This is what it looked like, but when I put the clear coat on, it smeared and now I have to redo it. This is taking forever!!!!!!! I'll post when... or if I finish with the finished product.

View attachment 7928

I like the black so much better than what TM had done to it. You don't need to clear coar it.

Here's the finished product. The air bubble in the 1st 'line' was already there. I think it turned out pretty good. I had to redo all of the places that were already black BTW when I stripped it.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here's the finished product. The air bubble in the 1st 'line' was already there. I think it turned out pretty good. I had to redo all of the places that were already black BTW when I stripped it.

View attachment 7938

That looks awesome Casey!! The black looks way better.

Here's my latest work. I'm thinking there may be a little too much orange.

2013-02-22_22-40-23_917_zps8fe2e5b8.jpg

2013-02-22_22-40-36_931_zps5c17ff49.jpg

For some reason its showing white spots on the rotex. But its all filled.

I like that a lot with the orange

what are some of you using as a paint tool? Seems like everyone's projects are coming out very neat

Here's my latest work. I'm thinking there may be a little too much orange.

2013-02-22_22-40-23_917_zps8fe2e5b8.jpg

2013-02-22_22-40-36_931_zps5c17ff49.jpg

For some reason its showing white spots on the rotex. But its all filled.

That looks great.

what are some of you using as a paint tool? Seems like everyone's projects are coming out very neat

I use paint markers I get at menards, I don't know the brand as I take off labels lol. I'm leaving to go there in a half hour so I'll post the name of them.

Testors paint and I just dip a toothpick in and spread it on.. Then take a folded paper towel with acetone and wipe.

I use paint markers I get at menards, I don't know the brand as I take off labels lol. I'm leaving to go there in a half hour so I'll post the name of them.

Testors paint and I just dip a toothpick in and spread it on.. Then take a folded paper towel with acetone and wipe.

thanks that's what I have too, the testors paint. Do you wipe after it dries or while it's wet?

View attachment 7938

That does look a lot better nice job.

thanks that's what I have too, the testors paint. Do you wipe after it dries or while it's wet?

I've tried both, and it really just depends on what I'm filling.. Often times I flood small type areas so it needs a quick wipe, but if it's just small overflow touchups I'll usually wait for it to dry.

I let it dry, only reason I do that is because if you do it while wet, the paint clumps a tiny bit and you run the risk of those getting into the fill.

Not only do I like that look 200s, how great does that wedge look overall?! Nice!

I like the look, I'm thinking of getting a 60* and doing that in neon green. I thought about doing the first two bottom grooves, but I didnt because of the other little tiny grooves.

Not like I did a whole lot, but I still want to share:

DSC_0805_zps69c705c5.jpg

DSC_0810_zpsb48aab1a.jpg

DSC_0817_zpsc1081116.jpg

DSC_0815_zpscb946025.jpg

DSC_0816_zps4392bc5a.jpg

nice James. Those pictures are fantastic too

Not like I did a whole lot, but I still want to share:

DSC_0805_zps69c705c5.jpg

DSC_0810_zpsb48aab1a.jpg

DSC_0817_zpsc1081116.jpg

DSC_0815_zpscb946025.jpg

DSC_0816_zps4392bc5a.jpg

Can you come to Michigan and take pics of my clubs lol? That green looks awesome, Its subtle but really stands out.

This is one of my favorite threads. Great to see all the hard work THPers are doing!

Thanks guys, I'm working on finding out how to embed that pic, IDK how to yet.

Also a tip for anyone doing this. Instead of using paper towels or a cloth to wipe the paint off either while its wet or when it dries. Use makeup applicators, or a firm sponge to wipe it off. It works extremely well and because it is firm, its less likely to get into the fill area and mess stuff up.

Would love to put some neon green on my putter, don't think I have the skills for it though. Nice job everyone!

Back