Sligo Contest for August

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Sligo has their collection online and you can now purchase directly from their site if you choose. Everybody should check out it. Sligo Wear Inc. - Designers of trendy golf fashion.

As you might remember three months we held a contest where a lucky reader (MO_Hacker) won the Sligo Outfit of the Month by having his entry chosen by the forum members as the most creative.

Two months ago THP & Sligo gave away the Outfit of the Month for the lucky reader that put together their apparel and came up with a name for their outfit. (Harry Longshanks).

Last month we did a contest in which you picked the outfit, named the outfit, and then wrote a description about the outfit. The lucky winner (bstonerjk) came up with something off the charts great that is still featured on their website store. (stay stylish my friends...great line)

The promo for this month is a little different. The creators of Sligo have come up with a starting point. That is a pair of shorts. Your job is to pick the shirt and the belt that will go with those shorts. Then you will come up with a slogan or description in 20 words or less to describe the Sligo Brand. However there is a catch. five of the twenty words must start with S L I G O. So out of your twenty word description you must have a word that starts with each letter.

Not only will you win the outfit...That part is great, but you will also have your outfit and description put on the Sligo Website for everyone to see. You will officially be designing the outfit that the world can purchase based on your description and choices.

1. Head on over to Sligo Wear Inc. - Designers of trendy golf fashion. and click on 09 Collection to view it online.

2. Start with the chrome shorts and then pick a shirt, and pick any belt to complete the deal.

3. Get creative and come up with your slogan or description in 20 words or less using the letters S L I G O

4. Email all the components to josh@thehackersparadise.com or golfergal@thehackersparadise.com or PM one of us.

The top five will be chosen by a panel of judges and put on the forum for our members to vote on it.

We will be putting this up on the latest news soon for everybody to see, but we wanted to give our forum members a sneak peak at the contest.

Only one entry per person and this contest will run until 11:59 PM Monday August 17th 2009. So get your items picked and lets see some creative ideas.

By entering you agree to take a picture of your winnings and post them in the Contest Winners Thread. (you dont have to be wearing them)

Done and sent to JB.

I actually got mine done before the last day this time! I think it's the winner. hehe :clapp:

Mines in there. I actually suprised myelf with my ability to come up with a "hook" slogan! lol

• Admin
This one is looking like a lot of fun. If you have won before, please enter again. They love seeing as many entries as possible.

My entry is in via email to JB.

This sounds like great fun. I'll work on it, but it won't get done today.

• Admin
Just a quick note, that when you submit your outfit entry, please make sure you do not change out the shorts for a different pair. We are getting entries with people picking the shorts, but the shorts must be the Chrome from their site. Thanks.

Just a quick note, that when you submit your outfit entry, please make sure you do not change out the shorts for a different pair. We are getting entries with people picking the shorts, but the shorts must be the Chrome from their site. Thanks.

i can see why they did though...i thought "oooo this will look good". Then realised that the picture of the shirt i liked had those shorts in it....and the same colour belt i was gonna go for!

- the best looking combos are already on the site imo, just about trying to change it up, be a little quirky maybe and have a cool slogan!

really enjoyed doing this one.

One week to go to get your entries in for the Sligo Create a Slogan Contest.

Everyone has to enter, so I don't win this one in a total cakewalk.

You have yours in Claire?

Not so fast Claire - I think my entry was pretty good.

"Pretty good" doesn't win around here! :arrogant:

Spoiler
You know I'm kidding your, right?

Harry, I was wondering how long it would take you to find this little gem. :D

Lets get some more entries in guys for our friends at Sligo. As of now we have over 100 entries and less than 5 from forum members.

I'll definitely be doing one before the deadline.

Emailed mine to JB just now.

Lets get some more entries in guys for our friends at Sligo. As of now we have over 100 entries and less than 5 from forum members.

Smallie, Claire, Paul, Hackers and me - that's 5.

There are now. But not by much.

Back