If Rory has a bad week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know if I buy the "toothache" excuse....even if it was bothering him...finish the round...then tell everyone about it...you are the #1 player in the world for goodness sake (at least for now)

On the Golf channel, they wondered if it was a Tooth ache or a Golf ache.. I would like to think we would have heard about a tooth issue before today.. Sorry guys, I also wonder......

As much as it's on the local news here you'd think he robbed a bank! I didn't really think about it before but He's a kid and maybe he really has a toothache!

I will sympathize with Rory here and exactly as you said, OG. There are two types of pain that just bring me to my knees. Tooth pain. And back pain. Both would have me walking off a golf course, real fast.

I heard on the golf channel that he had problems with the tooth a week ago and was given some prescription meds. He ran out of the stronger stuff this weekend and the advil didn't make the cut either. Heck let's all jump on the young man and beat em down. He's prime meat right now so throw em on the griller and rip em a good one. Millionaire or poor guy like me, when a bad toothache blows up, abscesses etc., you're irritated, hurting like hell, and don't give a crap if anyone cares if you hit the highway or not.

I heard on the golf channel that he had problems with the tooth a week ago and was given some prescription meds. He ran out of the stronger stuff this weekend and the advil didn't make the cut either. Heck let's all jump on the young man and beat em down. He's prime meat right now so throw em on the griller and rip em a good one. Millionaire or poor guy like me, when a bad toothache blows up, abscesses etc., you're irritated, hurting like hell, and don't give a crap if anyone cares if you hit the highway or not.

So he had problems for a week and didn't do anything about it? Makes sense to me. He probably couldn't afford the copay.

problem with toothache is that you can not put it out your mind, it's not something you can forget about.

Pay me millions of dollars to perform and I can put it out of my mind. Anbesol cost $5 and works.

So he had problems for a week and didn't do anything about it? Makes sense to me. He probably couldn't afford the copay.

I do agree he should have had at least a couple of refills of the real pain meds. He may be against prescriptions meds. Maybe he had already committed to the Honda Classic and was trying to honor it. He's got swing problems no doubt, however I would bet he's got a real tooth issue too. It looks like there are folks in here tougher than I am. I've had tooth pain so severe, it made my ears ache and that took this big guy down. Now I was able to make it two years with a torn meniscus in my knee, excessive scar tissue and excessive inflammation however that's child's play compare to a tooth ache, at least for me.

I can't believe anyone is actually buying this toothache story....

If he had a toothache, why didn't he say something about it when he left the course? Instead he said "There's not really much I can say, guys. I'm not in a good place mentally, you know?"

Last I checked a toothache isn't a mental issue. And the toothache story only came out after he spoke with his publicist, who clearly tried to spin it to take the heat off Rory for quitting.

If he had a toothache, why didn't he say something about it when he left the course? Instead he said "There's not really much I can say, guys. I'm not in a good place mentally, you know?"

Last I checked a toothache isn't a mental issue. And the toothache story only came out after he spoke with his publicist, who clearly tried to spin it to take the heat off Rory for quitting.

The golf channel's post tournament news reported he had issues with the tooth over a week ago and was put on prescription pain medicine then. It's not like he all of a sudden had a toothache come on today.

This is my thing. I actually believe that he has a tooth issue. But I don't believe it's the reason for his WD. I think that was just an awful move on his part. Suck it up, shoot your 80-something, and go home for the weekend. Then use the toothache as the reason for missing the cut, rather than as a (very late) excuse for leaving.

The golf channel's post tournament news reported he had issues with the tooth over a week ago and was put on prescription pain medicine then. It's not like he all of a sudden had a toothache come on today.

If that's the case, shouldn't he have taken care of it since he exited the match play very early, instead of going to play 36 with Tiger over the weekend?

Ok let's take a 500 lb anchor, tie it to his feet and chunk his arse in with the lake with the loch nest monster. I need my refill for Low-T so I'm outta here.

Before I had insurance I had a tooth rotten to the nerve. If my boss was paying me MILLIONS and I just got and left I would be out of a job. Instead I loaded up with anbesol and sucked it up. If I was a exec at Nike I would be seriously PO'd right now. How many more excuses do we have to hear from him. His swing? His tooth? Come on

If that's the case, shouldn't he have taken care of it since he exited the match play very early, instead of going to play 36 with Tiger over the weekend?

DING, DING DING. And we have a winner. I believe that you, Mr Smallville have hit the nail on the head. If this was truely an issue last wee, then why was he on the course for 36 with Tigger instead of get the tooth taken care of.

Rory quitting really annoys me, and no he's not on my fantasy team. Does the Fowler bandwagon have any room left?

toothache my arss hes a professional athlete. suck it up and go play.

