Favorite sounding driver?

CurtM85

Reaction score
Handicap
+1.4
My favorite is the Callaway FT-3 driver. Sounded like hitting the ball with a 2x4 when you hit it good. I finally replaced it when the FT-Tour came out and picked up huge distance, but I still miss that sound!

Oh and I hated the Hi-Bore sound.

913 D2 sounds great

My Razr Fit. Love the sound and feel of it.

Supertri and covert tour.

AMP Cell.

Just a powerful noise.

Razr Fit - love the sound of my driver, not overly loud, but a nice thud when you connect with the ball.

Mine???

Danica Patrick <grin>

Taylormade R11S

I'd have to say so far mine is the Classic. The sound is just a good solid thwack that lets you know you murdered one. Gets a little bit tingy when you miss the center, but that's a good thing IMO.

Adams 9064LS and Callaway FT-9

Worst is RBZ.

Adams 9064LS and Callaway FT-9

Worst is RBZ.

RBZ is pretty noisy. I think the worst sounding driver I've ever played was the Nike Sumo 5900. It was louder than an aluminum baseball bat. It was also like swinging a shoe box on a stick, but damn if it wasn't forgiving and pretty darn long.

I don't pay attention to the sounds. As long as it doesn't sound like an aluminum bat, I don't really notice! I couldn't tell you exactly what my Razr Fit sounds like.

1) Tour Edge Exotics XCG6
2) Titleist 910
3) Razr Fit

SuperTri
Amp
Classic

Three very different, but very pleasing sounds to my ears.

Cobra Speed Ld

Cleveland Classic & Callaway X-Hot

Razr Fit and 910

From what I've ever used or hit,
mines is the original Cleveland Classic and Titleist 913D2

Don't pay much attention to sound but I'd say the R11S. I know I'm in the minority but I like the louder sound. It doesn't bother me at all and I feel like I'm hitting the ball further with the sound.

I'd have to say so far mine is the Classic. The sound is just a good solid thwack that lets you know you murdered one. Gets a little bit tingy when you miss the center, but that's a good thing IMO.

I agree with this. The Classic has a nice thud that lets you know that you hammered the ball. No pings or echoes, just a nice solid thud to let you know the job is done.

My r11, it sounds like a train wreck

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

910 D3

The Cleveland Classic sounds the best to me...a muted yet powerful thwack.

Back