TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

I've just booked my full iron fitting so by this time tomorrow I will have tried/bought my rocketbladez.

best of luck Mike! You are going to love them!!

I just pulled the trigger on a new set of these "distance irons". Making the switch from my beloved Mizuno mp32's to these is going to be an eye opener!

After trying a ton of clubs and shafts, the stock 85g rocketfuel stiffs actually felt half decent. I am switching over from DG S300's and am actually liking the lighter weight of the Rocketfuel shafts. The KBS Tour's seemed to have a pretty stiff tip on them for me, I swing my 7i 87mph. I decided to order up a 4-AW from "Davesgolfshack" on ebay, others have left feedback saying that the clubs are in fact authentic and he seems to sell a ton of stock from TM/Addidas. Tracking shows they arrive this Saturday and I'll report back with how they feel =)

Thanks for all the great input to send me over the edge and finally try some different irons.

Last edited:
I've just booked my full iron fitting so by this time tomorrow I will have tried/bought my rocketbladez.
Good stuff Mike. I hope that you like them as much as I do.
I was a Bristol boy - whereabouts are you?

Iam still awaiting a fitting with them the stock shafts are due in this week in 2 outlets with trackman,I use at the moment Nike vr fo with graff shafts,I have lost distance with these and I want to go back with steel shafts I have used my mates pingi20 with steel reg and they have been better so I what to see how the KBS reg go with the rocketbladez on trackman my Graff shafts are proforce reg 70grams I think the rocketbladez graff will be to lite !!

Im right in the centre bandito, where were you?

I will report back on my thoughts on them, will hopefully see an improvement on the 2.0s I'm using at the moment.

I will report back on my thoughts on them, will hopefully see an improvement on the 2.0s I'm using at the moment.
In bandit country of course!:alien2:

Avonmouth, Southmead, Lockleaze. Yikes!

then went to school at Clifton and became terribly posh what?

it's a good city all in all. my mum still has a broad Bristol accent, even though she left years ago.

Oooooops, forgot to talk golf in the last post. I am sure you have read the great reviews here. The biggest plus for me is the forgiveness of the clubs, especially off the toe. The biggest adjustment for me was learning my yardages. It used to be an approximate science for me, depending on the flight, the run etc. With these babies, if the pin is 150 yards away, then you want to carry it 150 yards. These things have dead cat bounce!:act-up:

The nice parts of Bristol then? :)

i think the main thing I'm looking for from them is a higher ball flight, and maybe slightly more consistency.

I just got home from Edwin Watts, where I bought that shop's first set up RocketBladez Tour irons. Can't wait to get them on the course!

I just got home from Edwin Watts, where I bought that shop's first set up RocketBladez Tour irons. Can't wait to get them on the course!
It didn't happen unless you produce pictures :)

Seriously, way cool purchase!

Um, PICS!!!!! Very cool dude, congrats on that. Having had those things in hand, they are astounding looking.

Um, PICS!!!!! Very cool dude, congrats on that. Having had those things in hand, they are astounding looking.

It was dark and I was late for Valentine's Day dinner! I will get some pics up soon. First round tomorrow at Southern Hills.

I switched from 2.0s, so if you're like me you'll see higher ball flight with steeper decent for softer landings. You might pick up a little distance, too. The RBLDZ are more forgiving on mishits, especially low on the face. You'll still get good distance from shots out on the toe compared to what the 2.0s would give you. Rather than just going for the green, you'll be going for the pin.

The nice parts of Bristol then? :)

i think the main thing I'm looking for from them is a higher ball flight, and maybe slightly more consistency.

My ball flight was low to medium and is now medium to high. I find that the one thing the club will not let me get away with is trying to really STAND on a shot. So, that slows me down a little bit...which gives consistency. So, if you are anything like me, these will be a great fit. I really look forward to hearing how you get on.

love the look of the wedges on these, very modern looking..

you guys think these will hold resale value if you keep these for lets say 2 years, that is why I went with G20s as they hold value and they were best looking out of the G line for me, even better than G25 that came out in SGI world..

you guys think these will hold resale value if you keep these for lets say 2 years, that is why I went with G20s as they hold value and they were best looking out of the G line for me, even better than G25 that came out in SGI world..

This is my first time with TM so I don't know. My suspicion is no because of the way TM markets, but again that is really just a suspicion. Personally, I value performance over resell value. Two years of extra fun and better shots has some amount of non monetary value that makes up for the potential resell value difference. Of course, if you really like the G20's and they are serving you well then this isn't much of a factor for you.

I will also say I'm not sure the perception about Pings holding value better is entirely true. I shared that view previously. But I see how the G20 driver that I bought new almost exactly 1 year ago with a regular price of $299 is now found online for $199.

I doubt they'll resell as highly as PING, though there really isn't much out there that will. I've never really cared about that though.

Fitting complete and now the proud owner of 5-AW Rocketbladez.

Really nice ball flight, and nice and forgiving. I can't wait for them to be delivered.

Really nice ball flight, and nice and forgiving. I can't wait for them to be delivered.

Nice!!!

I topped it off with an AMP Cell driver in silver, and some golf lessons, so turned into an expensive day.

Very happy with my new purchases though :)

I have the rocketballz irons 4-pw and I have loved them and shot some really good rounds with them however one thing is starting to annoy me about them now that i have a lot of rounds under my belt with them. They are not the tour version and the offset is really starting to bother me. I feel as if im trying to play a cut shot with my 4 and 5 irons to make the ball go straight. If i use the same swing as I would with a 6I im getting a good 20 yards of draw.

I tried the tours while I was having mine fitted. They are a very nice looking club and I can see how a better player would prefer them.

Congrats! what specs were you fitted for?

Back