Yeah the thing that's bothersome, i gues, is that he had to withdraw because of his wisdom tooth yet he's playing next week then getting it taken out the week after that. What? He has the ability to have gotten that thing taken out this afternoon and be ready for doral next week or worst case scenerio pull out of doral and play innisbrook or bay hill to make up for it.

I understand scheduling wise why he'd originally opt to have it taken out the week of innisbrook. However if it is such a problem that he had to withdraw (which I think that most of us think is a bs excuse), then why are you not having it taken care of and trying to play with it again next week? That doesn't compute

Yeah the thing that's bothersome, i gues, is that he had to withdraw because of his wisdom tooth yet he's playing next week then getting it taken out the week after that. What? He has the ability to have gotten that thing taken out this afternoon and be ready for doral next week or worst case scenerio pull out of doral and play innisbrook or bay hill to make up for it.

I understand scheduling wise why he'd originally opt to have it taken out the week of innisbrook. However if it is such a problem that he had to withdraw (which I think that most of us think is a bs excuse), then why are you not having it taken care of and trying to play with it again next week? That doesn't compute

It leaves an option for an early withdrawal next week if he plays bad again.

Rory is have an extremely hard time dealing with the pressure after signing with Nike. It's not the clubs, it's not the tooth it's the pressure. He is just not handling it as a professional. Being Woods "side kick" is a very big mistake in my opinion.

If you read all the press, the infamous "tooth" was never mentioned by him before or after his exit. HE stated he was not in a good place mentally. His "people" came up with that lame ass excuse..

I still give him a pass on this. It's only March the 2nd. Even if it is the clubs, the ball or the pressure, he will be ok. It's early. I don't see much reason to roast the guy. We human's love to throw stones while living in glass house's.

I still give him a pass on this. It's only March the 2nd. Even if it is the clubs, the ball or the pressure, he will be ok. It's early. I don't see much reason to roast the guy. We human's love to throw stones while living in glass house's.

I would like to think no one is "roasting" Rory. I feel bad for the kid. He has put himself on the firing line and it appears to be beating him up. His "peeps" making excuses really does him no justice. I hope he can get "things" straight real quick.

I would like to think no one is "roasting" Rory. I feel bad for the kid. He has put himself on the firing line and it appears to be beating him up. His "peeps" making excuses really does him no justice. I hope he can get "things" straight real quick.

Yeah but has he put himself on the firing line, or have we put him on the firing line by speculating that we really know what's going on with him?

Yeah but has he put himself on the firing line, or have we put him on the firing line by speculating that we really know what's going on with him?

When someone in the public spot light does things to draw attention to him or herself, this is what is going to happen. What anyone says here is really not important. He is getting a lot of questioning from the sports media along with other media. Sadly, if he want's to play with the big boys, he has to "man up" and deal with it. One think can be assure, the pressure is only going to become more intense. No one said it was going to be easy for him..

Yes...When someone signs that kind of deal the costs are pretty high and you have to wonder sometimes if it's really worth it. Rory was going to be very wealthy and very successful w/o the deal...now, at least for a long while, he'll have to live is life in a very small fishbowl.

When someone in the public spot light does things to draw attention to him or herself, this is what is going to happen. What anyone says here is really not important. He is getting a lot of questioning from the sports media along with other media. Sadly, if he want's to play with the big boys, he has to "man up" and deal with it. One think can be assure, the pressure is only going to become more intense. No one said it was going to be easy for him..

Sorry, but that's the most bogus thing I have ever heard. When has Rory ever done anything to draw attention to himself? He's not out there posting funny movies with his buddies, cliff diving, or any number of the other stories I've heard this year from other golfers. By the way, I'm not saying it's a bad thing those golfers are doing those things at all.

The only thing Rory has done to draw attention to himself is win a couple of majors, reach #1 ranking, and switch sponsorships. He's one of the most humble players on the tour, and the first to admit when he messes up and doesn't try to make excuses for why things happened (think about the Masters when he fell apart on the back 9). The guy withdrew from a tournament, how many other players withdrew this week? I think I saw 3 other players withdrew, yet nobody is going off on them and what it means to their sponsors. If a player's head isn't in the game what's the point in staying out on the course? He wasn't going to make the cut, he wasn't enjoying himself, and he obviously felt like he needed to leave. Get off his back. And by the way I felt the same way when Mickelson withdrew from the Memorial last year. People don't want the "stars" of golf to receive special treatment, but when they withdraw (like many players do each tourney) people want to hold them to a "higher standard". Which is it? Treat them all the same, or treat them differently? You can't pick and choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back