Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have. You not liking the low spin of the Classic?

Yes I do. I love the low spin. Went with Kusala white 56x to up launch and get some more spin and distance but now my launch is 15*-16* with a 9* head and although spin numbers are good. If I can bring that down to 11*-13* that would be ideal. Yes, I can prob pull the white and go with maybe a blue kusala but that would require $ out of pocket. Wondering how the Z star would compare with the stock dromos is 61s in a 10.5 head

Tapping away on my S3

Yes I do. I love the low spin. Went with Kusala white 56x to up launch and get some more spin and distance but now my launch is 15*-16* with a 9* head and although spin numbers are good. If I can bring that down to 11*-13* that would be ideal. Yes, I can prob pull the white and go with maybe a blue kusala but that would require $ out of pocket. Wondering how the Z star would compare with the stock dromos is 61s in a 10.5 head

Tapping away on my S3

What spin numbers are you seeing? I wouldn't think you would be losing much with 15* of launch. SS is around 105 right? With the conditioning of courses in FL getting roll with anything other than low bullets is tough. I bet you are getting great carry with that much launch if you aren't spinning it too much.

What spin numbers are you seeing? I wouldn't think you would be losing much with 15* of launch. SS is around 105 right? With the conditioning of courses in FL getting roll with anything other than low bullets is tough. I bet you are getting great carry with that much launch if you aren't spinning it too much.

Tapping away on my S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361932642567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361932642567.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 0
It looks like the one you launched lower had quite a bit more ball speed, but only carried 1 yard farther. Seems your numbers are doing pretty good. A Kusala Blue would probably bring it down, and I bet you could find someone to trade it out through an even trade if you look hard enough. I don't know if it is worth doing however.

What kind of balls were you using? Your smash factor is pretty low. You are leaving some yards on the table there.

Those numbers don't look bad. Ball speed seems a little low me. 254 carry is nothing to sneeze at. Miya Blues Can be found pretty regularly on the bay. Feel like though if you lower the launch with that spin and ball speed, you may actually see less carry. Or are you looking to sacrifice some carry to gain some roll out?

It looks like the one you launched lower had quite a bit more ball speed, but only carried 1 yard farther. Seems your numbers are doing pretty good. A Kusala Blue would probably bring it down, and I bet you could find someone to trade it out through an even trade if you look hard enough. I don't know if it is worth doing however.

What kind of balls were you using? Your smash factor is pretty low. You are leaving some yards on the table there.

My EXACT thoughts and is why I was just considering the Zstar trade. For the LM, golf galaxy had the TM Lethal and is what I used. I love the feel of my setup but I know it isnt "ideal" and I know there are yards to be gained with the right configuration. A driver fitting for shafts, with a non-adjustable driver is damn near impossible here without dropping the coin for each shaft.

Tapping away on my S3

Those numbers don't look bad. Ball speed seems a little low me. 254 carry is nothing to sneeze at. Miya Blues Can be found pretty regularly on the bay. Feel like though if you lower the launch with that spin and ball speed, you may actually see less carry. Or are you looking to sacrifice some carry to gain some roll out?

Actually carry to me is more important. I rather know what number I can clear in the air and then just take the added roll. But playing different conditions and courses and having a 250yrd carry with an extra 25-30yrds of roll out is not always good for me. A LOT of times that extra roll out puts me in the tress, water or somewhere not on the fairway. Thats why I prefer more carry along with tight dispersion and less rollout, as opposed to less carry and more rollout

Tapping away on my S3

My EXACT thoughts and is why I was just considering the Zstar trade. For the LM, golf galaxy had the TM Lethal and is what I used. I love the feel of my setup but I know it isnt "ideal" and I know there are yards to be gained with the right configuration. A driver fitting for shafts, with a non-adjustable driver is damn near impossible here without dropping the coin for each shaft.

