The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that I am going to get offered the head boys golf coach job. After getting my hopes up last year and having had my hopes gotten up I'm not real sure what to think about that.

I think you would do a phenomenal job.

Pretty sure that I am going to get offered the head boys golf coach job. After getting my hopes up last year and having had my hopes gotten up I'm not real sure what to think about that.

That is extremely cool man!! I'm sure you'll do an incredible job.

Haha

It's a program that has 10 state championships to it so there's a little bit of history there. But I don't know, I really wanted it last year I got talked up for the job and told that I had a really good chance at it and it would probably happen...then I had the rug pulled out from underneath my feet so I'm a little hesitant/bitter.

Haha

It's a program that has 10 state championships to it so there's a little bit of history there. But I don't know, I really wanted it last year I got talked up for the job and told that I had a really good chance at it and it would probably happen...then I had the rug pulled out from underneath my feet so I'm a little hesitant/bitter.

Bitter? That feeling goes away when you're molding young minds and sharing your golf and equipment knowledge with them buddy.

Haha

They found out you were a THP Staff writer, and now they want Coach Celebrity molding the young golfers!

First practice of the year; "How to properly use lead tape."

In all seriousness dude... If it's something you want, go after it! You will do well, I know it!

Sometimes people realize they made a mistake and come around to offering the right person the job. I really think you could help the boys with golf, and how to play the game along with your knowledge of equipment. I think your a guy who could make a positive impact on team and use this setting to help prepare them for life. I think you should be happy about it and take it provided it fits your life style.

Work has buried me lately, I honestly just can't catch up and I feel like there simply aren't enough hours in the day. However, just now I finished a big project that has been looming over my head for a while now and it feels GREAT to be done! I still have piles more work to do, but at least this one project is done, woohoo!!

Good for you, GG! I know kind of how you feel. I am swamped here myself.

Sometimes people realize they made a mistake and come around to offering the right person the job. I really think you could help the boys with golf, and how to play the game along with your knowledge of equipment. I think your a guy who could make a positive impact on team and use this setting to help prepare them for life. I think you should be happy about it and take it provided it fits your life style.

I do miss coaching, and I put out notice this was the job I wanted when I was still a football only coach 6 years ago. That said, to be told to your face its pretty much yours and then notified in suddenly its not, there are some feelings to overcome for sure.

But, its a good job. And I'd get to play with them every day of practice, for free, so there's that, who knows though. May be nothing again.

GG, awesome, puppy snuggle time!

Work has buried me lately, I honestly just can't catch up and I feel like there simply aren't enough hours in the day. However, just now I finished a big project that has been looming over my head for a while now and it feels GREAT to be done! I still have piles more work to do, but at least this one project is done, woohoo!!
Awesome! Nothing like finishing up a project that has been hanging out there for a while!

I do miss coaching, and I put out notice this was the job I wanted when I was still a football only coach 6 years ago. That said, to be told to your face its pretty much yours and then notified in suddenly its not, there are some feelings to overcome for sure.

But, its a good job. And I'd get to play with them every day of practice, for free, so there's that, who knows though. May be nothing again.

GG, awesome, puppy snuggle time!

Translation: free golf = more money for putter purchases.

The ice cream truck just went by.

Really? It's February and it's 41 degrees. Moreover, most kids are still at school!

Translation: free golf = more money for putter purchases.

And a coaching stipend as well so even more!

Seriously though, there's some pros to it, it's a legitimized program and I get to coach again.

But, I'd need specific things too.

I think I broke the golf verb thread.

Jman, think of it in the sense of how much you would get to share you knowledge of golf with these young men. I used to work as an assistant pro and teaching was my passion, unfortunately making a living in golf is difficult and I no longer work in the golf industry. The thing I miss the most is starting to teach a young kid and seeing him and his game grow, it is amazing.

Just saw a pro wrestling commercial. It's nice to know they don't use steroids anymore.

The ice cream truck just went by.

Really? It's February and it's 41 degrees. Moreover, most kids are still at school!

My dad called me today just to tell me that he drove by the Dairy Queen and they were open again. I cannot wait for my first Turtle Pecan Cluster Blizzard.

Why would a Dairy Queen close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back