Swing Model-who is yours?

If I could have Tigers swing, I'd carry a club with me everywhere I went. I think it is just so smooth and compact. Back straight, elbow locked, perfect tempo, sets his wrist at the top, finishes high. Perfect in my opinion.

If not Tiger, Rory or Sneds. Rory's is just perfection, and Sneds has that quick "lets get moving" attitude to it.

My instructor compares me to/begs me to be like David Toms. Honestly I think it is closer to Furyk!

I try to swing like Steve Stricker. Not much wrist cock. Made me a lot more consisitent, and my wrist strat to load only on the downswing. Made me a little shorter,250 or so, but more accurate. I score better this way, but some of the guys I used to hit it out there with are now longer.

Tony Romo. Seriously. I have a tendency to get very long with my backswing and it drives me nuts when I see the club with my peripheral vision of my left eye. I'm sure there are pros with short backswings but Romo really got my attention when watching him play last year on the Golf Channel. He is pretty fluid yet powerful with that 3/4 backswing.

The Big Easy.....Mr Els

Just found this thread again & thought I'd add to it.

One person whose swing I love to watch (especially in slow motion) is Zach Johnson. His head is abosultely motionless until well after impact on his irons (especially the short irons/wedges). Since I struggle to make consistent contact, I thought he might be someone to copy.

Funny as it sounds given the swing changes he's going through, but Rickie Fowler is who I try to model my swing after, particularly with the irons. Very stable, quiet lower body, especially his backswing.

Rube Goldberg. A whole lot of superfluous movement and actions happen before the result, which could have been done far more simply.

Because of his tempo and pause at the top, I have to go with Fred Couples. Consistently smooth and hits a perfect fade that I can only hope to master someday.

Ernie Els.

Of the older seniors Arnold Palmer was fantastic!!!!!!

JAckal

Lee Trevino!

Using Tapatalk

I like Hunter Mahan's swing. If I could I would take his and run.

I can't say I have a swing like any of them but I would love to have Adam Scotts swing, or really any of theirs.

Tiger must have one of the cleanest swings ever.. I would like that one thanks!

Lee Westwood and the way he turns through to impact and the big easy the way he stays behind the ball at impact.
The first I use for power the second for accuracy

Sneds or Adam Scott

Following Monte Scheinblum of late. Big slicefixer fan also, as 3 days with him changed my game

I try to swing like Erie and finish like hunter. Pretty sure it looks nothing like that :(

Swing Model-who is yours?

Umm... Phil?

That's the only one I can think of.

When I was younger, more supple and a lot skinnier I was often told I had a swing very similar to Ernie Els. I never worked at it, it just came naturally. Nowadays though I swing a little differently and more like Goosen.

Back