Painting driver heads?

Trout that is such a huge help. I can't believe you looked up a place in Calgary. Thank you for spelling it out for me like this.

Keep in mind Scrap that urethane paints stop crosslinking and drying at 43 degrees, so make sure it's kind of warm and also make sure you have plenty of clean air flow, it will help the paint dry as well. Always wear a disposable respirator too! that's some nasty stuff to be breathing. If you have any questions or concerns shoot me a pm and I can get more technical or thorough if you need it.

Makes sure you post some pics scrap. I started this cause I thought I was just gonna be able to reshaft my driver and 5wd but after getting my fitting its not gonna happen.

If I get some time in the next couple weeks I'll do two and do a photo step by step. One will be raw metal and the other will be a driver with paint on it, because you don't have to strip the head to paint it.

For some technical reason pasting this club repair site didn't take. It's golfclubhospital.com, based in Minnesota. The pics indicate that they do great work with refinishing and painting metal woods, putters and also wooden clubs. The prices are very fair.

Thank you for posting this. I am going to head over there during my lunch break tomorrow with the rbz tour. Love the club, but not the white.

If I get some time in the next couple weeks I'll do two and do a photo step by step. One will be raw metal and the other will be a driver with paint on it, because you don't have to strip the head to paint it.

You know an inordinate amount of information about paint and how it bonds to surfaces......you're awesome Marc

I would love to see some photo's if anyone has them. I am debating on painting an Adams Super LS LDA head I just picked up. It has a big scuff on the crown, but otherwise looks new. Was thinking I could send it to continental, but don't really want to put over $50 in to a head that will just be an experiment anyway.

Paint + golf club(s) = Never

Zero durability.

Repainted my 3 wood I purchased for $23. Let's see how it holds up
4A406A49-3FC5-4BD4-9A4D-458B267F3DCA_zpsv0lhx4x6.jpg

And did it hold up?!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Back