Farmers Insurance Open [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaron baddeley looking to sneak into t5 finish. haven't seen him up the leaderboard in a while

Great shot by Watney.

If they say one more thing about the "cold" weather I am going to mute it or turn it off. Give me a break. Most of us on here would trade weather in a heartbeat.

Yep. I'm on "vacation" in Tennessee. I was hitting balls at the range today in 36* with a wind. Probably worse in other places, but remember where I'm from. It...was...COLD! How cold is it there?

Teater just cost me in the Fantasy golf dangit.

aaron baddeley looking to sneak into t5 finish. haven't seen him up the leaderboard in a while

He's always solid though. I like him in fantasy because you know he'll generally be top 20.

feherty on marino's group: "this is what following lewis and clark must have been like"

Yep. I'm on "vacation" in Tennessee. I was hitting balls at the range today in 36* with a wind. Probably worse in other places, but remember where I'm from. It...was...COLD! How cold is it there?

At the golf tourney? High 50's. Where I live? Mid-high 30's and pouring rain. May have snuck into the lower 40s but still pouring down rain so still miserable.

That might be another awkward stance.

feherty on marino's group: "this is what following lewis and clark must have been like"

I love Kostis bringing up PGA taking a long hard look at pace of play and adding that penalizing strokes is the way to go. Now if, or when, it finally happens it has to be harsh enough to have an effect.

Good thing Tiger has a large lead. Not making this easy on himself.

My thoughts exactly. Its not like him to lose focus like this. Lucky for him its going to take a HUGE collapse to lose this one.

Four shots. Wonder if he has pictures of Kyle Stanley on him mind.

Maybe Tiger considers the Covert since he's off with the big stick anyway?

My goodness this is a slow round. I stepped away while he was in the fairway on 17 and Tiger still hasn't teed off on 18.

I love Kostis bringing up PGA taking a long hard look at pace of play and adding that penalizing strokes is the way to go. Now if, or when, it finally happens it has to be harsh enough to have an effect.

With all the issues of the anchored putter ban, I can't imagine how much a fight they're going to face if they actually start penalizing guys for pace of play. I think there's already a rule on the books that penalizes each player in the group a stroke, but I can't recall a pga player that was last assessed that penalty. morgan pressell got dinged a hole in a match play tournament last year or two years ago because of it

Tiger's been struggling with the driver as usual. But it seems like the last 4 holes haven't been very good to anybody in the field. At least from what I've seen so far.

This is how slow it is on my course on Saturday mornings. That's why I play Sunday. I go apepoo insane when it's that slow.

tiger's body language indicates to me that he's is just tired of all this waiting around.

I'm ok playing the occasional slow round, it happens and I make the most of it. But watching a slow round is brutal. If it wasn't for the fact Tiger was leading there's no way I'd be watching this right now.

Five and a half hours and counting for a partial round. Oh my goodness.

With all the issues of the anchored putter ban, I can't imagine how much a fight they're going to face if they actually start penalizing guys for pace of play. I think there's already a rule on the books that penalizes each player in the group a stroke, but I can't recall a pga player that was last assessed that penalty. morgan pressell got dinged a hole in a match play tournament last year or two years ago because of it

There is no excuse for these guys to take over 5 hours. I don't know the answer but this is ridiculous. A 45 second shot clock with 1 two minute extension to call a rules official once per round.

Can't even be all that mad at the players either, really. each shot is worth thousands of dollars depending on where they fall on the leaderboard. I'd take my time too

Tiger really looks like he just wants to be done with this. Didn't even looked like he cared there.

There is no excuse for these guys to take over 5 hours. I don't know the answer but this is ridiculous. A 45 second shot clock with 1 two minute extension to call a rules official once per round.

I agree, it's completely ridiculous. There's a lot of details to iron out but it should be done. do you have a shot clock for a standard fairway shot, then allot extra time for different circumstances that have to be factored when you're off line? Is there a group limit or a single player limit? And for different situations, lining up a 5 foot straight up the hill par putt when you're t28 isn't the same as a right to left 18 footer for the win.

I agree though basically it shouldn't take a million years to line up and hit a golf shot, which is what these guys do now.

One thing Faldo and mccord were talking about yesterday is the pga should allow the use of gps and range finders to help cut down on the time. Having the caddies walk off 200 yards when guys hit it off line takes up a lot of unnecessary time. shoot the pin with the rangefinder and get on with it

Can't even be all that mad at the players either, really. each shot is worth thousands of dollars depending on where they fall on the leaderboard. I'd take my time too

They'd get used to the shot clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back