Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back Irons

Why did they recommend the Aerotechs instead of Project X or any other? Or was that your preference?

Why did they recommend the Aerotechs instead of Project X or any other? Or was that your preference?

I told them that I wanted a lightweight option that helped me hit the ball higher and with more spin, even though I already had a high clubhead speed. After much back and forth he recommended these and said that I would probably pick up some more clubhead speed by playing these as well!

I told them that I wanted a lightweight option that helped me hit the ball higher and with more spin, even though I already had a high clubhead speed. After much back and forth he recommended these and said that I would probably pick up some more clubhead speed by playing these as well!

Makes sense to me.. Good luck with that set-up.

I was just fit for J40 CBs thru Bfit.

Aerotech 95. 3-P, bent 2* Weak, +0.5".
Aerotech 95. DPC 3iron. +1".

I'll have lies adjusted upon arrival! Im so stoked to be able to rest my shoulders knowing that these are my best fit!

Those shafts have me intrigued, but I'm not looking for a high ball flight so I don't think they will be for me. Sneds seems to surely love them though!

Junior are you getting these now or is this what you hope to play in the MC? Not sure that a combo set is an option

Junior are you getting these now or is this what you hope to play in the MC? Not sure that a combo set is an option

My guess is its for the mc

I really want to try these. All I can find around me are the DPC. I'm actually thinking of going with some kind of combo setup 3,4,5 DPC and 6,7,8,9,PW CB. Sorry I've skimmed but does anyone have a combo setup?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure i would call they a combo set IMO. That's what I'm gonna hope for though until I am told otherwise

^Siri probably sucks.

So I got fitted tonight for my irons and wedges tonight.

Started off by hitting a KBS shaft in a Taylormade CB 6 iron. Was hitting the ball pretty well, but I was spraying the ball all over the place. Left, center, right. I had no consistency with it and as much as I had heard good things about the KBS shafts on THP, I just couldn't control it.

Next I hit a Royal Precision 6.0 in The Taylormade CB and the results were much better. I had much better results with it. Nice high ball flight, little left to right action. but it was working really well. Below are the Numbers

Carry
Total
Lateral
Club Spd.
Ball Spd.
Smash
Back Spin
Side Spin
Vert. Launch
Horz. Launch
Des. Vert.
Height
Flight
1621699.3 R94.2106.11.16352292822.91.7 L41.786 ft5.5 s

Last was the Project X 5.5 Taylormade CB and the results were very similar. Dispersion was a little bit tighter than the Royal Precision, very consistent ball flight, and felt very comfortable.

Carry
Total
Lateral
Club Spd.
Ball Spd.
Smash
Back Spin
Side Spin
Vert. Launch
Horz. Launch
Des. Vert.
Height
Flight
1621702.3 L88.6105.31.19347075721.44.8 L39.578 ft5.3 s

The numbers are extremely similar, and I will probably be going with the Project X 5.5 because the dispersion was tighter and the side spin was less as well. So that was exciting.

I was fit for the DG spinners in the wedges, not too much to tell. I'll be sticking a few close come July!

So then it came down to the CBs vs the DPCs. I took about 25 swings with each, and I was consistently hitting the CB's much better than I was the DPC's, which was the exact opposite of what I was expecting. So the Morgan Cup bag is going to look like the following:

Bridgestone Cavity Back Irons: 4-PW, bent 1* flat, stock loft, stock length with the Project X 5.5's.
Bridgestone Wedges: 52* and 56*, stock length with the DG Spinners.

So pumped. Ready to submit my order. I'll be going back on Tuesday to do Driver, FWs and Hybos.

Nice write-up. Always good to hit all your options. I should have taken a harder look at the CB's.

Nice write-up. Always good to hit all your options. I should have taken a harder look at the CB's.

To be honest, I had really not given them a chance. They had me a bit intimidated. But you know, I am just going for it. Once in a lifetime chance. That, and hitting them so well sold me on them.

To be honest, I had really not given them a chance. They had me a bit intimidated. But you know, I am just going for it. Once in a lifetime chance. That, and hitting them so well sold me on them.

Same here the less forgiveness scares me to death lol

I was just fit for J40 CBs thru Bfit.

Aerotech 95. 3-P, bent 2* Weak, +0.5".
Aerotech 95. DPC 3iron. +1".

I'll have lies adjusted upon arrival! Im so stoked to be able to rest my shoulders knowing that these are my best fit!
I've tried to find the club side of B Fit and haven't found it! I've even called and I still haven't talked to someone on the club side of the business! Help! Where are y'all going on the net to get to someone? I need a change with my DPCs...

I've tried to find the club side of B Fit and haven't found it! I've even called and I still haven't talked to someone on the club side of the business! Help! Where are y'all going on the net to get to someone? I need a change with my DPCs...

Any B-fit rep I have chatted with was very knowledgeable about the clubs and shafts for that matter.

Brad, nice write up and glad you learned alot about what works for you and what doesn't. I like the 5.5's also, are you going with the stock set-up then (flighted) ?

Brad, nice write up and glad you learned alot about what works for you and what doesn't. I like the 5.5's also, are you going with the stock set-up then (flighted) ?

As of now, I am Rhino. But, I am going to talk with a B fit rep Monday and just run the numbers again and get their opinion. I may inquire about the aerotechs. But we will see.

As of now, I am Rhino. But, I am going to talk with a B fit rep Monday and just run the numbers again and get their opinion. I may inquire about the aerotechs. But we will see.

Alot of the guys like the Aerotechs. I think you will do fine with either shaft.. good luck as you continue your search

Same here the less forgiveness scares me to death lol

This is something that totally blows me away about these irons.

I'm a higher handicap and I have never felt that the irons were less forgiving. Every shot just feels great when I get a full club on it even if I am off center.

Great looking set of irons however I'm a lefty and therefore cannot look in the Bridgestone direction. They are totally right handed bias, all their clubs. So it's off to Callaway, Titleist, Nike land.

After identifying the wants and needs of my current irons, and identifying what I will be ordering with my CBs, I am SO excited to order these. I can't wait for the Morgan Cup!!!

I havent even considered the CB's but maybe I should....just hard to find a place where you can actually hit them.

JB was telling me that the DPCs are a lot larger than people think they are. I never really considered them but that sealed the deal for me.

After identifying the wants and needs of my current irons, and identifying what I will be ordering with my CBs, I am SO excited to order these. I can't wait for the Morgan Cup!!!

Are you still thinking of going Steelfiber shafts or something else?

JB was telling me that the DPCs are a lot larger than people think they are. I never really considered them but that sealed the deal for me.
The DPCs are quite large. Most people think they are smaller, but the short irons of them specifically, are larger than most would think.

Back