Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

I think I'm gonna grab it. Was hitting the ball about 255-260 after roll. Still struggled with keeping shots hanging to the right, but all my numbers were optimal. Launch was always between 12.5-14* and backspin at it's highest was only 2750 RPM.

I like it dude. Cutting it down to a normal person length is going to get that accuracy dialed in for sure.

I like it dude. Cutting it down to a normal person length is going to get that accuracy dialed in for sure.

But the covert tour is 45"

Yeah but I probably won't invest $300 for the Black Tie aftermarket haha.

Trust me, I fully understand. I have my eye on either a Matrix Kujoh or a white tie.

The black tie would be fun, but not a smart idea for me in the driver.

Haha, I was talking to DK earlier and thought he was going standard covert.. This tapaTHPing is a dangerous game.
No no, my option was always Tour.

Haha, I was talking to DK earlier and thought he was going standard covert.. This tapaTHPing is a dangerous game.

I thought you were ignoring me. Hahaha.

Covert with a RIP Alpha 60 Stiff. That's my dream set-up.

Interesting. I do like that shaft.

I loved it, was just pounding the ball. Nike went up quite a bit in my book after hitting this. Understanding the technology behind it makes a lot of sense why the design is what it is.

I loved it, was just pounding the ball. Nike went up quite a bit in my book after hitting this. Understanding the technology behind it makes a lot of sense why the design is what it is.

Like I said much earlier in this thread. I feel like the cavity actually does what it is advertised to do. Nike should file this tech as "mission accomplished."

I'm hoping this bad boy performs as well in real life as it did on that monitor hahaha.

Like I said much earlier in this thread. I feel like the cavity actually does what it is advertised to do. Nike should file this tech as "mission accomplished."

Talking with a guy at our local shop around here and said that they basically explained it like this:

You've got two 10lb wts and two 2lb wts with a 10 and 2 connected in each setup. On one side you have the 10 in the front and 2 in the back. The second setup has the 2 in the front and the 10 in the back. Which one will be easier to throw with more accuracy? The 2lb with the 10 attached or the 10lb with the 2 attached? Easier to throw/control the ball with the least weight in the back. (10 with the 2 in the back)

So that was Nike's premise when designing that cavity in the back. Shift the weight to the front for more control/accuracy. It does make quite a bit of sense. Sorry if that's confusing. LOL.

After only a month of owning a Covert my accuracy is noticably better! I'm loving the technology for sure.....and the fairways.

After only a month of owning a Covert my accuracy is noticably better! I'm loving the technology for sure.....and the fairways.

That's awesome. It's a pretty cool concept they've ran with.

Accuracy is definitely up. Now that my Kiyoshi is in it I'm feeling fully in control and bombing the beejesus out of the thing. Even though I'm a little out of sync with my swing atm. Hitting into places rarely visited before. Had 1/2 wedge into a green I would normally use 8-9 iron to. Man it sounds awesome when you flush it.

Yessir! Today is the day. Heading to the range after baseball/work. Pretty excited to wreck some range balls with this beast. That red quickly went from hideous to man I really like that!

Accuracy is definitely up. Now that my Kiyoshi is in it I'm feeling fully in control and bombing the beejesus out of the thing. Even though I'm a little out of sync with my swing atm. Hitting into places rarely visited before. Had 1/2 wedge into a green I would normally use 8-9 iron to. Man it sounds awesome when you flush it.

You got that right, you hit this thing on the screws and you don't even have to watch it. The feel is great!

Yessir! Today is the day. Heading to the range after baseball/work. Pretty excited to wreck some range balls with this beast. That red quickly went from hideous to man I really like that!

I thought the same thing. It grows on you, especially after making it rain on some fools! :alien:

Covert with KK Silver 60gm X flex

Covert with KK Silver 60gm X flex

Alright, so Nike finally decided to send my Covert.

I bought the 60 gm X KK Silver. Now comparing the KK Black 50 S (my sons) and my KK 60 X, I think I prefer the Black. The black definitely loads up better. I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with it but it is shorter than my Vrs/51 gm X Fubuki K by quite a bit. Accuracy is about the same too.

May have to find another shaft... :arrogant:

Alright, so Nike finally decided to send my Covert.

I bought the 60 gm X KK Silver. Now comparing the KK Black 50 S (my sons) and my KK 60 X, I think I prefer the Black. The black definitely loads up better. I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with it but it is shorter than my Vrs/51 gm X Fubuki K by quite a bit. Accuracy is about the same too.

May have to find another shaft... :arrogant:

What loft do you have it set at? I had to set the loft at 12.5* and I'm happy I did.

Back