Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon and Boren are probably their two biggest loses, with Sabino as well.

I don't mind tOSU so I hope they are up there this year.

Not sure what to expect from Texas this upcoming year. The defense cannot get any worse, that is for sure.

I don't mind tOSU so I hope they are up there this year.

Not sure what to expect from Texas this upcoming year. The defense cannot get any worse, that is for sure.

I'm excited dude, Tressel was good at beating Michigan but struggled in the big games. I think Meyer is going to be the X Factor. The dude wins football games.

I'm excited dude, Tressel was good at beating Michigan but struggled in the big games. I think Meyer is going to be the X Factor. The dude wins football games.

He really does. No doubt about that

They always schedule their home and aways when these teams are good and then when the time comes 8 years later they are terrible.

Too bad Alabama backed out of the deal to play in 2016.

They always schedule their home and aways when these teams are good and then when the time comes 8 years later they are terrible.

Too bad Alabama backed out of the deal to play in 2016.

That could have been awesome. I love the out of conference big games they have at Jerryworld and stuff. Really adds some excitement when Texas is playing Wyoming or Eastern South Western San Diego Community College

We have an awesome schedule this year. I'm excited.

March committments have no bearing on anything in this day in age.

I know it doesn't. Still doesn't hurt to see it this early on when his dad was a star DE and 1st round draft pick at Tennessee. His mom is alumni as well and add on that he's grown up and played HS football in Knoxville and I feel pretty good about him.

I know it's not concrete, but its just more of a "he's ours to lose at this point" kind of thing.

I was hoping the Harlem Shake had died..... until Frank Beamer did this:

This one's for you, hokiegolfer!

That's awesome, I love seeing the coaches get involved!

Just got another commit. Neiko Creamer, a 6'4" 220lb WR that runs a 4.6 40. Hell of an athlete too. Only a 3 star because he was injured most of his junior year.

I know, as War said before about Todd Kelley, that commits don't mean much this time of year. I'm pretty confident in them though as they are both "Legacy Recruits" (their fathers played at UT and they've been die hard fans themselves their entire lives).

I like the direction the Vols are heading since Jones came into town. An entirely different atmosphere around the Vols football program right now.

The Big 10 as Simpsons!!!
N7Alr77.jpg

Who did it better, Les or Beamer?

Just got another commit. Neiko Creamer, a 6'4" 220lb WR that runs a 4.6 40. Hell of an athlete too. Only a 3 star because he was injured most of his junior year.

I know, as War said before about Todd Kelley, that commits don't mean much this time of year. I'm pretty confident in them though as they are both "Legacy Recruits" (their fathers played at UT and they've been die hard fans themselves their entire lives).

I like the direction the Vols are heading since Jones came into town. An entirely different atmosphere around the Vols football program right now.

Clay Travis of outkickthecoverage who is a big vols fan is starting to fall in love with the way Butch Jones is recruiting. I also read on ESPN today that they sent 102 letters to one recruit in one day. If Butch Jones can really start to recruit this caliber of player the SEC better be on notice. I just wish Gary Pinkel could recruit like this.

Clay Travis of outkickthecoverage who is a big vols fan is starting to fall in love with the way Butch Jones is recruiting. I also read on ESPN today that they sent 102 letters to one recruit in one day. If Butch Jones can really start to recruit this caliber of player the SEC better be on notice. I just wish Gary Pinkel could recruit like this.

I'm really loving the energy that bUTch is bringing to the Vols and all of Rocky Top country. You can already feel a huge difference in the atmosphere in Knoxville. It was something that wasn't there with the hiring of Dooley. I see good things in Tennessee football's future.

Has this thread always been in the Random & Off Topic forum? I thought it was in Sports.

Has this thread always been in the Random & Off Topic forum? I thought it was in Sports.

Im seen threads get re-located like this by mistake. PM a mod and they will move it back. You are not crazy, it was there previously.

Im seen threads get re-located like this by mistake. PM a mod and they will move it back. You are not crazy, it was there previously.

Some would say that is debatable. hehe

Will do.

Auburn Football program under investigation

Auburn Football program under investigation

Thank you for moving this to the appropriate thread..

Sorry War Eagle:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...recruiting-rules-gene-chizik-according-report

Auburn's football program changed players' grades to secure eligibility, offered money to potential NFL draft picks so they would return for their senior seasons, and violated NCAA recruiting rules under former coach Gene Chizik, according to a report by former New York Times and Sports Illustrated writer Selena Roberts.

The report appears on Roberts' website, Roopstigo.com. According to three former Auburn players, as many as nine players' grades were changed before Auburn's win in the 2011 BCS national championship game.
"We thought we would be without (running back) Mike Dyer because he said he was one of them, but Auburn found a way to make those dudes eligible," former Auburn defensive lineman Mike Blanc told Roberts.

In an interview with AL.com on Wednesday, Blanc denied saying that quote. Blanc later tweeted: "Man this article is outrageous and isn't true."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back