Pat O'Brien at Golf Galaxy In Grapevine March 23

afwcardinal

Go Cards
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
????
Thought there might be some interest here locally in the DFW area.
20130309_140229_zps12c6848d.jpg

Looks interesting. If I don't go out of town that weekend, count me in!

Pretty sure I will be there was well.

SUPER nice guy. Lots of knowledge will be doled out there.

Pat is one of the nicest guys could ever meet. He knows his stuff when it comes to putting especially with a Seemore. I hope all Dallas area THPers get to a chance to take advantage of this putting clinic.

My guess is no. I imagine its a promotional type visit sponsored by the store.

Does this cost anything?

I expect you to be there! You will need it after all the 3 jacks your going to post up on Saturday!

Bump this up and hope to see some of you tomorrow.

Get out if can people. A great instructor.

TapAhoy!

I'm the one who posted this and I forgot about it. I think I will be there, but I will be late. Crap. I decided to go in to work today, been having to many golf purchases for the last few weeks. Need to get more cash coming in.

umavaru7.jpg

y6y7e9eg.jpg

Good day so far!!!

can't wait to hear more. Wonder if they drew a good crowd for this

Went to Golf Galaxy to meet Pat O'brien for a little putting knowledge. What a great person. It was just cool sitting around talking with him. Got to spend some time with him working with my grip. That was trhe one thing tha I wanted to talk to him about. I def could have spent the whole afternoon talking with him, just felt I needed to keep my time limited with him. There may have been a bunch a of people there earlier, but very few when I finally showed up. I pretty much walked up and started talking with him. He listen to me talk about THP and Jman's fitting and lesson experience with Brady. He said he had spent some time on the THP sight before. Glad to hear that.
I ran into him in the parking lot on the way out. I had to stop and let him know how much I appreciated him coming out and helping/working with people today. I guess it was for him to drum up more business, as I saw the hats (see niteowl03's pics),DVDs, and seemore training items being boxed up after he left th building. I did not notice it when I first got there. Must have just been preoccupied watching him give a quick lesson to somebody as I was walking up. To know the truth, I wasa little amped up and nervous walking up and talking to him. I don't understand why, but I was. I was actually pumped leaving th parking lot, realizing that I had just had the chance to talk with Pat O'brien abou SeeMore golf and putting. Best day ever in a golf store.

Glad you had a chance to meet and talk to Pat, AFW. He is a real delight. I was fortunate enough to get a lesson from him at the PGA Show a couple years ago and what he taught me still helps me on the greens. I hope there were many others who came out before you arrived.

awesome! very jealous. would love to meet Pat and pick his brain a little bit.

I hope I get the opportunity to do that again sometime. Really enjoyed it. The man has some serious knowledge.

When I first showed up they told me that Pat was running a bit late so I hung out putting with dad for a bit. I really expected there to be like 200 people there and was kinda upset when we were the only ones when he showed up. I guess we are just spoiled here with all the SeeMore knowledge and people dont know how good they really are. I had envisioned Pat doing some kinda presentation and then a little Q&A session. With no one there Pat walked over to us and just entered right into a mini putting lesson. Started with posture which I have been working on and he just wanted me standing up about 3in more. Then he changed my grip which I am pretty excited about and then we discussed address and alignment. I am hoping to steal some time away tomorrow to get out to Leonards and start practicing some of this. I have to admit I was a little nervous to meet him with all the build-up around here but he was a real down to earth guy. He would fit into the THP community real well! We chatted about THP, Johnson and all things SeeMore before other people started showing up. This was a great experience and one I hope will translate well to the course. I will probably try and schedule a followup with Pat in a month or so just to double check my progress.

Extremely jealous. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I lived in the area.

It was definitely and experience for me too. What a good guy he is. I would love to take lessons from the guy, but if I remmber right, Cookie looked into it and he is way out of my price range. I guess it's time to find a Silver certified SPI. Hey Brady,I 'm getting ready to call you and set up my lesson.

It was definitely and experience for me too. What a good guy he is. I would love to take lessons from the guy, but if I remmber right, Cookie looked into it and he is way out of my price range. I guess it's time to find a Silver certified SPI. Hey Brady,I 'm getting ready to call you and set up my lesson.

I looked into him and he is $150 an hour. Not a bad rate for someone with his qualifications but a bit out of my price range. They were offering the hats or the DVD as gifts for those that attended. I had a hard time deciding as I wanted both but the DVD is easily available at most golf stores...A SeeMore hat with his signature on it is a little harder to come by.

Wish I would have realised that. I def would have taken one of either. That hat was sweet. Glad to see that you picked one up. I saw them boxing them up after he left.
I looked into him and he is $150 an hour. Not a bad rate for someone with his qualifications but a bit out of my price range. They were offering the hats or the DVD as gifts for those that attended. I had a hard time deciding as I wanted both but the DVD is easily available at most golf stores...A SeeMore hat with his signature on it is a little harder to come by.

Send him a tweet and if hat doesnt work i can email Emily and see what i can do!

Is she his assistant or is she from the store?
Send him a tweet and if hat doesnt work i can email Emily and see what i can do!

Back