Your experience with Miura wedges/clubs

HandyManny

This Is Paradise
Reaction score
Hey THP members,

I wanted to get some information & feedback from anyone who has ever used, owned, or known anything about Miura wedges/clubs. I have heard that the wedges are really good. But I have never known anyone who has them nor have used them. I know they are handmade and look truly amazing. I know someone on here has experience.with them and hopefully you can give me some answers like what the spin you see on them, feel, & customization. Thank you all.

Respectfully, Manuel M.

I have a local friend that really wanted a set for a long time and got them last year. He's very happy with them. In the end, they are just irons, but he loves the way they look and all the other stuff that you can't necessarily quantify.

As you can see in my sig, I have a Miura 52* wedge w/KBS shaft stiff-flex. I won it for liking Miura's Fb page, back in Oct/'11. THPer, Oregon Golfer, caught that contest and whatta you know, I won a free wedge, that I previously had never heard of. With a season using it, I hit it full swings from 115-120 yrds out, to chipping & pitching short shots. It feels amazing, just as most who have played 'em describe; they're buttery smooth. I use Reg. shafts on the rest of my set, but this wedge feels so well balanced. When I came across my win and consequent research of Miura online. I found that they are indeed hand made clubs. Miura-San and his sons put such outstanding workmanship into their clubs. Personally, I would love to own a whole set, but right now, it's out of the question. If I were you and had the money, Manuel, I'm sure there would be no disappointment in your investment. Yes, there is a THPer here that plays a set of Miura's. I'm sure you'll get a glowing recommendation also.

Have a good weekend.

As you can see in my sig, I have a Miura 52* wedge w/KBS shaft stiff-flex. I won it for liking Miura's Fb page, back in Oct/'11. THPer, Oregon Golfer, caught that contest and whatta you know, I won a free wedge, that I previously had never heard of. With a season using it, I hit it full swings from 115-120 yrds out, to chipping & pitching short shots. It feels amazing, just as most who have played 'em describe; they're buttery smooth. I use Reg. shafts on the rest of my set, but this wedge feels so well balanced. When I came across my win and consequent research of Miura online. I found that they are indeed hand made clubs. Miura-San and his sons put such outstanding workmanship into their clubs. Personally, I would love to own a whole set, but right now, it's out of the question. If I were you and had the money, Manuel, I'm sure there would be no disappointment in your investment. Yes, there is a THPer here that plays a set of Miura's. I'm sure you'll get a glowing recommendation also.

Have a good weekend.

#urwelcome. Let me know when you're ready to pay it forward. I won't hold my breath though. :D

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

Thank you guys I really appreciate the help. I hope to some day get to try some wedges for the most part. Thanks again.
-Manuel M.

I've got a set of Miura CB lefty irons, and I do have to say that they feel amazing. I played a lot with Mizuno MP-57's and I think the Miuras feel even better. One factor that adds the superb feel and appreciation is that they are Miuras. For some, the aura around a certain brand adds to the experience, for me, Miura is a brand of that sort.

They are soft, precise, quite for giving and look great.

kuva3ja.jpg

I've got a set of Miura CB lefty irons, and I do have to say that they feel amazing. I played a lot with Mizuno MP-57's and I think the Miuras feel even better. One factor that adds the superb feel and appreciation is that they are Miuras. For some, the aura around a certain brand adds to the experience, for me, Miura is a brand of that sort.

They are soft, precise, quite for giving and look great.

kuva3ja.jpg

Wow! You have a great set of Miuras, CH. I'm lefty too. Ok, I'm off to Miura's site to go dream about these beauties.

Hey THP members,

I wanted to get some information & feedback from anyone who has ever used, owned, or known anything about Miura wedges/clubs. I have heard that the wedges are really good. But I have never known anyone who has them nor have used them. I know they are handmade and look truly amazing. I know someone on here has experience.with them and hopefully you can give me some answers like what the spin you see on them, feel, & customization. Thank you all.

Respectfully, Manuel M.

See my signature. Fanboy here. They are the best! I got my clubs a year ago used and got fitted for them and pretty much paid for themselves with winning tournaments, par 3s, low nets, and nassaus with my golf club. The feel is unlike another. You will never need another set of irons/wedges again.

If you live in LA like I do, I will let you hit them :D

See my signature. Fanboy here. They are the best! I got my clubs a year ago used and got fitted for them and pretty much paid for themselves with winning tournaments, par 3s, low nets, and nassaus with my golf club. The feel is unlike another. You will never need another set of irons/wedges again.

If you live in LA like I do, I will let you hit them :D

Also, I actually had the lies and lofts checked recently by Don the club builder at Plaza Golf West LA. I let him hit them and keep them for a day and ordered they same model but with Nippons!

Some of the finest irons I've swung, the sound of a pure shot was different than anything I've hit.

I have played a few rounds with a friend's Miura and I will say they do feel good, maybe a bit better than my mizunos, but not that much better than the mizunos blades I have at home. As far as the wedges go I am a firm believer that no wedge is going to give you a noticeable amount of spin over another. Spin is create by technique first and club second, with all the regulations on the grooves etc today I doubt you will see enough difference to justify the cost.

Would I play a set if someone gave them to me? Yes.
Would I ever buy a set? No

I game a set of 501's now. They are great. Amazing feel unlike anything else. Also I dont find that they are much more expensive than a high end set from some of the other OEMS. You also know the specs are dead on from the miura factory. It really is amazing how spot on the specs have been on the sets I have seen.

I had previously played the 501's and went away from them and tried 2-3 different sets this season just to try something new. Needless to say I came back and bought another set of 501's because I missed them so much.

Back