Calling all uk based thp hackers!

Agreed.

I believe the best handicap we have for this trip is a 12, and then a mixture of mid teens and a couple of 20's.

Besides which this trip is as much about the social aspect as it is the golf :)

Thank the heavens for that! I NR'd on the 3rd, but even without that would have been well into triple figures. The Golfing Gods decide that today, I needed taking down a peg or two; so I was put over the knee and spanked for 3 and a half hours. Wild drives, scuffed irons, fat pitches, duffed chips and 2 foot missed putts, I had the lot today. Well and truly chastened!

But, I played with two charming Gents whom were good company, it was dry and the air was fresh.

With luck I got all the rubbish out of the way in one round, and will be back on form tomorrow! But don't be surprised if I appear on the first tee, PW in hand!

Have fun guys, wish I'd have seen this thread earlier as I probably would have made the trip over from Copenhagen. Hope it all goes well and is just the first of more to come!
Hey NavyMustang, I do a little business in Denmark from time to time. I have a friend who lives over in Jutland, near Aarhus and we usually try to get a game in when the summer is back. Maybe we can get together? I think that we are keen to get some regular UK and Europe get togethers going, so keep your eyes peeled! Would be great to have a US presence too!

I'm all set for a 6 o'clock set off just for an early night now!!

I'm all set for a 6 o'clock set off just for an early night now!!
Alarm call 4am for me.....(joys of M25 on a Monday morning!) sleep well!

Leaving at 6.30am so I can get some brekkie on the way. Aiming to be there for 9am or earlier, so I can get us booked in at the Pro shop and confirm our official tee times, get some range balls sorted etc.

See you in the bar for coffee :)

Looking forward to hearing all about this one guys. You all have a blast and GolferGal and myself will be thinking about you guys.

Looking forward to hearing all about this one guys. You all have a blast and GolferGal and myself will be thinking about you guys.

Thanks JB! Right boys. Up since 4, am about to tuck into brekkie at the hotel. Look for a fat very tired man! THP cap sitting opposite me.

Have fun guys!

This little Belgian will make the trip the next time! (Being out of a job and such made it hard to justify it now to my wife)

Pretty gutted I can't be there...

Coming for breakfast now, see you on 5 mins!

have fun out there today fellas!

Have fun today gents! Pics or it didn't happen

Too right Chunky, I expect to see plenty of pics from them

I was a bit gutted I couldn't make this but I will definitely be up for a golf day

Well, the first days play has been great and I think everyone has been enjoying themselves.

I'll be doing a full report including pictures when I get home tomorrow evening, however I will say the "Red Ball" competition that we played today was won by my team with 32 points. Second place team came in with 28 and third place team scored -7 due to losing both their primary and back up ball before the third tee :)

The singles competition is wide open with 3 points separating 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, and the remainder f the field not far behind so it's all to play for tomorrow.

But enough of that, Im off to make use of the Jaccuzzi, steam room, sauna and swimming pool for an hour before we head down for numerous beers and a curry this evening :bananadance:

More to follow!

Just got back from the golf trip - awsome event - full report to follow this evening..........

Was an awesome event. Well managed and fun had by all, undoubtedly.

Just as well I won that longest drive comp as I was nosh for the rest of it!!

I will definitely look forward to the next one and meeting some more UK hackers.

To all participants in the UK 2013 THP cup. Thank you! It was a great pleasure to meet you all. Special thanks to Mav281 for putting it together. I look forward to his 'official' review, before I start with any anecdotes! I hope all returned safely. Fantastic work out of you all.

May all your balls be red.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats to you guys for putting this together and doing it. I've enjoyed following from afar and look forward to the official writeup later today. Very well done.

Indeed. Well said Stu. Nice touch with the printed balls btw - thanks.

Great to have met you all - here's to the next one!!

Would love to join up on the next event here in the UK. I have a quick question, do we Brits also get to do equipment testing for THP?

Yes Smudger, we do. THP advertise when they are looking for people and you put your name down for it.

Looking forward to some recaps and some pics of the amazing courses over there

What a fantastic couple of days, huge thanks to Mav(Chris) for organising such a great event and ensuring we for to play it on the hottest day of the year!!

Loved the red ball team event, that was great fun and loads of pressure when you had that little res ball!

Huge thanks to the Bridgestone momento balls El Bandito, nice to be able to try the e5 and keep as a souvenir.

And great to meet all the other UK Hackers, especially as 5 of the 9 of us were Leeds United fans! That doesn't happen very often.

Lastly for now, I loved that pub, good beer and our own games room. If we ever return to this venue we need more time in that pub! However with the lure of the curry house next door it might be difficult!

Thanks all for a great couple of days!

Would love to join up on the next event here in the UK. I have a quick question, do we Brits also get to do equipment testing for THP?
Yes Smudger, we do. THP advertise when they are looking for people and you put your name down for it.

Bully is correct. One other thing, you don't have to be an Albatross Club member to test equipment. But you might want to consider joining becuase equipment ships for free to AC members who are testing. Non AC members pay shipping themselves, which could get fairly expensive for you guys.

Thanks Bully, if you'd have seen the wobble I had on 10, 11 & 13 you might have wondered how I'd get 20 points let alone win! Well done for the drive on 15, that was done hit!

Thanks Bully, if you'd have seen the wobble I had on 10, 11 & 13 you might have wondered how I'd get 20 points let alone win! Well done for the drive on 15, that was done hit!
I think a signature adjustment might be appropriate Mr Crag Rat Winter UK Champion, Sir?

Back