I wear Nike head to toe and a lot of TW line, not to look like tiger.....but his line and the tour performance line has the best made and feeling materials!

Pants more often than not. Alot of it depends on where I'm playing and who I'm playing with. The reason being, even though I am relatively new to this game I have great respect for it, and because I have a tattoo on my leg I don't want to be viewed any differently from anyone else in the course. Hope this makes sense and I'm not making myself sound foolish.

Back