Going to get fitted tomorrow!!! Cant wait!! :D

six-foe

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all!! !Just thought I would let ya know that I am going to be getting fitted for the first time ever!!! I bought a new set of R11 irons stiff over the off season so going to see what can be done or not done. Really excited to see how this will work out and such.
Ill update tomorrow and see how bad my swing is!! :p

This was with my taylormade 2.0 irons with reg flex:

I also shoot in the low 80's

I normally have a slight push about 5 -10 yards off center.

Is there anything I should ask...or look for....?

I dont really know what to expect

Last edited:
Good luck bud. You will be amazed by the difference it will make..

Hope that you enjoy it six-foe.

Are you getting a full bag fitting or just the irons?

Never done a proper fitting. Have fun and good luck with fitting the R11's to your swing.

Have fun. Where are you getting your fitting done?

Hope that you enjoy it six-foe.

Are you getting a full bag fitting or just the irons?

I am just getting my irons done....if time, hopefully do my driver-4 wood-7wood.

Have fun. Where are you getting your fitting done?

I live up north here in Canada, so I have a nice 8 hr drive to look forward to going to Winnipeg, Mb,

QUestion: how long should this take? I will be traveling with my kids 9 and 7....and they will have to sit and watch. bringing their portable gaming systems to keep them busy.

I am just getting my irons done....if time, hopefully do my driver-4 wood-7wood.

I live up north here in Canada, so I have a nice 8 hr drive to look forward to going to Winnipeg, Mb,

Best advice I can give is to go in with an open mind. Pretty common to fit yourself in your mind and that's bad for business in many cases.

QUestion: how long should this take? I will be traveling with my kids 9 and 7....and they will have to sit and watch. bringing their portable gaming systems to keep them busy.

Tough to say, but an hour seems reasonable to me.

I would think it will take about an hour to an hour and a half. If you shoot low 80's, then U would suspect it should be pretty seemless. Also, let him know you drove 8 hours so he doesnt try to change your swing.

I would think it will take about an hour to an hour and a half. If you shoot low 80's, then U would suspect it should be pretty seemless. Also, let him know you drove 8 hours so he doesnt try to change your swing.

OK!! Thanks for the heads up!! :D

Cool, thought I'd ask since I'm in Winnipeg too. Where in Winnipeg?

I did a fitting a little while ago and like others have said, go in with an open mind, but if there is any club or shaft you want to it, just ask. A small detail, but bring a couple of the balls you regularly use so you can see the numbers with it. Have fun!

Good luck with your fitting

I was having coffee with some golf friends and told hem about my fitting. Most of them were in agreement that fitting would mess wih my swing. Most said "I wouldn't do that if I were you"
One guy had a fitting done and he said it messed with his swing and screwed him up for a season.
so I don't know what to expect now

Ya, it was the fitting that made him golf badly....ok then. :)

Yeah I am just Goona go and try out and see wht happens.

It wont mess with your swing, it will just curtail your equipment to your current swing so that the equipment plays more consistent. It makes it so the only issue you will have is with your swing, not your clubs and your swing.

Yeah I am just Goona go and try out and see wht happens.

8 hour drive?
1. Canada is BIG
2. You are serious then?
3. Takes lots of batteries for the kids

Enjoy it! I am sure you will find it an interesting and fun process.

So how did your fitting go?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

So how did your fitting go?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

The fitting went great!!
i arrived in the city 2 hrs before the fitting, so checked in to the hotel and got there about 1/2 hr before my fitting. Shot some balls for about 20 min. Man I was rusty but soon was back in form.
The fitting process was pretty cool. The dude too my measurements and explained every step of the way. We started out to with hand measurements too. My hands are pretty big so the dude suggested maybe a thicker grip. As for my other states, I was right in line for the regular standard length, so no cutting or reshuffling would be needed. We then we to the lie process. We went through my 4 iron...7 iron...9 iron. All the lie tape was pure....my swing was dialed in and consistently in the right area. We then went with the 3 irons to the simulator to check on club head speed. My line was straight dead on with a slight draw. All iron shots suggested I should be hitting a stiff shaft, which I have! Perfect.
We then moved to my driver and fairway woods. I have r11 8' driver, 4 wood and seven wood. I hit the fairway woods exact same as my irons, down the pipe with a slight draw. As for my driver, it's always been my weak spot. So the fitted actually showed me how to tinker with the shaft options, weights and the sole plate thingy. And low and behold showed me how to use this technology!! I didn't know you we supposed to address the ball, let the driver head touch the ground, loosen your grip, and the. Grip it again....and then go into your routine!! What happened next......driver is down the pipe with a slight push....I shot about 15 drives....and each one was good and the distance was inproved too.
So all in all, the fitti g for me was an excellent experience and learned a few things about my swing and how to use the R11 technology.
I also went with a medium grip...a DRI-tecs.
So I am glad I went!!!
note: it took about a solid two hours and my children were well behaved! No fighting, teasing, or anything. So well behaved!! So I went to spoil them at toys R us!!! Win win!! HaHahahaha
Thanks all for you I put and suggestions!!
so if anyone is thinking about being fitted...GO!!!

Cheers all!!

Thanks for the update, six-foe. Sounds to me like you got a little peace of mind in addition to an education on your driver.

Back