E6, hands down.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

E -Series - E5-E6-E7
Callaway - HEX Chrome - HX Diablo Tour
Wilson Staff - FG Tour
TaylorMade - TP3
NXT Tour
Nike Vapor Black

I have played all these balls and they are by far the best balls for the money.

Wow, love the e6 but for that price might have to pick some up.

I think there was a deal of the day with E6's for $21.99 or so too

The Penta TP 3 performs the best of any ball out there for me, its just a bonus wally world has them for $27 :)

In order of preference:-

E6 (great ball, end of story)

NXT Tour-S (as long as the E6 and reasonably straight, a bit clicky off the putter, love the yellow)

Wilson Duo (great feel off irons and putter, so cheap, just a little squishy off Driver so I lose distance vs other balls)

Q Star (similar properties to the E6 but not as long, and ironically rolls out more on the greens; straight though)

E5 (nice ball but just can't get as confident with it as the E6, feels just a bit too hard)

Diablo Tour (most like the E6 in terms of compression but not much else stands out)

NXT Tour (long but loose)

30 and under ball...

30 and under ball...

... whats your favorite? I usually game a pro v1x or NXT tour. Want to try some more value oriented options... Any suggestions?

Sorry if there is another thread like this, I searched and didn't find one.. New to the site.

Top flight gamer

Since beginning testing of the Bridgestone e5 I am thinking that it just may be the best mid priced ball going. Very solid so far.

Last edited:
Since beginning testing on the Bridgestone e5 I am thinking the it just may be the best mid priced ball going. Very solid so far.

So far I agree

Best Non Premium Ball

Best Non Premium Ball

Inan effort to be more economical, I have been using/trying balls that are less costly than the top of the lines, like Pro V etc.
I really like the NXT Tour. It spins quite a bit and seems to give me decent distance.
Are balls like the E6, as good?
At the golf store , a couple of the salesman also suggested that MacGregor has a 3 piece that is really good and cheap. Anyone try it?
An y others I should look at?

Inan effort to be more economical, I have been using/trying balls that are less costly than the top of the lines, like Pro V etc.
I really like the NXT Tour. It spins quite a bit and seems to give me decent distance.
Are balls like the E6, as good?
At the golf store , a couple of the salesman also suggested that MacGregor has a 3 piece that is really good and cheap. Anyone try it?
An y others I should look at?
So, there are some reviews for the e-series balls going on right now;

e5; http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Bridgestone-e5-Golf-Ball-Forum-Testing-Thread

e6; http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Bridgestone-e6-Golf-Ball-Forum-Testing-Thread

e7; http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Bridgestone-e7-Golf-Ball-Forum-Testing-Thread

Wilson Staff C:25 (3 piece ball) I have been using it over 1 season and you will be amazed as well... not to mention golftown has been selling this for $20/dozen for many months now

Top Flite Gamer V2. Best $20 a dozen ball out there. Slap a premium name on it and those balls are selling for double that.

The e6 is really solid too. I am currently testing the Bridgestone e7 2013 release and was pretty happy with what I was seeing from it, both off the tee and surprisingly, for me anyways, around the greens.

E5 for me, I haven't bought a premium priced ball since I started playing them. They are long and spinny, can't beat 'em.

E5 for me, I haven't bought a premium priced ball since I started playing them. They are long and spinny, can't beat 'em.
I challenge you that you would want to switch to C:25 once you play a full round :)

I challenge you that you would want to switch to C:25 once you play a full round :)

I've played all the Wilson balls man, not bad at all. I like the 50 elite and Duo when it's brutal cold, I drive them as well in 30 degree weather as I do the E5's in 70 degree weather. I like the E5 for my putter though. Could be in my head (probably is) but I have a short list of balls I love to putt with and the E5 is one of them. Even if it's in my head it helps me score hahahaa.

Thanks. I will give these a try.Never even considered Wilson. Thye sound intrguing. Same with the Gamer.
Again, thanks for the ideas.

Over on the E7 thread, you will see that I like it a lot and why.

Bridgestone E5. Close thread

I've played them both, the C:25 was junk compared to the e5.

Merged with a similar thread.

Right now the best options are the qstar at dicks for $16 bucks a dozen, gamer tour for $25 or any combination of balls from previous years. Im currently playing the nike 20xi for 29.99.

Q-Star. Its somewhere between the e6 and e5 only without feeling like a rock.

Back