Tapping away on my S3

I really doubt you gain much if any distance by lowering the flight. Your spin numbers are really good, I doubt you would gain anything by lowering the launch, if anything I think you would lose distance here in FL since I doubt you see much increased roll.

I really doubt you gain much if any distance by lowering the flight. Your spin numbers are really good, I doubt you would gain anything by lowering the launch, if anything I think you would lose distance here in FL since I doubt you see much increased roll.

This.

I think those numbers look good. In fact, I'd be pretty jacked up to have those numbers.

Actually carry to me is more important. I rather know what number I can clear in the air and then just take the added roll. But playing different conditions and courses and having a 250yrd carry with an extra 25-30yrds of roll out is not always good for me. A LOT of times that extra roll out puts me in the tress, water or somewhere not on the fairway. Thats why I prefer more carry along with tight dispersion and less rollout, as opposed to less carry and more rollout

Tapping away on my S3

If you are wanting to maximize carry I certainly wouldn't change a thing, other than somehow increasing the smash factor.

Exactly what I think..

If you are wanting to maximize carry I certainly wouldn't change a thing, other than somehow increasing the smash factor.
Wake, did you see the ball with 12* launch was the slowest swing speed, but had the highest ball speed by over 4mph? That ball speed with the 15* launch of the others might have been 260 carry. I agree just needs better smash factor or higher ball speed, which should go hand in hand.

Edit: And had a higher smash factor by 7 points...something seem off there or was that the magic swing that just was dead center on the face.

That Cleveland Custom XL driver looks pretty stealth and I have never even hit it.

This.

I think those numbers look good. In fact, I'd be pretty jacked up to have those numbers.

Thanks dude

Maybe I am just wanting a change for no reason. Based on your guys' s feedback it looks like im ok. But the reason this ponder all started was when I hit the new XL with B.asha 4s...below are those #'s. So maybe in my head I was thinking the Z star in 10.5 with Dromos 61s would give me something similiar, but not having gamed one to compare I was aiming in the dark.

Tapping away on my S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361934397324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361934397324.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 0
Wake, did you see the ball with 12* launch was the slowest swing speed, but had the highest ball speed by over 4mph? That ball speed with the 15* launch of the others might have been 260 carry. I agree just needs better smash factor or higher ball speed, which should go hand in hand.

Edit: And had a higher smash factor by 7 points...something seem off there or was that the magic swing that just was dead center on the face.

Yep I did see that, and even with all that ball speed he got no extra carry, I definitely think the high launch is not hurting him.

Yep I did see that, and even with all that ball speed he got no extra carry, I definitely think the high launch is not hurting him.

Wake is wise!

Your club head speed 4-6 MPH faster, ball speed is 6-8mph faster so all the numbers are just better. If you really want to make a change, put a B.Asha in your classic and call it a day. I would say the club head speed is from the light weight of the shaft, which then is getting the ball speed up higher.

Your club head speed 4-6 MPH faster, ball speed is 6-8mph faster so all the numbers are just better. If you really want to make a change, put a B.Asha in your classic and call it a day. I would say the club head speed is from the light weight of the shaft, which then is getting the ball speed up higher.

Playdough is wise, its either the lighter shaft or you were just looser that day. Either way the increased carry came from the higher SS, not really better numbers. As far as launch and spin goes, neither one is bad but I would take yours with the White over the Classic XL

Playdough is wise, its either the lighter shaft or you were just looser that day. Either way the increased carry came from the higher SS, not really better numbers. As far as launch and spin goes, neither one is bad but I would take yours with the White over the Classic XL

Thanks guys! Some seriously good info from you both! Gotta love THP!

Tapping away on my S3

Thanks guys! Some seriously good info from you both! Gotta love THP!

Tapping away on my S3
No problem buddy!! Glad I could assist!

Watching an Mfgp on the bay. I love love the look of that thing

Seriously considering the Classic XL with B.Asha 6S.... God I hit that thing way too well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back