SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
I talked the club pro at my course to set up lessons. I mentioned to him how I played 37 holes the other Saturday. He said that the record for walking that course was 54 holes in one day.

This caught my curiosity and now I want to try to break that record. The course has a slope rating of 131. How hard do you think it would be to actually achieve this?

I talked the club pro at my course to set up lessons. I mentioned to him how I played 37 holes the other Saturday. He said that the record for walking that course was 54 holes in one day.

This caught my curiosity and now I want to try to break that record. The course has a slope rating of 131. How hard do you think it would be to actually achieve this?

I don't think it is a problem. I don't know how hilly the course is, but at 53, I easily walked 72 in a day by starting at 6:30 and quitting around 6PM. Even now, at 62, I have walked 36 in a day and taken a break to go home, nap and eat lunch.

Depends. How far is it between holes? How hilly is it, especially on a long walk to the next tee? Also how long is the course itself? The course I play most often isn't really high on the slope, but a lot of the holes have a good distance from one green to the next tee box.

The course is extremely hilly. I always walk when I play after work, and people always comment about how hard it is to walk the course and can't believe that I am walking. Those people tend to be a little on the pudgy side though.

I have felt like I could walk another 18 after walking a round before. So if you get used to walking 36 the extra 18 or 19 to break the record shouldnt be too far of a reach. Good luck, I bet if there was a record for driving a golf cart, I could break it.

I hit the ball a lot and I mean a lot during a round. Any more than 18 and I'd probably drop.

I have walked 36 quite a few times but never more than that. Depending on how hot it is I have felt like I could fairly easily walk another 18 but my course is set up to walk with the tee boxes fairly close together. It is fairly hilly though.

I occasionally play another course locally that some of the greens to the next tee box seem like they are more than a quarter of a mile apart. :angry:

I don't think I'd have more than 36 in me....never tried but I doubt I could do more than that

I think it comes down to what kind of shape you are in. I know people who can barely make it to 18 on foot...they have horrible cardio and never exercise.

I would say that I am in pretty good shape. Probably about 8-10% body fat and generally athletic.

It's too hard to walk more than 18 at my local CC, 17 is a 220 yrd. par and 20 yards straight uphill.

What's the need or want play 36 or more holes in one day?18 is enough for me.I will no longer play more then 18 unless in a tournament.

I get worn out playing 36 holes with a cart, seriously doubt I could walk 54 holes & keep my mind fresh enough to execute halfway decent shots.

What's the need or want play 36 or more holes in one day?18 is enough for me.I will no longer play more then 18 unless in a tournament.

Well, it is a challenge and I love challenges. Last time I played over 18 was because I was having so much fun that I did not want to quit, so I didn't.

I like SethO....he's the person who wants to climb Everest just because it's there! :clapp::clapp:

Back