Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I cut mine down to 45 inches from the stock length 45.75 and I like this setup much better.

45 seems to be the magic number!

Siri speaks for me!

I hit this and the Amp Cell Pro today. Had some really really great swings with both. The setting for me with Amp Cell was 8.5. Initially I hit it at 10.5 and my spin numbers were off the charts. I then hit the Pro to compare at 8.5 and it was alittle low on the launch angle, but with really really great spin numbers. I really really liked both. My dispersion was excellent with both. The one thing I did notice was that my miss was slightly more right with the Pro than the regular Cell. I am now completely torn with which to bag. If I go regular cell and we are allowed to chose an after market shaft, my setting will be 8.5. If I go Pro it will be slightly higher. If we are asked to play the stock shaft I will end up gaming the Pro. Overall however I loved both and feel like both models of the club is special. Also, the stock shaft was much better this time around in the Cell. Still not for me, but I enjoyed it much more than the last time I hit it.

Good feedback Tim. I need to hit both side by side. I would really like to hit both heads with the same shaft if possible.

I hit this and the Amp Cell Pro today. Had some really really great swings with both. The setting for me with Amp Cell was 8.5. Initially I hit it at 10.5 and my spin numbers were off the charts. I then hit the Pro to compare at 8.5 and it was alittle low on the launch angle, but with really really great spin numbers. I really really liked both. My dispersion was excellent with both. The one thing I did notice was that my miss was slightly more right with the Pro than the regular Cell. I am now completely torn with which to bag. If I go regular cell and we are allowed to chose an after market shaft, my setting will be 8.5. If I go Pro it will be slightly higher. If we are asked to play the stock shaft I will end up gaming the Pro. Overall however I loved both and feel like both models of the club is special. Also, the stock shaft was much better this time around in the Cell. Still not for me, but I enjoyed it much more than the last time I hit it.

I have been trying the 10.5 then 11.5 with some weird trajectories with the stock shaft. I dropped it down to the 9.5D setting today and wow, I was hitting sweet draws with better trajectory than the higher lofts :confused2:. I still want to drop a different motor under the hood, to see what she can really put out.

Good feedback Tim. I need to hit both side by side. I would really like to hit both heads with the same shaft if possible.

I wanted to do this too, but it was getting crowded and they weren't having it haha

I have been trying the 10.5 then 11.5 with some weird trajectories with the stock shaft. I dropped it down to the 9.5D setting today and wow, I was hitting sweet draws with better trajectory than the higher lofts :confused2:. I still want to drop a different motor under the hood, to see what she can really put out.

I was shocked at how changing the loft really changed my spin and launch numbers. It really is an all in one driver. I was kind of skeptical before I hit it and really looked at the numbers. Not any more.

I was shocked at how changing the loft really changed my spin and launch numbers. It really is an all in one driver. I was kind of skeptical before I hit it and really looked at the numbers. Not any more.
It's amazing how many options are in one club and how those changes lead to great results!!!

I was hitting the cell & zl, I had to keep opening the head at address, or change settings all the time for not to hit crazy hooks...my swing is better for open position, I sure need to get my hands on the pro with fade 9.5 settings!

Last edited:
Great thoughts wcbm! I'm also interested to see what the shaft options will be.

loving your thought comparison between the two drivers brother!

having not seen the Pro model yet myself, did you notice a big difference between the 460cc and 440cc head size?
any distance gains/losses between either setup?

loving your thought comparison between the two drivers brother!

having not seen the Pro model yet myself, did you notice a big difference between the 460cc and 440cc head size?
any distance gains/losses between either setup?

The Pro didn't look small, but the Cell looked huge. There was a difference but I would say it was the other way (bigger). Distance was almost identical. Spin numbers were lower with the Pro, but carry numbers were slightly better with the Cell. Which made perfect sense. Over all, the only thing that will probabaly sway me was the left to right ball movement. It was slightly greater with the Pro than the Cell. My power fade is more controlled with the Cell.

The Pro didn't look small, but the Cell looked huge. There was a difference but I would say it was the other way (bigger). Distance was almost identical. Spin numbers were lower with the Pro, but carry numbers were slightly better with the Cell. Which made perfect sense. Over all, the only thing that will probabaly sway me was the left to right ball movement. It was slightly greater with the Pro than the Cell. My power fade is more controlled with the Cell.

I sometimes even get a bit of a draw with the cell, which is unheard of (and much welcomed) for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I sometimes even get a bit of a draw with the cell, which is unheard of (and much welcomed) for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

This is exactly why I am probably going Cell over Pro. Just that touch of draw bias seems perfect.

makes sense then.
i know the Cell is more GI over the Pro, so to speak....but i noticed the same thing, that it is mildly draw biased. and with Tim's results seeing the Pro a little more fade biased, it's too bad that the settings weren't switched in the tips for the MyFly adapters. to have 2 Fade settings on the Cell and 2 Draw settings on the Pro. or can you switch them?
i'm probably splitting hairs here. just hit the damn ball!

ddec asked that awhile back, didn't he? i forgot what the deal with that was.....

ddec, what's the answer?!

makes sense then.
i know the Cell is more GI over the Pro, so to speak....but i noticed the same thing, that it is mildly draw biased. and with Tim's results seeing the Pro a little more fade biased, it's too bad that the settings weren't switched in the tips for the MyFly adapters. to have 2 Fade settings on the Cell and 2 Draw settings on the Pro. or can you switch them?
i'm probably splitting hairs here. just hit the damn ball!

ddec asked that awhile back, didn't he? i forgot what the deal with that was.....

ddec, what's the answer?!

Never got a true set in stone answer.

I went out today and dialed back in the 11.5 setting. I changed the ball position and this driver felt oh SO good! The more I hit big blue and bond to it, the more I'm falling in love.

Never got a true set in stone answer.

wow. you're fast. pretty impressive.

well, the MyFly sleeve adapters are sold by Pro and Cell models, so i guess it's probably safe to assume that it's setup per adapter and there will be no swapping of any sort.

if i'm repeating things we've already discussed, just slap me....

wow. you're fast. pretty impressive.

well, the MyFly sleeve adapters are sold by Pro and Cell models, so i guess it's probably safe to assume that it's setup per adapter and there will be no swapping of any sort.

if i'm repeating things we've already discussed, just slap me....

I would assume the same thing. Hit this today and the best setting I saw was dropping it down to 8.5. I think if I pair this with a low launch low spin shaft I would be in good shape.

I submitted a request to Cobra to see if the Amp Cell Pro adapter can be put in the Amp Cell to offer even more options to the adjustments. Will let you folks know when I get a reply. My silver Amp cell will be in Tuesday and I am going to order more adapters from Golfworks.com and use several shafts I have on hand to see what I can do with them.

Just spitballing here, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a Limited Edition Head that matched the shaft and headcover graphics, maybe not to game, but more as a show piece!!!

I submitted a request to Cobra to see if the Amp Cell Pro adapter can be put in the Amp Cell to offer even more options to the adjustments. Will let you folks know when I get a reply. My silver Amp cell will be in Tuesday and I am going to order more adapters from Golfworks.com and use several shafts I have on hand to see what I can do with them.
Sounds awesome. Please let us know what you find out from Cobra and your testing.

BTW, Welcome to THP!

Back