2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I'm having troubles with. I've noticed within the past two weeks Around 900 to 930 am I get the shakes so bad! I'm talking like uncontrollable in my hands. To the point where I can't hold a bottle of water. Since starting this diet and workout routine it's gotten much worse. With this diet I've not missed eating breakfast. Normally I eat either oatmeal, red river hot cereal, or cinnamon harvest cold cereal by kashi. I'm a little concerned. Any suggestions? Hard boiled eggs? Bacon (which is the cure all in my opinion). If I eat a cliff builders bar it will ease up in about 30 minutes. So I guess I'm trying to figure out of this is caused by a hypo glaucemic thing or what's going on.

If you are shaking that can be a sign of low blood sugar. I'd suggest eating something more. As long as you don't have any cholesterol issues, eggs are great. My guess is that it is a blood sugar thing. You could also be dehydrated.

Something I'm having troubles with. I've noticed within the past two weeks Around 900 to 930 am I get the shakes so bad! I'm talking like uncontrollable in my hands. To the point where I can't hold a bottle of water. Since starting this diet and workout routine it's gotten much worse. With this diet I've not missed eating breakfast. Normally I eat either oatmeal, red river hot cereal, or cinnamon harvest cold cereal by kashi. I'm a little concerned. Any suggestions? Hard boiled eggs? Bacon (which is the cure all in my opinion). If I eat a cliff builders bar it will ease up in about 30 minutes. So I guess I'm trying to figure out of this is caused by a hypo glaucemic thing or what's going on.

Like what WCBM said, seems it could be low blood sugar. Drink some orange juice with breakfast, or eat a small protein bar with your regular breakfast.

Another question- what is your caffeine intake like?

Final suggestion. Add some more protein to your breakfast as well as increase your water intake. I think it is a blood sugar issue combined with being somewhat dehydrated. If it persists please see your doctor or RD.

Thanks fellas, I will give it a go.

Ok, I lost 2 pounds last week, making my running total a 34 pound weight loss in 6 weeks! On my way to being under 230 for the first time in a long time.

The group of 10 lost 14.5 lbs last week, 136.3 pounds to date lost through 6 weeks for the group.

Ok, I lost 2 pounds last week, making my running total a 34 pound weight loss in 6 weeks! On my way to being under 230 for the first time in a long time.

The group of 10 lost 14.5 lbs last week, 136.3 pounds to date lost through 6 weeks for the group.
Nice job, Deano! Im just glad after back to back weeks of losing only 1 lb, I was finally able to get it going and drop 3 lbs!

Sorry haven't had a chance to go through the thread so this may have already been answered, but do any of you do a routine that is somewhat specific to improving for golf? IE core strength and flexibility. I've lifted off and on over the last few years so I'm pretty familiar with the gym and I eat fairly clean, just need a solid routine ..looking for something 3-5 days a week.

I also run 2-5 miles every Mon, Wed, Fri so cardio is taken care of.

Last edited:
Nice job, Deano! Im just glad after back to back weeks of losing only 1 lb, I was finally able to get it going and drop 3 lbs!

yep at this point, im gunning for at least 1 pound a week as its evident im heading towards the plateau, but still plugging away!

I suspect that I have about 3 more weeks until I get close to the BF% I am looking for. Unfortunately, I have lost a bit more muscle than I had wanted in the process.

Thus, in March I likely will be upping my calorie intake (mostly in protein and fats) by 500-1000 a day and switching to a more lifting-based routine with only 2 days of body resistance, high intensity training. Hopefully it will only take 4-6 weeks to bring my LBM up to a more satisfactory level. At that point (hopefully in April) I plan on dropping the calorie intake by 250-500 to get closer to a sustain intake while keeping the same workout routine. Then, in May, drop another 250-500 calorie intake to cut any BF that I increased in the previous 2 months. At that point, I should be ready for summer... I hope.

Good work everyone. Seeing the weight loss numbers helps keep me motivated. I got a meh workout in today. Did extra cardio bc my lower back has a hard time with leg days. Hopefully ill be at 176 or 175 after this week. Would make 5 consecutive weeks with losing weight.

I just did this a week and a half ago. Just go at your pace, don't try to keep up with the people in the video! The goal is to complete the session, then you can work on increasing reps in the coming weeks.

I plan on taking my time and just going with what I can do at first. I also plan to continue my half hour workouts during the day at work..

High glycemic carbs are the issue, oatmeal, kashi, cliff bars have a ton of carbs which stimulate insulin production and lead to early fatigue as the glucose is either used or stored as fat. I have been on a carb free (<50g daily) diet for several weeks, never have had this type of stable energy. Really is amazing, plus increasing fat and protein intake allows for feeling full longer. Carbs lead to overeating as your body will crave that fast (sugar) energy. Do some research on eatingacademy about this topic. Not everyone will agree but as a medical person and with hundreds of hours of research in the physiology and biochemistry of a low carb diet (not necessarily Atkins) you may find it transforming your life.

Solid 4 mile tready. Hoping to be under 8 minute miles within the month

Another question- what is your caffeine intake like?
Caffeine intake is two regular cups of coffee a day, and maybe 1 can of diet coke in the afternoon. I drink at least one 1.5 liter of water each day during work, and another 2 glasses of water in the evening. I've substituted most of my diet come habit with flavored seltzer water. So that's normally around 16 oz too

Just got done doing Chest and Back p90x workout. I forgot how much I hate doing pushups. Thanks Tony Horton for reminding me

Just got done doing Chest and Back p90x workout. I forgot how much I hate doing pushups. Thanks Tony Horton for reminding me
It's the pull-ups for me! I have to mute the TV, cause if not I'm cussing him out.

you and me both man, today was Insanity max interval plyo...code named a ton of different forms of pushups, I had to improvise after awhile cause it was killing me lol

Also a big day for me personally
As I do daily I weighed myself this morning, and for the first time in a long time Im under 230. 228 to be exact.

36 pounds lost in exactly 6 weeks, feeling great and forging ahead.

Down at least 2 pant sizes and easily now a XL instead of XXL, new wardrobe will be a must here in the near future.

That's awesome Mike! Cyber fist bump bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back